Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
    @sawdust I don't know about xinqun, but it seems to work either way in my game.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    Will take a look @Nectere.
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
    One more note about the split levels issue; I updated the thread to include Xinqun's information, but I also wanted to note that as well as not being able to intersect stairs with a loft space, you cannot use half walls if you want stairs to intersect at any level. You have to use fences. Just an FYI.
  • XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    edited June 2018
    @sawdust I'm not sure it matters either way, as long as you never have a moment where a room is missing both a floor and part of its walls. In the examples I did, I think I used the "replace" command.

@BryonyRae But ... the stairs DO work the same way as on a ground level split. I've been doing the double-storey thing this way from the very beginning. Unless you mean, when you want a stair to continue from the second floor up over the open space to a third floor? Because yeah, that's an annoyance that could be solved by letting the bottom of the stairs break through a fence in the same way the top does. I get around that by using spandrels to divide the spaces instead.
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    I don't think it is the defining of the room that is the problem as you can't delete the floor unless the room is defined. My testing shows it depends on how you achieve the room that makes the difference. In my picture above (a few posts ago), if I draw the internal room using walls then replaced them with fences? Not a problem. If I draw the fence using the "draw" tool, not a problem but if I drew the fence using the "enclosure" tool it automatically cut out the ceiling above the area and that is where the problem lies. Now part of the ceiling is missing so when you place the glass roof over the top you end up with the edge of the ceiling between the two areas showing. The area to be covered by a glass roof must be fully covered by a ceiling or it must have no ceiling. Using a flat over the area won't work because that is not a ceiling but is the floor of the 3rd storey.
    Not in my game Xinqun… I tested placing stairs through the fencing with a ground level split; no problem. On a loft, the game wouldn't let me. Now, I didn't have MOO on - it probably will with MOO on...
    Oh bah, and it just worked without MOO in my game. Odd that it didn't before, but I must have had something in the way of the stairs...maybe a downstairs wall I didn't see.
    Okay then, well, it's really just feedback on the half walls then, which I suppose we can live without using when we want those pretty glass roofs. :p
  • XinqunXinqun Posts: 612 Member
    @sawdust When you use the fence enclosure tool, what you're really doing is telling the game to put a roofless deck in that place. All you have to do then is select the fenced enclosure, go up a level, then click the yellow outline to "build ceiling".
    That was sorta my point @Xinqun. It's not that the room isn't defined, it's the way it's defined that makes the difference. Any area covered by a glass roof needs a ceiling. If the ceiling is missing then we end up with the problem. :)
    As an aside @BryonyRae ... I was just going over the list again on page one and noticed the request for a "one tile flat piece". I thought it might be worth mentioning that you can make your own and save it as a room so that it is always accessible. I have that plus a diamond (square on the diagonal), semi-circle and full circle all saved in rooms for easy access.
    Nice idea, @sawdust. That would save me time... if I remember that I have it saved in a room. :D
    Nectere wrote: »
    The shadows (items that have shadows) arent matching the Seasons stuff when resized.

Also in my game the "Granite Falls Blossom" seems to have had its pick up box broken up as it is darn near impossible to pick up once set down - you have to be on just the right blossom(s) to get the pickup hand or delete. This is especially difficult if you have layered that plant in with others.

I am also getting intense lag in build mode, buy mode seems fine.

No mods/no cc/empty caches/repaired game

@nectere I'm actually not quite sure what you mean by items with shadows not matching seasons stuff. Do you mean things like the shadow under a sculpture not enlarging when you enlarge the object? That is common across many objects, including base game. A lot of objects seem to have hard coded shadows, and many of those stay the same size regardless of the object's size. Others do change (usually for the worse though!). It can be annoying, but I doubt it's anything they're going to invest in changing, given that resizing is considered a cheat in the first place and thus is not supported.

