Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Cassee wrote: »
    Ms Bry, I ♥♥♥♥♥ you. Is my game broke? Is Spring time suppose to look like this 3 days into Spring?

06-22-18_8-58-59nbspPM_zpsyhapiawn.png

Or is this just another bug?

My spring looks like this too, @Cassee . I assume the first days of spring are often cloudy, rainy and dark just like in real life!
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Assuming the season is set to 7 days of spring then 3 Sim days represents almost half way through Spring. I would expect it to look far more cheerful by that time.
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Cassee wrote: »
    Ms Bry, I ♥♥♥♥♥ you. Is my game broke? Is Spring time suppose to look like this 3 days into Spring?

06-22-18_8-58-59nbspPM_zpsyhapiawn.png

Or is this just another bug?

I think this is because the transition from winter to spring is included too. That is what you are experiencing in the picture.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Hi all! Thanks for responding. I was thinking the same thing, but I'm with @sawdust on this one. 3 days into a 7 day Season is halfway. Surely I would be seeing blooming flowers and budding trees by now. Going in game later to finish build. Hopefully, before day 7 and Summer begins, I will have at least one day of Spring time. ;-)
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
    EA "timing" is something that needs to be seriously looked at. The majority of animations are too long for the Sim time used. They need to work it out like they did with routing as that use to be a pet peeve of many.
  • BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    A lot going on here - I'll respond as soon as I can to each. In the meantime, I just wanted to put out an FYI that it doesn't look like the new external house décor (the stuff you can select from the attic box to put on eaves, foundation, etc.) transfers... At least when I decorated a house (and I just chose everyday in order to test), saved it to my library, and placed it on a new lot, the décor was gone. Anyone else have the same experience?
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    Hi Ms Bry. I haven't had a chance to test the house decor. I am trying to get this remodel done. There are soooo many bugs with this patch and EP. So many things I use are not working.

I did go in game and start a BRAND new repaired game to see what would happen. Well, game started on a Sunday. This pic is Wednesday. You can see that the green plants and trees are back but flowers and grasses seem to be taking even longer. Spring will be over by the time my flowers look normal. I know April showers bring May flowers but it rained Sunday through Wednesday. It stopped for a couple of Sim hours each day. Also, does anyone else think the game seems a little dark. Usually I build at night so I can see colors better. It just seems darker to me now. Lights are not as bright as they were.

06-23-18_2-19-35nbspPM_zpsvyvb6prx.png

Thanks again, Ms Bry for all your awesomeness!!!♥♥♥
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited June 2018
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    A lot going on here - I'll respond as soon as I can to each. In the meantime, I just wanted to put out an FYI that it doesn't look like the new external house décor (the stuff you can select from the attic box to put on eaves, foundation, etc.) transfers... At least when I decorated a house (and I just chose everyday in order to test), saved it to my library, and placed it on a new lot, the décor was gone. Anyone else have the same experience?

@BryonyRae Same for me, deco disappeared when placing lot, testing with MOO off/on and in world mode.

As an aside, how do you remove deco? I must be blind....
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    Same way you place it @Nectere ... use the decoration box. :)
    @Cassee so I ran a test save family starting in Winter (which as aside I thought was an amazing season except for my sims going out to shovel snow in some random spot for no apparent reason...) through about mid-Spring. I didn't have a sunny Spring day until day 4. The prior 3 days of Spring were either dark or overcast with a good amount of rain. However, during each of those days, I observed changes in the foliage as it gradually came back to life / blossomed. By my day 4, I felt like the plant life looked mostly as it should (I felt like some of the neighborhood shrubs looked a bit yellower than they should), but there were lots of flowers, grasses, trees were full of leaves/blossoms. My trees actually started sporting a few new leaves again beginning on day 1 or 2, so yours definitely look off to me to have no leaves by day 3...

