Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update to Sims 3 on Origin + CAW

13...Next

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2017
    iheartbige wrote: »
    I am having a huge issue trying to log into thesims3.com while in game. I use the same credentials that I use for the website. I have already contacted EA and their solution did not work. Please help!!I want to use my in game perks and I can't :(
    I don't know what EA suggested, but usually the solutions in order are:

1 - Clear your Internet Explorer cache and cookies, being sure to disallow saving cookies for Favorites. Even if you never use the IE browser yourself and have never touched Favorites, the game does and these things get junked up over time. See illustration below.
    https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=15141

2 - Wait to see if you can log in at a later time. Often these issues are the fault of a server on EA's end.

3 - Use the website to change your password.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • mineral1mineral1 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello! Depite the fact that i'm a 2 year old user i still can't post a thread. I need an advice. I would like to download sims and things like that from exchange to make my neighboorhood more lively, but is there a program or some sort i can use to detect costum content?

The person who answer this would really make my day a lot. I had to intrude on this thread because of the strict rules when it comes to makes my own thread :<
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited October 2017
    @igazor Something odd happenned... My The Sims 3 settings got messed up again, but now, when I load a game, it gets a total reset and sometimes it even randomly crashes when loading, even loading games that are just a couple simdays old... It started right after last Origin update and so far I've seen it happening on 3 different computers. This week, when I ran it it on two of my computers, I thought I might have been at fault somehow. But tonight I also got the same issue on another computer which I barely use. (At some point in Septembre, I visited my mom and I tried installing the game and running it on her new laptop. Performance were average, which I found surprising given her laptop's builtin GPU. So, tonight when I paid her a visit, I tried running it again, and when I launched the game after Origin updated itself, I got the same issues.) Worst part is, I litteraly haven't done anything since last Origin update, neither on my home computers nor hers.

So, is it possible Origin's update tampered with the game? Or, less likely, that they made some TS3 changes at the same time they ran the TS4 patchday? Or, even less likely, they made a micro stealth update for obscure reasons? It sounds obvious to me that some change was made, at least on the server's side, especially since I'm also getting the non-working script error message again in the launcher, which I hadn't seen in months (litterally), and that many other simmers had/still have login issues either on the website or through the online features.
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    edited October 2017
    Lexers615 wrote: »
    @igazor Something odd happenned... My The Sims 3 settings got messed up again, but now, when I load a game, it gets a total reset and sometimes it even randomly crashes when loading, even loading games that are just a couple simdays old... It started right after last Origin update and so far I've seen it happening on 3 different computers. This week, when I ran it it on two of my computers, I thought I might have been at fault somehow. But tonight I also got the same issue on another computer which I barely use. (At some point in Septembre, I visited my mom and I tried installing the game and running it on her new laptop. Performance were average, which I found surprising given her laptop's builtin GPU. So, tonight when I paid her a visit, I tried running it again, and when I launched the game after Origin updated itself, I got the same issues.) Worst part is, I litteraly haven't done anything since last Origin update, neither on my home computers nor hers.

So, is it possible Origin's update tampered with the game? Or, less likely, that they made some TS3 changes at the same time they ran the TS4 patchday? Or, even less likely, they made a micro stealth update for obscure reasons? It sounds obvious to me that some change was made, at least on the server's side, especially since I'm also getting the non-working script error message again in the launcher, which I hadn't seen in months (litterally), and that many other simmers had/still have login issues either on the website or through the online features.
    The Launcher script errors are due to an EA side web server glitch. Many of us have seen these on and off for years whether we have Origin or not, they are harmless provided that the player can get past them by clicking on Yes, No, or "X" to close the script error window. The current one is about the Facebook tie-in to the Launcher screen but nothing more. In the past the errors have been about the Deal of the Day and What's New updating themselves on the Launcher tab. These have nothing to do with Origin or the game itself and nothing to do with anything on your computer(s), again it's all a web server fault on the EA side.

It seems perfectly reasonable that an Origin update might be triggering your other issues. The Origin/TS3 combo is unstable and they release Orign updates constantly that manage to do these things, then the next update fixes it again. If you have avoided these kinds of problems for a very long time, I would say that you have been fortunate. I can't verify any of these things on my end currently because I switched over to a Steam 1.67 install over the summer and am happily staying with it, so have to rely on what other players report.

I'm sorry, but the further theories about game file tampering, stealth game updates, and sneaky patches, although they may be tempting to think about, are unfounded at this time. If the game's patch level has changed for players in any way, we would be one of the first to know about it because we host and support one of the few TS3 Core Mods out there (ErrorTrap in particular) that would immediately cause the game to begin complaining about mismatched internal build numbers on the 1.69 patch. We haven't had any such reports, at least not since Jan 2016 when for a short while there really were different "versions" of 1.69 being pushed out. Of course not everyone has ErrorTrap to begin with, but users of the other Core Mods made compatible with 1.69 would experience the same and I'm not seeing that either -- CmarNYC's XCAS, one of Consort's mods, and AwesomeMod are the others that would be so affected.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Lexers615 wrote: »

The Launcher script errors are due to an EA side web server glitch. Many of us have seen these on and off for years whether we have Origin or not, they are harmless provided that the player can get past them by clicking on Yes, No, or "X" to close the script error window. The current one is about the Facebook tie-in to the Launcher screen but nothing more. In the past the errors have been about the Deal of the Day and What's New updating themselves on the Launcher tab. These have nothing to do with Origin or the game itself and nothing to do with anything on your computer(s), again it's all a web server fault on the EA side.

