Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    audrhll wrote: »
    Hello! So, I've probably botched it, somehow :) but I can see it on the community tab, but only if I search with the advanced "include custom content" box checked. Not sure if that is a problem for posting when it comes to the challenges.

Gotcha - the workaround for lots deemed modded by EA has been to share the lot to Facebook or Twitter and get the link that way. For your first challenge entry, I've gone in-game to verify your lot cost. So you're good to go for #BnS96 :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2018
    REMINDER - We've extended the deadline for #BnS96 by 24 hours. Check this countdown clock for more info. We are starting the new challenge on time though...
    Dm5g7dk.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2018
    nrMxwDI.pngf0QDFrV.pngoPsl3Pc.pngf0QDFrV.pngAz4BO1v.pngf0QDFrV.pngqkXexiw.png

ep4TCjw.png

You gave Karl the day off to get ready for one of his boys violin recital, so you aren’t surprised when you hear a soft knock at your door.

You open it to find an elderly man standing there, hat in his hands. “Good afternoon,” he says, a thick accent you can’t quite place but find not at all unpleasant.

“Good afternoon,” you echo, shaking his hand. “Mr…?”

“Ah, Lee. Mr. Lee,” he says.

You welcome him inside and offer some coffee, which he accepts gracefully.

“What can I do for you, Mr. Lee?”

“Well, it’s not for me so much, it’s for my wife. Or, well I suppose for both of us. You see, the Missus - Daisy - she loved her flowers. Her garden was the most important thing in her life.”

“I suspect it was the second most important,” you offer.

He gives a small blush and smile. “That’s kind of you. I’ve never had much of a green thumb, but the flowers remind me of her. You see, I lost her just this winter, and the cemetery… it’s just not the place for her.”

“You want a private mausoleum?” you ask.

“Oh no, nothing like that. She’d complain. Cold never agreed with her, you see. She’d say it was too chilly with all that stone.”

You nod, but you aren’t really sure what he’s asking for then.

“No, what I’d like is a garden. As I said, I’m not good with plants and flowers myself, so I’d like to donate some property to the city, and a small fund for them to keep it up. I’ll sprinkle her ashes on the ground. I just need a place to sit, then I can visit for a while and she can feel at home in the soil and the plants. Maybe if it’s a public garden, people will come and visit she won’t ever be lonely. Even after...”

You suspect he means after he’s gone, too.

“That’s beautiful,” you say. You aren’t holding back tears, just something in your eye is all.

“If you could design a garden for me and my Missus, I’d be much obliged. With plenty of flowers, a place to sit, and… and maybe a pond or fountain or something like that. I find water very soothing.”

“Of course, Mr. Lee. I’d be honoured.”

vPz5U5r.png
    • 12k budget. Mr. Lee is donating the lot, so you do not have to account for the cost in your budget.
    • Build on any 20x15 lot, town is up to you.
    • Design a community garden in any style, but the style should fit well with the surrounding area.
    • Include walking areas, seating, some kind of water, and flowering plants.

BUDGET: §12, 000 or less.

SIM CHALLENGE: Create Mr. Lee and his wife, Daisy. (Daisy must be a ghost.)

ROOM CHALLENGE: N/A for this challenge

3gHHX7s.png

Please use the whole of hashtag #BnS97 when you upload your creations, any build, room or household without this hashtag will not be judged.
    The deadline for this challenge is 27th June 2018 ** [no later than 23:59:59 EDT/New York Time]
    5ZgkRIL.png
    Dm5g7dk.png

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    Quick question @BuildnShare . It says:

12k budget. Mr. Lee is donating the lot, so you do not have to account for the cost in your budget.

But also:

BUDGET: §12, 000 or less (lot cost + building cost).

Which one is right?
  • audrhllaudrhll Posts: 22 Member
    edited June 2018
    Thank you for the assistance- looks like for my future challenges I'll either have to bite the bullet and update my facebook account, or cut myself off from using mods! :)
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Shouldn't have read this tonight, now I'm busy thinking of ideas when I should be getting ready for bed! It's all your fault, @BuildnShare . :)
    image.png
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    Quick question @BuildnShare . It says:

12k budget. Mr. Lee is donating the lot, so you do not have to account for the cost in your budget.

But also:

BUDGET: §12, 000 or less (lot cost + building cost).