I'm seeing the same thing as you are with the Granite Falls Blossom and have added an issue to AHQ for it here. Please click the "Me Too" button. :)

As for the lag, is it mostly happening when working with wall styles or floor styles? In Brindleton Bay by chance? Take a look at this thread where people are reporting something similar. I was able to reproduce the lag, but only in Brindleton Bay. If you're experiencing it on certain lots in other worlds, please let me know which ones.
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    @BryonyRae Hey Ms Bry♥♥ Thank you. I wasn't looking hard enough. You have to hover mouse over spliced plant, then hover over 'Harvest Harvestables' link then it shows you exactly what you will be harvesting. Ex. 2 strawberries, 1 blue berry, 3 grapes.
    Whatever you have spliced, shows here.

Thanks again for all you do♥♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited June 2018
    BryonyRae wrote: »
    The shadows (items that have shadows) arent matching the Seasons stuff when resized.

Also in my game the "Granite Falls Blossom" seems to have had its pick up box broken up as it is darn near impossible to pick up once set down - you have to be on just the right blossom(s) to get the pickup hand or delete. This is especially difficult if you have layered that plant in with others.

I am also getting intense lag in build mode, buy mode seems fine.

No mods/no cc/empty caches/repaired game

@nectere I'm actually not quite sure what you mean by items with shadows not matching seasons stuff. Do you mean things like the shadow under a sculpture not enlarging when you enlarge the object? That is common across many objects, including base game. A lot of objects seem to have hard coded shadows, and many of those stay the same size regardless of the object's size. Others do change (usually for the worse though!). It can be annoying, but I doubt it's anything they're going to invest in changing, given that resizing is considered a cheat in the first place and thus is not supported.

I'm seeing the same thing as you are with the Granite Falls Blossom and have added an issue to AHQ for it here. Please click the "Me Too" button. :)

As for the lag, is it mostly happening when working with wall styles or floor styles? In Brindleton Bay by chance? Take a look at this thread where people are reporting something similar. I was able to reproduce the lag, but only in Brindleton Bay. If you're experiencing it on certain lots in other worlds, please let me know which ones.

@BryonyRae The shadows in the Seasons Xpac do not resize is what I meant (those things that have shadows). With light casting shadows I dont understand why they are putting hard coded and separated shadows that dont move with the object at all. I have also noticed that some items have shadows that will shrink with the object but not enlarge - take the Vinage Baseball Bat Sculpture for instance. Clearly those shadows will shrink with the object but will not enlarge - that seems like some sort of coding that says yes or disappear to shrink but no to enlarge. It feels more like inconsistency of asset creation to me. We had this issue as CC creators in Sims2. Is resizing really a cheat? It used to be for sure because you had to put it on your head first with testingcheats on - I dont have cheats on, they are no longer required and it is now a feature as expressed by gurus in one of the updates. They did say some may not work as expected but I assumed that was for things sims sit or lay on, not shadows.

Here is a prime example of inconsistency in asset creation - each wreath has been sized down twice (more examples under spoiler):
    1hJNNdV.png
    AkJ3qq5.png
    eUlZnM5.png
    PB02FnQ.png
    wv8go7I.png

You cant even see this shadow at normal size so no idea what its even there
    MqgaLSh.png
    Again, why is the shadow even there?
    6EjAdjw.png
    This one has no shadow resize at all
    7I5GVFL.png

I still havent figured out why the shelves can be shrunk and the slot height moves with it but doesnt work for any other surface when shrunk. Notice the LaundryMaid Deluxe Shelving has ONE surface whose slot moves down with it (although doesnt stay centered), whereas the top shelf on this item doesnt not allow its slot to move down with it. For comparison I have included Not Do Invisible shelf to show that the slots move down as the thickness of the shelf changes with shrinkage (although it cant center because there is more than one slot maybe?)
    MNg3YdL.png

Yes it was Brindleton Bay that the lag was hard in build mode, buy mode didnt suffer the same amount of slow down for me.

