Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Life State Poll (Not) on Twitter !

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I would have voted for Witches but I still haven't made a twitter account. I don't feel snubbed that they are doing it there if I was upset enough about it I'd probably just a make an account. I'd like to see all of these Supernaturals make it in eventually.. and a few more.
    egTcBMc.png
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    edited June 2018
    Witches are the only one I am interested in.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    Witches, just cuz I want magic with spells and stuff.

I guess the rest is alright too.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Witches are probably gonna win, they've been speculated for a long time now, they are the most popular of all occults and Sim Gurus definitely see that.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited June 2018
    I voted Witches and they are in the lead with 57% of the vote, Fairies 21%, werewolves 16%, Genie 6%. from the time of my post.

Witches would make another good use for cats if you have Cats & Dogs and could have another use for teleporting on broomsticks and interactive magic objects. Fairies should probably come with them for those who like making fairy stories.

I'd like a Genie too. They would bring magic and oriental objects (flying carpets)! and decoration. I found them fun to play in previous Sims's games.

I would probably turn off Werewolves in most games unless concentrating on Vampires and a dark game. They remind me of the Zombies that had to later be given the option to turn off as they spawned all over and wouldn't go away.

• Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I voted Witches and they are in the lead with 57% of the vote, Fairies 21%, werewolves 16%, Genie 6%. from the time of my post.

Thanks for letting us know!

I hope that if they make a Witches pack we'll be able to choose between different "sorts"/styles of witches.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I voted for witches. Fairies would also be great but witches first. I need them in my save.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Brindleton wrote: »
    Out of those witches would probably win, regardless where this was posted.

I'm actually worried about witches being on this poll. This potentially means they haven't started developing any of these life states and just had a discussion about them recently :|

I’m actually more worried that it means they’re gonna break them all into individual game packs rather than a supernatural expansion to try to milk the money out of the player base.
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    wyn wrote: »
    Brindleton wrote: »
    Out of those witches would probably win, regardless where this was posted.

I'm actually worried about witches being on this poll. This potentially means they haven't started developing any of these life states and just had a discussion about them recently :|

I’m actually more worried that it means they’re gonna break them all into individual game packs rather than a supernatural expansion to try to milk the money out of the player base.

Well, I think that's a given by now. Or at least the major ones, then others would be (if at all) scattered around EPs and such.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • InfinitexSimsInfinitexSims Posts: 239 Member
    I REALLY want werewolves! It would be soo cool to turn every full moon! They would also go hand in hand with Vampires which would be pretty cool! I feel like Witches are wayyy too overrated lol
    chimera-evil-gif-teen-wolf-Favim.com-3963872.gif
    Theo♥
  • TheoMistTheoMist Posts: 30 Member
    I REALLY want werewolves! It would be soo cool to turn every full moon! They would also go hand in hand with Vampires which would be pretty cool! I feel like Witches are wayyy too overrated lol

I feel alot like it's because most of the times werewolves have been in the sims - they've been fairly disappointing, and Witches/Vampires
    have definitely gotten the best reception when it comes to the past games.
    Now we have seasons all I need is Werewolves and my game is complete.

latest?cb=20160920172855

• SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    For the ones saying they do not use Twitter or do not have a twitter account. Is there a reason that's stopping you from creating one? Your vote could very well make a difference in what may or may not end up in our game :) Just like the old saying your vote will always matter. I myself don't use twitter but only on certain polls like this if i want to sort in hopes help the The sims 4 team head in the right direction if they are asking the community.
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,810 Member
    Witches.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    For the ones saying they do not use Twitter or do not have a twitter account. Is there a reason that's stopping you from creating one? Your vote could very well make a difference in what may or may not end up in our game :) Just like the old saying your vote will always matter. I myself don't use twitter but only on certain polls like this if i want to sort in hopes help the The sims 4 team head in the right direction if they are asking the community.

I joined to do that plus there are unexpected benefits if you want to follow up to date local news etc. I have put the least information in my profile that is possible.
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    My top are witches, and mermaids. I just fail to understand why there are complaints he's doing this poll on twitter, it opens up to a much wider audience to poll from.
  • TheoMistTheoMist Posts: 30 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    My top are witches, and mermaids. I just fail to understand why there are complaints he's doing this poll on twitter, it opens up to a much wider audience to poll from.

Not sure in all honesty, I think it might be because it feels like something that should be/should ALSO be on the Forum website...Because the only way you'd hear about it is through twitter.

What I can't understand is why he's even doing the poll...Like it takes a two second forum look to know what the community want, so it's pretty pointless.
    Now we have seasons all I need is Werewolves and my game is complete.

latest?cb=20160920172855

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2018
    I voted for witches. Here's a pic of where the poll stood just a few minutes ago.

4n46TbT.jpg
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,627 Member
    edited June 2018
    He has 18,700 followers on Twitter. I doubt there's even that many people registered on the forums, much less active on them. And the Sims and SimGuru Twitter accounts are *just* as official as the forums are. If you want to participate, join, just like you had to to participate here.

I don't think they'll use a single poll to decide what to do, but it helps to get yet another point of insight and to open up conversation about *why* and *how* that can help with design decisions.

Personally, I voted for Fairies :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, the reality is that Twitter has a wider reach than the forums.

I voted witches and they're winning by a landslide. Even if the other 3 choices banded together against witches in the 1-on-1 bracket, witches would still win. :0
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    Simburian wrote: »
    Slyvanas wrote: »

I joined to do that plus there are unexpected benefits if you want to follow up to date local news etc. I have put the least information in my profile that is possible.

I have 2, one where I follow politics and news and the like and a second one just for S4 where I follow only other simmers, game changers/YouTubers/influencers, gurus, and the @TheSims Twitter account. You can choose to keep all your personal info private, your real name doesn't even have to display anywhere on your account to anyone other than you. Both your @handle and display name can be what you use here on the forum like mine are or, you can make up something entirely different. The fact is most of the fresh TS4 news is breaking on Twitter now.
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    If they are doing the same format for other occults like vampires, I think that genies are the least deserving. Feels like something that should be in a Middle Eastern vacay GP or something.

But I voted for witches; fairies would have been my second choice.
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    TheoMist wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

Not sure in all honesty, I think it might be because it feels like something that should be/should ALSO be on the Forum website...Because the only way you'd hear about it is through twitter.

What I can't understand is why he's even doing the poll...Like it takes a two second forum look to know what the community want, so it's pretty pointless.

Because these forums are a much smaller group and only represents a small fraction of the online Sims community. Doing it on twitter allows them reach a much larger portion of the online community, and makes it easier for fans to weigh in.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I would rather have witches then the vampires. I have been trying to remove the vampire pack for awhile now as they spawn everywhere in my game. Seems you cant take the pack out you have to have it to play the game. So I am stuck. Unless I use a mod which I do. So I am fearful anymore additions like this and I will have my game overrun with whatever occults and no sims.
  • Trinaboswell29Trinaboswell29 Posts: 119 Member
    If I had a Twitter account to vote I would have choosen fairies. I never play with life states in the sims but I would love a different take on the fairy creatures then what's been shown in the past sims games.
    @jimmysnan here is a tutorial on how to disable packs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9K3mMf-HtIs

Vampires is GP04 you will need that info to disable it. Disabling the pack should not affect the rest of your game except if you've used any of the furnishings or CAS assets they will disappear in your game and need to be replaced. :)