Which one is right?
    Apologies @Talea12345 - Mr Lee is donating the lot, so please do not worry about the lot cost, have updated the OP.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Shouldn't have read this tonight, now I'm busy thinking of ideas when I should be getting ready for bed! It's all your fault, @BuildnShare . :)

@TresaofPern - #sorrynotsorry
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • MagsTheMagpieMagsTheMagpie Posts: 8 New Member
    > @BuildnShare said:
    > Welcome to BuildnShare, @MagsTheMagpie ! I've added your lot link below. We will need a media slideshow as that is how we judge builds (there are so many EPs, SPs and GPs, and we can't require all our judges to have all of them). As @Zayven said, If you'll post a link to your slideshow with spaces or slashes you can get around the post count restriction for now. We can remove the extra spaces to view the media. Let us know if you need any help :)
    >
    > For example: https : //imgur . com / a / UALshwR
    >
    > MagsTheMagpie wrote: »
    >
    > BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    > CHALLENGE #96: A Truth Universally Acknowledged
    >
    > (I really hope that you guys don't hate me for this, because this is my first ever post on this forum and I can't post pictures or links or anything. So... I'm so sorry!)
    >
    > FORUM ID: MagsTheMagpie
    > ORIGIN ID: magsthemagpie
    > LEVEL: Starting Out
    > LOT: It's "Pleske House" under magsthemagpie

Again, super sorry, but I'm a Brit and passed out last night when I finally managed to figure out how to post things on here, ha. If I'm far too late, please ignore this and I'm sorry for wasting your time!

The image link is here: https: //imgur . com / a / 5sNjoy6

Bless you guys for doing things like this.

And thanks so much both @Cebu3cool and @Zayven! You're both really kind!
  • ZayvenZayven Posts: 67 Member
    @MagsTheMagpie Of course! Welcome to BnS!
    edited June 2018
    Nothing to see here...

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited June 2018
    @MagsTheMagpie - I've made your links live sweetie!! You may want to flesh out your pictures, as we do not download the homes to judge, we rely solely on the media you provide to us! You still have until midnight EST tonight (6am tomorrow UTC+1) to add more shots. From what we can see, the home you have created for Jane looks amazing!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    I can't believe that I managed to screw up the quotes, wow, ha. I'll have a bit more time later to get some more pictures together, which is just amazing of you, thank you, @BuildnShare - I'll add another reply with that later!

And thanks again @Zayven - I really hope to become part of the community!
    I can't believe that I managed to screw up the quotes, wow, ha. I'll have a bit more time later to get some more pictures together, which is just amazing of you, thank you, @BuildnShare - I'll add another reply with that later!

And thanks again @Zayven - I really hope to become part of the community!

@MagsTheMagpie - there's no need to let us know, just add them to your imgur thread, so that the judges can see them when they come to look at your build!
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Ha, I promise to get a handle on the forum thing, thanks for being so patient, and I'll definitely do that later!
    It's no problems @MagsTheMagpie, we all started at the beginning at some point!!

GArBA5W.jpg
    A QUICK HEADS UP

We noticed that we got the lot size wrong in the OP, it should have read any 20x15 lot (and now does). Hope this doesn't cause anyone any issues, if you have already started, just let us know and you won't be marked down for using a 20x20.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    > @BuildnShare said:
    > Welcome to BuildnShare, @MagsTheMagpie ! I've added your lot link below. We will need a media slideshow as that is how we judge builds (there are so many EPs, SPs and GPs, and we can't require all our judges to have all of them). As @Zayven said, If you'll post a link to your slideshow with spaces or slashes you can get around the post count restriction for now. We can remove the extra spaces to view the media. Let us know if you need any help :)
    >
    > For example: https : //imgur . com / a / UALshwR
    >
    > MagsTheMagpie wrote: »
    >
    > BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    > CHALLENGE #96: A Truth Universally Acknowledged
    >
    > (I really hope that you guys don't hate me for this, because this is my first ever post on this forum and I can't post pictures or links or anything. So... I'm so sorry!)
    >
    > FORUM ID: MagsTheMagpie
    > ORIGIN ID: magsthemagpie
    > LEVEL: Starting Out
    > LOT: It's "Pleske House" under magsthemagpie
    > LOT COST: §3,000
    > LOT NAME: Tail's End
    > BUILD COST: §469,133
    > TOTAL COST: §472,133
    > LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:

UPDATED!
    https: // imgur . com / a / V66vSFY

> ENTRY DETAILS: This is my first ever entry to any kind of real building challenge, and I had a lot of fun with it. Okay, so the Jane Austen fan-woman wanted six bedrooms and there's seven, but it came under budget and that's all that matters. I'm pretty proud of the faux-four-poster bed as well as the basement kitchen and larder. The maze is easy but adds a little extra class, and the kitchen garden is ready to go.
    > CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, thanks!
    > CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    > TWITTER TAG: N/A
    > FACEBOOK PROFILE: N/A
    > TUMBLR LINK: My username is "jewishmagpie"
    > SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Again, I'm really sorry about this!)

You know what I've learned? Not to upload images to imgur after 1am, because you'll be convinced that you made an account to save images for later just in case, and when you return to add images to the original album, you'll find that you can't do anything with it. So unfortunately, I've had to reupload the original images to a new album that I can actually control and then add more images to them.

I swear to G-d when I submit my next entry, it'll be seamless and I won't keep bothering you guys, ha. But now I'm done with this thing, so again, thank you all so much!
  • Momma_JibiMomma_Jibi Posts: 42 Member
    edited June 2018
    FORUM ID: Momma_JiBi
    ORIGIN ID: MommaJiBi
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Daisy's Garden Oasis
    LOT COST: $1,500
    LOT NAME: Comfy Cubby
    BUILD COST: $12,000
    TOTAL COST: $13,500
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Ud2Gjrx
    GALLERY LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/7A0DBA75700511E88873DD7B85E7E8FA
    ENTRY DETAILS: This is my first BnS Challenge entry, and I think I did okay and entered everything correctly, I hope. The client asked for a garden for his late wife, Daisy with a budget of $12,000. I have added some nice planters, flowers, a seating/eating area, a chess area, yoga and basketball court. I think this would make a wonderful place to come and relax while also growing food for your community! It could bring everyone together for block parties and I see parties of all kinds being held here.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A
    TWITTER TAG: @momma_jibi
    PICS:
    1vqqJVX.jpg
    S4jwzvq.jpg
    @MagsTheMagpie - you're fine honey!! I've re-linked your imgur slideshow.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @Momma_Jibi - welcome to BuildnShare!! Your entry is spot on, other than missing an upload link to the lot on the gallery.
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Momma_JibiMomma_Jibi Posts: 42 Member
    @Momma_Jibi - welcome to BuildnShare!! Your entry is spot on, other than missing an upload link to the lot on the gallery.

Oh thank you! I'll edit that right now.
    Momma_Jibi wrote: »

Oh thank you! I'll edit that right now.

No worries!!

GArBA5W.jpg
  • Talea12345Talea12345 Posts: 132 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    > CHALLENGE #97: A Garden for Daisy

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A3901E6C700311E88437FE6C72E71899?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Garden&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Daisy's Garden
    TOTAL COST: 11,990 simoleons

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: imgur.com/a/xkhG0AZ
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided to go for Salvadora, because I love all the different plants we are able to use there. Did not think about how expensive some of them are :neutral: Over 500 for a tree and betwen 100 and 200 for flowers adds up really really quick. I could have easily spend double the amount.... still, the challenge of archieving a 'jungle feel' on this small a budget was fun. Hope you enjoy!
    Mr. Lee first came to Selvadora as part of an archaeology expedition almost 50 years ago. On this trip he met the love of his live Daisy and never left. To celebrate their wedding, he bought the old lot, where the digs - which brought him to this little town - took place. Over the years it became a wild place and a favourite picknick spot for Mr. Lee and his love. Now that Daisy is gone, he wants the whole community to be able to visit. The entrance archways and the seating area are part of the old temple, which Mr. Lee discovered on his first dig in this space, so it was important to him to preserve both. Daisy especially loved Bromeliad Plants, so Mr. Lee asked that they were planted at the bottom of as many trees as possible -> in a few years they will cover the trunks, just like Daisy loved them. To remind him of his home town (Takashima), which is situated on Lake Biwa, ponds on different levels were added to this garden.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    42800523521_01aab0101f_h.jpg
    42750995042_6c2514e070_h.jpg
    Talea12345 wrote: »
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    > CHALLENGE #97: A Garden for Daisy

FORUM ID: Talea12345
    ORIGIN ID: ATalea1230

LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A3901E6C700311E88437FE6C72E71899?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=Garden&max=50&maxis=false
    LOT NAME: Daisy's Garden
    TOTAL COST: 11,990 simoleons

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/xkhG0AZ
    ENTRY DETAILS: I decided to go for Salvadora, because I love all the different plants we are able to use there. Did not think about how expensive some of them are :neutral: Over 500 for a tree and betwen 100 and 200 for flowers adds up really really quick. I could have easily spend double the amount.... still, the challenge of archieving a 'jungle feel' on this small a budget was fun. Hope you enjoy!
    Mr. Lee first came to Selvadora as part of an archaeology expedition almost 50 years ago. On this trip he met the love of his live Daisy and never left. To celebrate their wedding, he bought the old lot, where the digs - which brought him to this little town - took place. Over the years it became a wild place and a favourite picknick spot for Mr. Lee and his love. Now that Daisy is gone, he wants the whole community to be able to visit. The entrance archways and the seating area are part of the old temple, which Mr. Lee discovered on his first dig in this space, so it was important to him to preserve both. Daisy especially loved Bromeliad Plants, so Mr. Lee asked that they were planted at the bottom of as many trees as possible -> in a few years they will cover the trunks, just like Daisy loved them. To remind him of his home town (Takashima), which is situated on Lake Biwa, ponds on different levels were added to this garden.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none

FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:

SPACE FOR PICTURES: So many pictures to share! I hope these two give a feel for the build
    42800523521_01aab0101f_h.jpg
    42750995042_6c2514e070_h.jpg

GArBA5W.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top