However, I don't know how things might change year to year, location to location, etc. Not to mention from one game to another. I'd advise playing through another year or two in the same game and see if there is any variation. Maybe if it starts out super cold and wet, it takes longer for stuff to grow. Keep us posted! As far as the game seeming darker, I think definitely on the days where the weather is showing that it will be overcast, rain, etc. I've noticed a big difference. It seems like you need a fully sunny day to get the brightness that we had pre-seasons. It makes sense to me, although I'm not sure that I love it. If we're trying to build during a season, it could make it even trickier than usual to judge the exterior colors we're using, with whatever saturation's going on...

@Nectere regarding the shadows, ah, okay. Yes, there is a great deal of variation among objects, and I don't know why that is, other than the objects weren't designed with shrinking/enlarging in mind. It's definitely considered a cheat: from the Nov. 7 2017 patch notes where shrinking was introduced:

"Shrink Objects, you can now shrink objects in your game using the Size Down cheat!
    Similar to the Size Up cheat, which uses the Close Bracket, the Size Down cheat uses the Open Bracket.
    This only changes the visual appearance of the object, and not the behavior.
    Using it alongside MOO can allow you to create some great decorative configurations - like shelves full of MySim collectibles, or a Gulliver land to explore!
    Be wary however, not all objects shrink or enlarge as expected. It is a cheat after all."

Yes, we have asked for the windows and doors to be normalized across all heights in the past, along with color palettes. Thank you for testing the decor! :)

@sawdust I actually liked the transition in Spring; it reminded me of how Spring actually is - at least in my area anyway. It always feels like it takes forever to actually warm up a bit and get some sunshine going. Maybe that's a bit more realism that people want in the game though. :P I agree with the animations taking too long; I was especially annoyed with the animations to use the new Attic box. I just want to set my decorations NOW please. ;) I would post about it in the Feedback section of the forums or even Tweet to a guru about it. Definitely not a bug but a preference they should hear about.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    edited June 2018
    @BryonyRae When I tested my latest build (see it here hint, hint, it's amazing ;) ) my decorations went straight up and down when using the box. My Sims didn't even go near the box. There's several commands from memory, I just used the "put 'em up" and accepted whatever was default.

I imagine in cold climes that transition might be the norm but I was born and raised in a temperate zone and live now in the tropics so it is unusual to me. I've never been a Seasons fan because EA has only ever done one climate zone and as most of my Sims always had a garden, in a cold climate zone?, limits how long it actually grows and is not under snow and/or dormant. I remember in Sims 3 trying to have a "tropical clime" in Isla Paradisio. I ended up having to turn off everything except Summer as even Spring and Autumn had a few days of plant dormancy. It wasn't even worth having the expansion in that situation. :)
    Thanks, Ms Bry. Yes, day 4 of new game, flowers and other dormant plants started to breathe. ♥♥ :) I adore all the new 'stuff' but I am not a play Sim. I play only to test new items and routing. When I go into build mode, 'play mode' needs to take a back seat, nap, break, something! I need to SEE colors, styles, textures as they actual are. Me sad :'( about bugs but all will be better, some day. :-)
    I didn't see any options like that when I was playing @sawdust - will have to experiment more. And of course I will check out your build. :D

@Cassee maybe try the new weather control object? Looks like it's called "Dr. June’s Weather Control Device" and if you have a sim with high handiness, there are several upgrades you can make to it. I also saw someone tweet that they had uploaded a fully upgraded version to the Gallery (although if the Gallery still functions like it has in the past, upgrades on appliances don't transfer). I haven't tried it yet, but I'd think that even if you have to spend a little time to upgrade it, it would probably be worth having on the lot as you build...
    edited June 2018
    Okay, this is a small fix, but it makes me happy because it had bugged me for sooooo long. The Oasis Springs mailbox now has 3 distinct palette options! :D

And at long last, the Hakim House elevator wall is no longer drywall. :p
    If anyone gets a chance, there is a player who is experiencing "ghost fish" in the Tap Tap Table (from My First Pet). I haven't been able to reproduce it in my game. The thread is here. Please post on it and click "Me Too" if you find the problem in your game.
  • XskyeXXskyeX Posts: 22 Member
    Hello, I was directed here from the Sims 4 Seasons - Glitches So Far Thread.