Also I was unable to duplicate your issue with the loft, but maybe I didnt build it the same. I used half walls and to my knowledge stairs have never been able to pass through like a fence, I could be wrong I am sure, but I dont recall it and do remember being frustrated by it in the past. I have also been able to place the glass roof with and without a ceiling. I however do not like the edge as it leaves a gap from the wall so I try to cover it with one tile of roof sitting on the edge of the wall (no ceiling) since you cant put trim up there without it being massive (frieze) or creating a ceiling you can no longer see thru. :neutral: I managed to use smooth keeper fencing without a ceiling to get some trim up there to hide that awful gap but it doesnt come in enough matching colors, and as soon as you remove it your trim goes away (did this always happen?)

I am pushing your buttons! (clicked me too)

Post edited by Nectere on
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
    edited June 2018
    Also I really really really wish they would provide windows/doors sets for all wall heights. Its frustrating to find just the right (new) window for your short upper level and not find anything that matches for a taller lower level or vice versa or any combo thereof (and even if you do find something semi acceptable, it doesnt come in the same color).
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Asha_ZedAsha_Zed Posts: 8 New Member
    I've just noticed an issue now that we have glass rooves (which I love btw) - I can't paint the inside of the roof. I've just completed a build with a sunroom and it has an ugly drywall-covered internal wall, which I can obviously see through the glass roof... Is there any way to sort this or can it be flagged as an issue to fix in an upcoming patch? TIA <3
    Asha_Zed wrote: »
    I've just noticed an issue now that we have glass rooves (which I love btw) - I can't paint the inside of the roof. I've just completed a build with a sunroom and it has an ugly drywall-covered internal wall, which I can obviously see through the glass roof... Is there any way to sort this or can it be flagged as an issue to fix in an upcoming patch? TIA <3

@Asha_Zed Can you post a picture of what you mean?
    Origin ID NectereSim
    @Nectere

New member, so I can't post much :'(

Try this (without the spaces)

https ://
    ibb.co/
    kcz8X8
    edited June 2018
    https://ibb.co/kcz8X8

@Asha_Zed

Burning question: where did you get those side windows on your roof?

As far as the roof:
    Just color your roof as normal or put windows there (plus color it), you may need to take out one of your side windows to get to it to color it, or slide the back side of the gable away and color it that way (the back of the half gable) You should color the adjacent wall as well (the one the roof is "leaning" against) otherwise it will remain drywall, looks like you already have tho, so just color the roof in the same texture or not if you want a contrasted greenroom. (but only the backside will be contrasted however in your case with those snappy side roof windows it shouldnt matter.
    Similar structure colored except I dont have those awesome matching (I must assume cc) windows:
    kiV8K5G.png
    Post edited by Nectere on
    Origin ID NectereSim
    @Nectere

Thanks, I think I should be able to figure it out... :D

They're one of Mutske's designs on TSR. Pilton Construction set: https ://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Mutske/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets/title/pilton-constructionset-part-3/id/1412177/
    edited June 2018
    @Nectere

They're one of Mutske's designs on TSR. Pilton Construction set: https ://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/Mutske/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets/title/pilton-constructionset-part-3/id/1412177/

Its times like this I wish I used CC, but I dont. Ah well

Mutske has always been trustable and makes gorgeous well thought out things tho, thats for sure!
    Origin ID NectereSim
    @Nectere

Yes, true... I don't use much as it makes my game lag but I got frustrated with the choices of windows and doors so I grabbed a very few things. :)
    Ms Bry, I ♥♥♥♥♥ you. Is my game broke? Is Spring time suppose to look like this 3 days into Spring?

06-22-18_8-58-59nbspPM_zpsyhapiawn.png

Or is this just another bug?
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
    @Nectere

Its times like this I wish I used CC, but I dont. Ah well

Mutske has always been trustable and makes gorgeous well thought out things tho, thats for sure!

I'm with ya on this one @Nectere LOVE those side windows, but may game is MOD/CC free.