I am perfectly willing to accept that an Origin update is triggering your other issues. The Origin/TS3 combo is unstable and they release Orign updates constantly that manage to do these things, then the next update fixes it again. If you have avoided these kinds of problems for a very long time, I would say that you have been fortunate. I can't verify any of these things on my end currently because I switched over to a Steam 1.67 install over the summer and am happily staying with it, so have to rely on what other players report.

I'm sorry, but the further theories about game file tampering, stealth game updates, and sneaky patches, although they may be tempting to think about, are unfounded at this time. If the game's patch level has changed for players in any way, we would be one of the first to know about it because we host and support one of the few TS3 Core Mods out there (ErrorTrap in particular) that would immediately cause the game to begin complaining about mismatched internal build numbers on the 1.69 patch. We haven't had any such reports, at least not since Jan 2016 when for a short while there really were different "versions" of 1.69 being pushed out. Of course, not everyone has ErrorTrap to begin with, but users of the other Core Mods made compatible with 1.69 would experience the same and I'm not seeing that either -- CmarNYC's XCAS, one of Consort's mods, and AwesomeMod are the others that would be so affected.

Thanks for your time! I completely forgot the core mods thing... This said, at least you're confirming I'm not totally "Insane"... Should I get enough "me" time, I would reinstall it, non Origin... But I figure it could mean more or less two full days and I don't have this much time at hand right now...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Bammers18Bammers18 Posts: 1 New Member
    So my husband got me a digital copy of sims 3 and pets. well i went out and got the cd for sims supernatural. I went to install it and it says i need to install the sims 3.... what should i do??? i have it downloaded and have been playing it.
    Bammers18 wrote: »
    So my husband got me a digital copy of sims 3 and pets. well i went out and got the cd for sims supernatural. I went to install it and it says i need to install the sims 3.... what should i do??? i have it downloaded and have been playing it.
    By digital copy you mean that your game is run though Origin?

If the CD was an unused official copy, meaning you are its first owner, then you can use the code that comes along with it to register the game on the TS3 site. If you are using the same credentials on both the TS3 site and Origin, that should tell Origin that you own the EP and allow you to install the digital version of Supernatural instead.

If the CD was used or for whatever reason cannot be registered, then it cannot be used to install into an Origin managed game.

Or did you mean something else by digital copies like Steam or some other source/way to run the game?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Qwertyfish01Qwertyfish01 Posts: 2 New Member
    I cannot post to the forums directly. There is no post button and after research I don't have enough 'points' to post a question to the forums, so I'll post it in a comment.

For some reason The Sims 3 performs horribly with really good hardware. GTX 1070, i5-4430, 16gb of ram. The camera stutters, the gameplay is not smooth at all, and I don't know what to do. Any help?
    edited March 2018
    I cannot post to the forums directly. There is no post button and after research I don't have enough 'points' to post a question to the forums, so I'll post it in a comment.

For some reason The Sims 3 performs horribly with really good hardware. GTX 1070, i5-4430, 16gb of ram. The camera stutters, the gameplay is not smooth at all, and I don't know what to do. Any help?
    We can help you with that, but not on this thread. We have one set up for New Members who can post but not start their own threads right here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest

There is a similar one set up for TS4 players on that side of the forum.

The really quick version though is that a GTX 1070 will be so powerful that it tends to run away with frame rates to the point where the game performs badly, lags, crashes, and can ultimately burn out the card and damage the system board. Unlike more modern games, TS3 does not have a built in fps limiter. The Nivida Control Panel needs to be used to set up vertical sync and force fps capping. For some, especially those playing in windowed mode, an additional tool such as Nvidia Inspector is also required. We can provide more guidance on the Tech thread if needed.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Qwertyfish01Qwertyfish01 Posts: 2 New Member
    Oh, just that actually really helped! It still stutters a little, but it runs at 60 fps at all times with absolutely maximum settings.
    edited March 2018
    Oh, just that actually really helped! It still stutters a little, but it runs at 60 fps at all times with absolutely maximum settings.
    Good! There will always be some game camera stutter especially if running at the higher game speeds or when swinging the camera around quickly and constantly zooming in and out with the more powerful cards. Some of this came about when the last of the patches were released, some of it is just how a 2008-09 designed game engine runs on more modern hardware unfortunately. Keeping the number of lots to display details in Game Options down to 2 or 3 might help with that a bit and maybe the water/mirrors option not on the highest quality setting as that one can be brutal on performance as well.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • RhiPhilsRhiPhils Posts: 1 New Member
    :s help! just purchased barnicle bay and its not showing as a world to run in the menu???? ive downloaded it but it downloads as an item not a world???
    RhiPhils wrote: »
    :s help! just purchased barnicle bay and its not showing as a world to run in the menu???? ive downloaded it but it downloads as an item not a world???
    EA Store worlds download as such into the game's Downloads folder and then need to be installed by way of the Launcher. Is that the step that is missing?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top