Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Life State Poll (Not) on Twitter !

Comments

• auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited June 2018
    I voted for witches on the first poll and on the second voted robots the others on the second poll just don't sound like something I would want in my game in everyday play.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    edited June 2018
    Gah, Werewolves are the feature I want the most in TS4 now that Seasons is out, and I miss this poll by a day :s

I know it wouldn't have made a difference to the final result, but it would have been nice to have my voice heard.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    @jimmysnan here is a tutorial on how to disable packs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9K3mMf-HtIs

Vampires is GP04 you will need that info to disable it. Disabling the pack should not affect the rest of your game except if you've used any of the furnishings or CAS assets they will disappear in your game and need to be replaced. :)

Thios does work but it does not take it out for good you have to do it at the start of every game, but it is a better solution then I have been playing with trying to avoid it thanks for the tip!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Also tbh I tink the imaginary friend shouldn't even be included xD I mean is that really a life state the same way the others are? Maybe I don't get it :D

Yeah...when I saw it there I was like "what???"
    Could have included something like Leprechauns, Ogres, Elves, Trolls, Nymphs, I don't know anything but Imaginary Friends :D

Glad I'm not the only one xD and yes, elves would have been a mile better than imaginary friends!

Part of why I chose Fairies is I think there's some overlap in lore between what a "Fairy" is and what an "Elf" is. And for me it feels fresh compared to Witches. But I'd play the heck out of a flexible witch pack too :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Also tbh I tink the imaginary friend shouldn't even be included xD I mean is that really a life state the same way the others are? Maybe I don't get it :D

Yeah...when I saw it there I was like "what???"
    Could have included something like Leprechauns, Ogres, Elves, Trolls, Nymphs, I don't know anything but Imaginary Friends :D

Glad I'm not the only one xD and yes, elves would have been a mile better than imaginary friends!

Part of why I chose Fairies is I think there's some overlap in lore between what a "Fairy" is and what an "Elf" is. And for me it feels fresh compared to Witches. But I'd play the heck out of a flexible witch pack too :)

Yeah fairies I totally understand. I kind of like them in TS3 too for that matter and it'd be cool to see what a more fleshed out version would do for them. It's not my first choice but probably my second (or third, robots may be second :D)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

Yes it can be brought to life when the child who loves it truly loves it, grows up - it can become a regular (but most faithful ever ) sim and can marry that grown up child. So it is definitely not just a toy. Also even as a toy it become a friend of your child sim - a play mate - can go to school etc, etc.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited June 2018
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Yes it can be brought to life when the child who loves it truly loves it, grows up - it can become a regular (but most faithful ever ) sim and can marry that grown up child. So it is definitely not just a toy. Also even as a toy it become a friend of your child sim - a play mate - can go to school etc, etc.

Oh I know that creepy doll can come to life (and follow your kids around all day before it does), that's why I got rid of it ASAP when my child sims got it after having played through that whole horror scenario the first time around xD It's just, to me, kinda like a normal sim once it comes to life. Just much creepier :D In a way I think they should add this just like they added patchy, in some other pack. But to dedicate a GP to it like to vampires or hopefully witches? Idk, maybe? I just can't really see it :/
    Ianamus wrote: »
    Gah, Werewolves are the feature I want the most in TS4 now that Seasons is out, and I miss this poll by a day :s

I know it wouldn't have made a difference to the final result, but it would have been nice to have my voice heard.

It's a good idea to check Grants page on Twitter every day if you are interested in what's happening at Maxis and he always does polls for just one day. Twitter gets way more simmers than the forum gets as the polls get 25,000 or more votes in just one day as all simmers can go to twitter but not all simmers can always come to this forum apparently (I don't know why, I have never asked - it's just what I see posted on twitter now and then from various twitter simmers) - so if you never want to miss a poll or don't want to miss out on info on things the devs are doing - it is a good idea to automatically check Grants page a couple times a day -

Today (Friday - June 29th) Grant is having a live Q & A with Simmers between 3 -4 pm Pacific time (California time) - so if you have questions - or just want to see answers to others questions - you probably should stop by his twitter page this after noon.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited June 2018
    My picks were witches and robots - but I honestly love all the supernaturals - but zombies. The only reason I can't love zombies is all they want to do is mindlessly kill my sims - where as all the rest can be your sims friend - some of which your sim should seriously rethink about not making them angry - still they do not go walking round wanting to eat your sim for the most part.

Granted I could see a zombie apocalypse where sims could in fact kill the zombies - then it would be fair, lol - but like I said - I do like all the other occults - with Witches and robots sort of my favs - the rest fall just slightly under my favs, and enjoy playing all but the zombies.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited June 2018
    Reksoh wrote: »
    I'm confused why some are saying what they "would have" voted for ? Why not just make a twitter and vote? You never have to use it again. Im just curious because you guys are kind of sounding like you have to go to the store to pick up a twitter account, or send an application through the mail, lol

There is no way I would ever make a Twitter account ever nor Facebook , and I should not have to make one in order to vote for something I want in the Sims 4 or anywhere else, that is My opinion on it, thanks for sharing though, :)
    TheoMist wrote: »
    > @happyopi said:
    > I'm disappointed so few people want werewolves. They've never been done right in the sims series and I would have loved for them to get the vampire GP treatment.
    >
    > I'd still play witches over any other, but didn't bother voting for them because why are they even trying, we all know witches will win.
    > This is laundry SP all over again.

