Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now that we have Seasons and Pets, I hope that the future holds a farming pack for us!

Obviously I know that it is far too soon to speculating on future packs or talking about what we want next but I just really love the idea of a farming based pack.

I'd love for it to be as big as an expansion but I imagine if it ever came to be, it'd be a game pack.

With the inclusion of pets and now seasons, a farm pack would be so perfect to include!

Full scale gardens! New crops! Stables and pig pens and chicken coops, goats!, cows!, and a ton of other animals. (obviously not included in the sim count for your family.) I imagine they'd have to be linked to their buildings, sort of how babies are.

Maybe they could introduce farmer's markets to sell your products and your wares! (side note: a pottery skill would be so cool!)

Any other farming types features that could be included?

Comments

• RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I would like that. I hope to see a supernatural GP like witches this fall
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    I would love that. I’d be more than happy with “object” farm animals with a few interactions. As long as eggs for example go into my sims inventory and it keeps them doing busy work so it actually feels like a farm/ranch, I’d be extatic.
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
  • lotarylotary Posts: 111 Member
    edited May 2018
    I know it sounds unrelated to farming but I hope they bring knitting to the pack as a Skill. That way your Sims can knit yarns which produced from wools. Wools can be obtained by shaving sheep.

Also a machine/tool to make cheese and butter from milk you get from the cows.

And if you have Cats and Dogs, you can train your dog to be a herding dog.

EDIT: And don't forget some new recipes
    Origin ID: lotary00
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If we get sheep in a Farm Pack then knitting and maybe weaving could be added. Then have in the large central area of the farming world a Country Fair where Sims can sell their crafts or have things judged for prizes.

It's been confirmed we'll have more harvestables and new recipes in Seasons, so maybe a Farming Pack could focus in farm animals and maybe some of the "off the grid" features that were suggested in the Community Pack survey -- solar panels, wind turbines and such. Maybe a compost bin or a drip irrigation system that would save water over the sprinklers.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • zombiesuezombiesue Posts: 148 Member
    If there is a farming pack, it better have guinea fowl.
  • JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
    zombiesue wrote: »
    If there is a farming pack, it better have guinea fowl.

that is oddly specific.
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I'll pay anything for a live stock farming pack! ( I truly lost count how many times I've said that :p ) what everybody wants here is what I want too.

The Sims Game
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    edited May 2018
    Plllllluuuuuuuuuum yeahhhhhhh!!

Ah I'd really love a Farm EP. It would just be such an awesome pack to have. Farm games are very popular so it would probably be very profitable for the company, bc what farm game could possibly top a sims one with total freedom?

Btw, I think it would be too big for a GP, especially when you consider that a big rural world would be needed, as well as new animals etc.

It would actually be cool if we have multi-purpose llamas that give milk and wool. I can't see TS4 giving the option to butcher animals for meat, so we won't have pigs and such that can only give meat. We'd obviously get chickens for eggs. So maybe llamas, chickens, horses and rabbits/rats as pests that nibble on crops.
    Anyway, wouldn't it be so awesome to finally have real llamas in the sims?? :blush:

Edit: add cows as well bc a farm wouldn't feel like a farm without them. Still add the llamas for wool, and maybe also milk if we can have two types of milk, as well as a two-in-one animal for sims that can't afford a lot of livestock.
    Post edited by Louise_G0325 on
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 226 Member
    I would DIE over a farming expansion. I own all of the sims 3 farm store items and still play them regularly. I live in the Midwest (which I love) and although it's great to see the worlds inspired by the East Coast, etc, I would love for a farming world inspired by someplace like Indiana!

Firstly, I would WANT the animals to be an object linked to their housing because I I know otherwise there would be less content and I wouldnt want them taking up too much household slots. Though it would be great if, for example, you could buy a pig pen and have up to x amount of pigs housed in it. (maybe its 100 simoleans per animal or something)
    Although pigs are my favorite animals, I doubt they would implement them because you would have to butcher them for meat. Although there could be something silly (because that's what The Sims often does) and the interaction could be "Tickle for a piece of bacon" or something. It would also be cute if there was an interaction where pigs splashed mud on nearby sims (or even cats who could hiss at the pig) and the sims would have to take a shower to wash off.
    I think bare minimum chickens and cows should exist. I liked how you could feed the cows differently in sims 3 and get chocolate milk for example. The rare eggs were great too because they were a good way to sell off and make some extra simoleons.
    Rather than sheep, I would love Llamas to be implemented for wool since the sims series has a silly history with llamas. Knitting would be a great hobby too. I know they want to improve life stages and I would love an elderly couple where the husband goes and collects wool for his wife to knit him itchy sweaters!
    Goats could be fun too, though it *might* be redundant since they offer milk as cows do.

More crops would be a must, but it would be a great time to introduce canning and composting. Once the compost is full, then it could be used to fertilize plants. Canning could be some sort of skill (even just a hidden skill) where when you use the food, at first the food wouldnt taste good, but then later it would.

A food stand that you could put in your inventory would be great to create farmers markets. (I feel this would also be a pretty big necessity to being a proper small farm!) It would be a much better way to sell off crops and cheeses than just selling from your inventory.