After choosing Build mode via Manage Worlds and moving a room to a different spot, the furniture that was inside is left behind in it's original place. I've also tried repairing the game and disabling and moving my Mods folder and the issue still occurs for me. However, this doesn't seem to happen when doing so on Live mode, so I'm curious if this is also happening for other people.
    @XskyeX I'm a bit confused, as from Manage Worlds, you are typically working with lots, not individual rooms. Do you mean that you were in live mode on a lot, switched to build mode, and moved a room? If not, please tell me the exact steps you took, and I will test it in my game. Thanks. :)
    @XskyeX I'm a bit confused, as from Manage Worlds, you are typically working with lots, not individual rooms. Do you mean that you were in live mode on a lot, switched to build mode, and moved a room? If not, please tell me the exact steps you took, and I will test it in my game. Thanks. :)

Not quite, but close. Apologies for being a bit unclear, I'm trying my best to explain.

On the day of coming across said issue, I went to Build mode through Manage Worlds so that I wouldn't have my sims in the way while I rebuilt my lot. Basically leaving Live mode > Manage Worlds > Clicked on household > Clicked on the Build icon. Once I was directed to my lot, I clicked on a room and chose the Move icon to set the room at an empty space. After setting the room to it's chosen spot, I noticed most of the items that were inside the room did not remain intact with it. The items were left in its original spot, leaving the room nearly empty besides the windows, wallpaper, flooring, and some wall items.

I've tried going back and doing the same in Live mode, just to test it out and make sure that it was only when I was on Manage Worlds that this issue happened. So I've went back to Live mode, clicked on a room, moved it to an empty space, and all of the items stayed inside the room, leaving nothing behind in it's original spot.

If the extra detail helps for testing this out, the lot I used is in Forgotten Hollow and the name is Fledermaus Bend.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    FYI-winter does not kill bugs in Granite Falls.
  • FTS4DFTS4D Posts: 17 Member
    Hi everyone!

My question is about basements and what you see, if you're looking upside with the free camera.

When basements were introduced, it was possible to see what was on the levels above. Now there is only black emptiness.
    I'm running the game on ultra settings, so there is no possibility to change this via ingame menu. It's all maxed out.

Is there a tweak for the ini files to bring back the view or is it gone forever?

Thanks in advance.
    @XskyeX thanks for the clarification! Yes, I was able to reproduce the issue in my game and have created a thread for it on AHQ. Please click on the "Me Too" button to bring dev attention to the bug. :)
    edited July 2018
    @JojoMOMSTER ster was there an expectation that something should happen to bugs in winter time? Do they get handled differently in other worlds?
    @FTS4D when you say free camera, are you talking about the TAB camera mode? I'm going to assume so... So the thing about basements and TAB is that you can only use it down there when you are on the basement level, and when you are on the basement level, you can't see the levels above, and that works the same for each level, actually - those above the basement will just show empty sky where there is a gap (for stairs going up, etc.). The solution for levels above the basement is to go ahead and put the level up to max, then hit tab and use Q to descend back down to a lower level. However, you cannot descend into the basement that way and thus are stuck without being to get any view from the basement of areas above it. This is something we have requested that the devs change, but so far, no luck. :(
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @BryonyRae I guess more of an expectation that winter kills bugs off IRL so it seem like a peculiar ‘temporary suspension of disbelief’ I suppose. It just seems so bizarre to me because there are no bugs in winter so I would’ve thought the bugs in Granite Falls would not spawn in winter, just like the plants go dormant.
    @XskyeX thanks for the clarification! Yes, I was able to reproduce the issue in my game and have created a thread for it on AHQ. Please click on the "Me Too" button to bring dev attention to the bug. :)

Got it, thanks for the help!