Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Witches/Werewolves might not be the next gp

I might over thinking this buuut I was thinking about the poll by Grant and it is making me think that an occult gp or specifically the occults listed in the poll is not the next gp. Maybe something else is next and they're trying to plan the gp after the next one and see what occult would be better to do. I don't think they would be having a poll on whether players preferred witches, fairies, werewolves or genies if one was going to be the theme of the next gp. I'm guessing they are already developing the next gp so it wouldn't make sense to have a poll to see what players want if they are already working on it. So this kind of convinces me that witches or werewolves won't be the next gp. But you know I could be wrong.
Check out my twitter and tumblr

Comments

• MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Agreed.

They've already said before that they can't talk about whatever it is they're currently making. They can't confirm or deny. So anything they are actively talking about (from polls on occult life states to, yes, everyone's favorite farming possibilities) is very likely to not actually be in production yet. Could be a red herring in this regard, 'Let's make a poll and two of the options are already in production but we don't have to tell them that.' But who knows. I think they'd not be touching it if they were doing it.

Which is why I'm currently in a place of having absolutely no idea of what could be next.

A while back they also said that weren't currently doing anything University related. Could that have changed since then, absolutely, but to outright say no on it at the time. Eh.
    a63ftuN.png
  • TheoMistTheoMist Posts: 30 Member
    Also agreed. I was one of the few who wanted/thought there was a chance werewolves would be the next GP so I was pretty disappointed when I saw they were doing a poll on it.

But maybe they're planning for an October/Early November release? Either way feels really weird.

The second I saw the poll I knew werewolves were going to be absolutely destroyed haha...But still I hope this doesn't stop them from ever including them!
    Now we have seasons all I need is Werewolves and my game is complete.

latest?cb=20160920172855

• kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    TheoMist wrote: »
    But maybe they're planning for an October/Early November release? Either way feels really weird.

I don't know how long they take to work on game packs but a release later this year or early next year could be possible. It depends on if they plan to do the next gp this summer or in the fall.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2018
    This pleases me
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    My thoughts exactly when I saw the poll. It's a bummer because I was hoping that we'd get witches for Halloween. Oh well, at least the poll means that they're considering making more occults. I wonder what they're going to release this year now that the witches pack is ruled out. There was much speculation that witches would be next. Mmm...
  • SimmerinLifeSimmerinLife Posts: 26 Member
    yes, i am actually hoping for a tropical game pack next! maybe announced in the next few days, maybe for august release!! my sims keep dreaming and the thought bubbles above their head are all tropical pictures one night, like treasure chests and palm trees! i hope it’s not a coincidence!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Well if witches certainly win out then they'll HAVE to consider Witches anyway. Not creating the winning poll option will only distress more simmers and would be a bad move on their part.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Well if witches certainly win out then they'll HAVE to consider Witches anyway. Not creating the winning poll option will only distress more simmers and would be a bad move on their part.

SimGuruGrant also said that Witches were his favorite occult, so if there IS one currently in secret production, I would guess it'd be Witches. If not, I can only imagine Witches will now be very high on the priority list.

But don't listen to me. I've been wrong about literally almost everything so far. :D

I voted for Werewolves and Robots in the Twitter polls, on that note...so I think I'm out of luck.
    a63ftuN.png
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    TheoMist wrote: »

I don't know how long they take to work on game packs but a release later this year or early next year could be possible. It depends on if they plan to do the next gp this summer or in the fall.

To put things into perspective, even a stuff pack takes close to a year to make. If they still haven’t decided to work on it, it won’t be released until mid-2019 at the earliest.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Honestly.. I don't mind what's next. I have my seasons and my cats and dogs. I'm happy.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Well I was certain Witches would be next.. so either they know they would poll well and this is publicity or they need to make them. Kind of a bummer if I have to wait a year.
    egTcBMc.png
  • DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if they have started working on a few of them and just did the polls to get an idea of which one to release first.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited July 2018
    Well we don't know that. It is a Separate team working on GPs and they could have a few packs already in development, but they're wondering which one should be the one to be served first?

That's my wishful thinking. It's been ages since Vampires was released and we've had another "Normal" GP between it, so it's Time for another Life State.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    That was my initial thought, but then I thought a bit more. Grant knew for sure that witches would win any supernatural poll, if they are coming soon, what better way to get people pumped up and talking about supernaturals than by doing this?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    right now i would welcome something else

no holiday or supernatural. i love both but don't feel like them yet

school pack
    farming pack
    romance pack
    career pack

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• IanamusIanamus Posts: 101 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm hoping they go expansion pack at this point. I liked the idea of supernatural game packs, but there are several occult life stages that I would like to see, and some of them didn't do as well as I'd have liked on the polls. I feel like if they stick to game packs we just won't see them at all, or if we do it won't be for another three years.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Agree! since a stuff pack alone like the Laundry Day Stuff took months and months to be completed.
    y'all got bread?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    My guess for the next GP is fashion.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Yeah, a bit disappointing.

Regardless, I would be glad for whatever pack comes next. I just love getting more content. :blush:

Hmm... maybe a tropical or farming pack instead? Romance? Superstar? :star:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    The only way that Witches is the next GP is if they included it in the poll as a red herring. Because if it wasn't in the poll, that would fuel more rumors that it's coming. Sooooo…. if that's the case, mermaids is the true winner.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited July 2018
    I dont think you should assume things from nothing, ever...
    In the beginning of the year, one of the SimGurus made a poll asking what they liked more. Include Painting, Photography, and other Stuff... One of them was gardening, that was later added in Seasons. Like, just a couple of months later!
    Post edited by Karon on
  • DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    I wouldn't be surprised if they have been working on a life state or two and are using the polls to 1) figure out what to release first and
    2) get options as to what they need to start working on next.
  • esfireesfire Posts: 201 Member
    I really wish we'd get something LESS slice of life for once, i was def hoping we'd get something for the fantasy simmers this year
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    I think Witches GP might be in production right now. They don't need a poll to learn that witches and vampires are the most popular occults. The result was very predictable. Such polls can be used to start speculations and hype among the community. Besides, the information about the second-popular life state can be useful to start production of the next pack. I hope to see the official announcement in the next few months.
  • safersavioursafersaviour Posts: 507 Member
    I'd like to think that the polls were part of a little misdirection. I've been dying for new occult gameplay options.