Ultimately, this is just scratching the surface on what a farming EP could be. Although I would be fine with a GP, I think there is so much content that an EP would be more appropriate.
    There are a lot of things I want from the Sims series, but this is the first time I have ever commented because I play 2, 3, and 4 and what I cant get from one generation I can get from another. I have really begun to enjoy the Sims 4, and now that Seasons is set to release, this Farming and Witches are my only true wants. (Though I get excited for and will buy all other new content, too!)
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I'm honestly not that into farming but I'd get the pack just for horses, cows, and goats.
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Love the ideas mentioned here, I would be so into this! It would be neat to have farm animals, esp goats and llamas/alpacas. New recipes, hobbies, and crafting would be awesome as well.
    I would love to see more crops, but it would be nice to see the plants and trees redesigned to look more like the actual things (ie. There are maybe 15 flower/fruit plants in the game all plopped on the same 3-4 plant designs.) It's probably too late now to redesign them, but how wonderful would it be if each was designed to look like the real thing?
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited May 2018

Ah I'd really love a Farm EP. It would just be such an awesome pack to have. Farm games are very popular so it would probably be very profitable for the company, bc what farm game could possibly top a sims one with total freedom?

Btw, I think it would be too big for a GP, especially when you consider that a big rural world would be needed, as well as new animals etc.

It would actually be cool if we have multi-purpose llamas that give milk and wool. I can't see TS4 giving the option to butcher animals for meat, so we won't have pigs and such that can only give meat. We'd obviously get chickens for eggs. So maybe llamas, chickens, horses and rabbits/rats as pests that nibble on crops.
    Anyway, wouldn't it be so awesome to finally have real llamas in the sims?? I'd take that over a cow any day :blush:

to be honest I would like a real animal over llamas :#

a farm needs at the very least.

cow/goat
    pig
    chick
    horse
    sheep
    rabbit
    duck
    bees

some larger ponds,tractor and new stuff to grow to.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Am I seriously the only one who doesn't get excited about farming at all?
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    I'm hoping for this, too. I actually just posted a comment in another thread about this exact topic. I would love to see a farming pack combined with an off the grid pack, with canning, knitting, churning butter, rain barrels, solar panels, chicken coops, etc. With the popularity of the farmhouse style in architecture and decor now, the building items could be amazing, too.
  • nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    Am I seriously the only one who doesn't get excited about farming at all?
    not just you lol I have zero interest
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    This is one of my big hopes for this series. I want harvests that make sense for a pack like this also .. especially corn and or wheat. I want chickens and other types of farm animals. Canning and maybe other processes like a butterchurn (prob to old fashioned though). I don't really want horses to be in this pack though but if that's the way it comes so be it.
    There is an area you can see from Brindleton Bay that makes me think we will get this one day. There are also those little cabbage gardens in Jungle Adventures that look like farming on a smaller scale.. kind of. I agree too farm simulators are very popular. I can see them tapping into that in a big way.
    egTcBMc.png
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I'd love some sort of countryside/farming game pack. Hopefully, it'll come with a new world, new crops, new recipes and such. Bonus points for square dancing. :p
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    I'd love some sort of countryside/farming game pack. Hopefully, it'll come with a new world, new crops, new recipes and such. Bonus points for square dancing. :p

gonna be a small world if in a game pack :#

needs animal to
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I really want horses!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

Anyway, wouldn't it be so awesome to finally have real llamas in the sims?? I'd take that over a cow any day :blush:

to be honest I would like a real animal over llamas :#

a farm needs at the very least.

cow/goat
    pig
    chick
    horse
    sheep
    rabbit
    duck
    bees

some larger ponds,tractor and new stuff to grow to.

I totally agree, those would be great animals to have. Imagine a little duck pond!

Also, llamas are real animals so they'd actually be a great addition!
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I could definitely see this being a game pack.

I'm all for more chores, responsibility, and challenge in The Sims. Judging by the fact Laundry Day has and continues to be insanely successful as a pack, I think it's clear a lot of other Simmers feel the same way!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Now that Seasons is expanding gardening even more if we ever get a Farm Life pack I hope it leans more towards the live stock aspect with animals like cows goats chickens pigs and sheep and unlike the uncontrollable cats and dogs they need not take up a family slot.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Firstly, it's never too soon to be talking about what you want in future packs, The FARM pack discussion has been around almost from the start of this version.

Secondly, I don't see how it can be done and be done well unless it's an EP. IMO there is so much that would need to be in a farm pack, like new crops to grow, tend and harvest, animals to care for (and I want animals that can be used for produce to be used in cooking or crafts. Example: chicken with a coop for eggs), crafting (using crops and animals to be used in crafting like sheep/wool/knitting) and general farm fun like haystack woohoo or Autumn hayrides.

Unfortunately, as much as I like horses, I don't see horses in a farm pack. All the farm animals need to serve a purpose and be more than a family pet. Horses won't really have any use on a farm. Tractors would handle all the work load. IMO, horses should be placed in a different type of pack like a vacation pack or just a horse GP.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Yes, would love this. And if not as an EP they could easily make it a Game pack.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    leetamme wrote: »
    Yes, would love this. And if not as an EP they could easily make it a Game pack.

A GP would be too small. If we got a world it would be small like FH and only enough room for one farm. I want multiple farms. Some with only crops, some with only animals, some with both, some big, some small and a farmers market to sell farm produce at. All of that will not fit into a GP.