That's exactly what I thought. The second I saw his tweet about the polls I was like "...T-This is really unnecessary."
    I just hope we eventually get to see the main 3 supernaturals, because I feel like if Werewolves got the vampire treatment they could be amazing.

Exactly, they are amazing in My opinion, they have Strength and are Fast, as well as the fact they can change from human to animal, that to Me is awesome in itself, and if they were done like the Vampires with wonderful strengths and weaknesses, I would buy that pack in a heartbeat, :)
    I REALLY want werewolves! It would be soo cool to turn every full moon! They would also go hand in hand with Vampires which would be pretty cool! I feel like Witches are wayyy too overrated lol

So True , :)
    edited June 2018
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    For the ones saying they do not use Twitter or do not have a twitter account. Is there a reason that's stopping you from creating one? Your vote could very well make a difference in what may or may not end up in our game :) Just like the old saying your vote will always matter. I myself don't use twitter but only on certain polls like this if i want to sort in hopes help the The sims 4 team head in the right direction if they are asking the community.

Yup My main reason I do not use Twitter or Facebook is that they get hacked to many times, as well as been sued by many people cause of info leaks, I do not trust either one ever, and stay away from them, yup :) , I have even seen them on the News in the past bout it, nope I stay away from them.
    edited June 2018
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    My top are witches, and mermaids. I just fail to understand why there are complaints he's doing this poll on twitter, it opens up to a much wider audience to poll from.

My main thing which really is not a complaint mind you, is that I think it also should be on the Sims Forums as well as Twitter, otherwise it looks like We as players do not count, but that is how I see it anyway, and I also wanted Mermaids , but I was not to keen that I did not see them on the list for the poll so I will stick with My # 1 choice Werewolves, but what can ya do aye, :)
    I voted for witches. Here's a pic of where the poll stood just a few minutes ago.

4n46TbT.jpg

Thank you so much for letting Us see what the % is, much appreciated to Everyone who took the time to add this in, thank you kindly.:)
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    The options I saw was -

Fairy
    Imaginary Friend
    Witch
    Mermaid

No Werewolf option! :(
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • TheoMistTheoMist Posts: 30 Member
    edited June 2018
    The options I saw was -

Fairy
    Imaginary Friend
    Witch
    Mermaid

No Werewolf option! :(

Werewolves were in the first poll.
    But...they uhh..they lost.
    Now we have seasons all I need is Werewolves and my game is complete.

latest?cb=20160920172855

• DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    I'm so glad that Witches are slaying it on the poll. I get wanting beaches, but mermaids are just boring to me. It's like, wow, you have a fish tail. Now what? :D Shame about the robots though. I was so over TS3 by the time the Plumbots were introduced, so I missed out on that.
  • triniwaytriniway Posts: 16 Member
    I think both Fairies and Witches are cool.
    What about an eternal battle between a good fairy and a bad witch? ..or sth like that. I always loved adding some fascinating back-stories to my households. Maybe it would be best if a pack with both would come out

Aside the poll, I'd love to see mermaids with and robots again in the game. Beaches, underwater, time travel and futurism, everything is awesome about these
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I can'T believe the imaginary friend made it to the final poll! :|:|:|
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I made a Twitter account (LatinaSith) and voted for Mermaids, of course, lol. :smile: Not that mermaids needed any help, since it seemed to be pretty high on the results! :blush:

~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    wyn wrote: »
    Brindleton wrote: »
    Out of those witches would probably win, regardless where this was posted.

I'm actually worried about witches being on this poll. This potentially means they haven't started developing any of these life states and just had a discussion about them recently :|

I’m actually more worried that it means they’re gonna break them all into individual game packs rather than a supernatural expansion to try to milk the money out of the player base.

I really, really hope they do.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited June 2018
    I, of course, would vote for witches ... but I'm happy with anything out of the ordinary in terms of life states they add.

I am surprised to have seen fairies beating werewolves, though. I hope both of those can be brought into the game.

eta: I see a different poll, too (I am not a twitterer or facebooker) -- I like Imaginary friends. I would have voted for them or robots even though Mermaids are nice.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • TheoMistTheoMist Posts: 30 Member
    I never really saw "Imaginary friends" as a lifestate though...Probably just me but still.
    Now we have seasons all I need is Werewolves and my game is complete.

latest?cb=20160920172855

edited June 2018
    I can'T believe the imaginary friend made it to the final poll! :|:|:|

Hahahaha me neither xD

Anyway, witches are winning so all is well :relaxed:

For those who'd like to vote: