Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited June 2018
    Anmirla wrote: »
    See, I thought the other tweet about the possible # of weeks might be implying 1, 2, 3 or 4 weeks (that 1, 2, or 4 could be a joke), but is this a confirmation that 3 weeks is not possible? Now I'm confused...
    Yeah good question. Don't mind 4 either, personally. I admit I wish we could just set the length of each individual season, not all of them combined, but I don't think that will happen xD Might be wrong though.

Thanks, @SimTrippy ! I haven't added the weeks one because it was soooo confusing. Re. the Botanist career, we were told earlier that it's not "active" like the GTW careers but it is like the careers in CL. So you and I might think of it as active, but it's not official terminology :)

Think it was a typo? Cause I'm still wondering about that :joy:
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    oh no, 'active' careers are the three in get to work, detective, doctor, scientist. where you *have* to follow them to work to get all the aspects of their career done. then city living came along and introduced the 'partially active' careers where you can send them to rabbit holes or work from home, as you saw fit. critic, politician, social media all have rabbit hole options or get a checklist of things to do daily if you pick to have them work from home. the gardener career is like the the city living set instead of the get to work set
  • hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I've been wondering about the thermostat; if we don't put it in a house, what happens to the indoor temperature?
    Maybe it's like laundry baskets and will only affect your household if you place the object.

Speaking of laundry, what are we supposed to do about clotheslines in the rain/snow?

I built my sims a little root cellar (for the bugs they collect and I use the pepper clutter as if they have canned goods down there)

I added a drain on the ground and a sink inside and plan on moving the wash bucket and clothesline down there during the winter.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Anmirla wrote: »
    See, I thought the other tweet about the possible # of weeks might be implying 1, 2, 3 or 4 weeks (that 1, 2, or 4 could be a joke), but is this a confirmation that 3 weeks is not possible? Now I'm confused...
    Yeah good question. Don't mind 4 either, personally. I admit I wish we could just set the length of each individual season, not all of them combined, but I don't think that will happen xD Might be wrong though.

Just to clear up any confusion, could someone ask if we can make seasons 3 weeks long please?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member

I was hoping for three months per season... Oh well, I guess I'm gonna have to go with two.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Do you have this? I don't know, maybe everyone else already knew, but I thought it was 1,2, or 3 weeks and not 4, so it was kinda new to me :joy:

And this (guess only gardening is a career then?)

So the live stream is tomorrow, June 14??
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    Do you have this? I don't know, maybe everyone else already knew, but I thought it was 1,2, or 3 weeks and not 4, so it was kinda new to me :joy:

No, it’s the 15th. George made an error, he says so in the thread as well.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    Thanks@lrdiwen, l missed that.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Thanks@lrdiwen, l missed that.

You’re welcome :)
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
    Irdiwen wrote: »

No, it’s the 15th. George made an error, he says so in the thread as well.

Hmmm maybe today, typing numbers isn't his thing. Which raises even more doubts about the whole 4 instead of 3 week-long seasons :D
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Thank you for all the potential solutions, gonna use them all when I get the game in my hands :blush:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    hmae123 wrote: »
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I've been wondering about the thermostat; if we don't put it in a house, what happens to the indoor temperature?
    Maybe it's like laundry baskets and will only affect your household if you place the object.

Speaking of laundry, what are we supposed to do about clotheslines in the rain/snow?

I built my sims a little root cellar (for the bugs they collect and I use the pepper clutter as if they have canned goods down there)

I added a drain on the ground and a sink inside and plan on moving the wash bucket and clothesline down there during the winter.

I tried to put a clothesline in a basement, but it didn't work, even after I deleted the floor and left only dirt.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I've been out in the park with my dog in the snow at midnight and it was like daylight under the full moon. Not dark at all and extremely beautiful. I could see for miles (It's in Scotland) and felt perfectly safe. I had to keep my dog on a long lead as he loved it and wanted to go and "admire" the snowmen. I hope EA/Maxis realise this in their lighting effects.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Why can't EA call the Holidays what they are in real life like Christmas and Thanksgiving. I know not everyone celebrates Christmas but most people do celebrate Thanksgiving.
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    Why can't EA call the Holidays what they are in real life like Christmas and Thanksgiving. I know not everyone celebrates Christmas but most people do celebrate Thanksgiving.

Here in my country most people celebrate Christmas but almost no one celebrates Thanksgiving (I don't either).
  • HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    edited June 2018
    Amiutza wrote: »
    Pretty sure more people celebrate Christmas than Thanksgiving.

According to Wikipedia, 16 countries in the world celebrate thanksgiving. Out of 193.

Edit: quoted the wrong post :no_mouth:
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Hey, all! Just going to nudge discussion elsewhere. It's been a while since actual new info, and we probably have more tomorrow and definitely Friday. (Hoping someone reports here on things SimGurus say during the livestream! I won't be there.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited June 2018

True. In the UK thanksgiving's a complete non-event.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited June 2018

No Thanksgiving in Europe.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    Hey, all! Just going to nudge discussion elsewhere. It's been a while since actual new info, and we probably have more tomorrow and definitely Friday. (Hoping someone reports here on things SimGurus say during the livestream! I won't be there.)

Just reposting @luthienrising suggestion to keep the thread on topic. Maybe someone could start a thread about holidays celebrated.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top