Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

**TS3* Build-n-Share Challenge #236 **Empty Nest** **Due 31st March 2021**

Comments

• creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    @ciane Adorable! It reminds me of a tiny fairy tale chapel! :)

@soocoolsim Thank you! I am going to make a modified version on a flat lot since custom placed lots are so hard to recreate to get just the right grade around them. That's the one I'll put on the exchange :)

I had thought about doing a tiny castle instead but the brief specified 'cottage' so maybe I'll make another one just for that!
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @creativemetaphor - great color scheme. I love all the plants and flowers and that rock fence. I also love all the ins and outs you created in your build. It is very appealing. Isn't that shelf in the tub in the way when playing with the rubber ducky, though it looks good!
    edited May 2018
    @ciane Adorable! It reminds me of a tiny fairy tale chapel! :)

I was thinking that it looked like a little chapel too!

Thank you both for your nice comments!
  • aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    @creativemetaphor: GORGEOUS build! I'm blown away! I love how you used the terrain tools here! The landscaping is fantastic! I think the living room is my favorite though <3
  • ElleDaesElleDaes Posts: 72 Member
    @aricarai Thanks! It's the tree grate from the commercial property items. :smile: It looks really nice as a tile and it's free!

The rebuild isn't as good as the original. I had to rush it at the end :neutral: Which meant my pictures were trash. But, thems the breaks. On to the next one!
    edited May 2018
    @aricarai :) Thank you! I've never tried doing a CFE'd foot bridge before and it was a little tricky, especially doing the terrain underneath it, but I am so happy with the result! Hope to see an entry from you again!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    I think I just saw a tumbleweed roll through, lol. How is everyone doing?

Great Fairytale cottages, @ciane & @creativemetaphor !
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    I think I just saw a tumbleweed roll through, lol. How is everyone doing?

Great Fairytale cottages, @ciane & @creativemetaphor !

We are all just busily working away! I'm in the final tweaking stage. I always find mistakes while taking pictures ;)

Nice build @ciane it does sort of look like a chapel! and @creativemetaphor just wow! Love the landscaping work!

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #202 - A Fairy Tale Cottage

NAME: Kgaff

LINK TO LOT: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9216018

LINK TO MEDIA: https://www.flickr.com/photos/154029363@N06/albums/72157666886797657

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: included in above media

LEVEL: intermediate
    LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x20, placed by me on Pinochle Point, 19,997

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS:This is a small fairy tale "inspired" cottage for Louise who love to paint, read, has a childish streak but can be prim and proper when needed.

The decor is part chic, part fantasy and all very comfortable. There is one bedroom, one bath, a large kitchen and combo dining and living room. Outside there is a small covered patio with an easel and hiding around the corner of the house is a water feature. A sitting bench and wishing well are in the front yard.

Some of the pictures show paintings done by Louise after I started playing and testing the lot. They were not included in the price or in the uploaded lot. :)

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes"

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)

42038995302_3d89d00c1d_c.jpg
    She likes it!
    42083841761_017b64cebd_c.jpg
    @Kgaff That's so cute! I love the flower-lined path around the outside, and that elephant! <3
    @kgaff oops missed thd first comment. Thank you :). I usually struggle with landscaping so I am glad it turned out so well!
    LOL!!! I just realized that I left the chimney on the house but I deleted the fireplace for budgetary reasons!! I think I'll leave it on though, it sort of balances the house out from the outside.
    @kgaff :lol: I hadn't noticed that but that's awesome. I love how it looks on the outside, so I'm glad it got left in, even if on accident :)
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @Ciane: What a cute little mini-tower! You're so good at doing tiny builds and making them look nice, I can't help but admire your talents.

@Kgaff: I love that little house! When I saw CM's comment, I thought, "Elephant? What elephant?" So I looked at the pictures again, and sure enough, there was an elephant! :D Have to admit that made me laugh. Where did you get it from? Deco?

@creativemetaphor: I don't remember if I told you before, but I love that little home! But then, your style and mine mesh very well together. You're more advanced than I am (I haven't been practicing and doing the advanced CFE and stuff you've done), but we both like the same things. I don't think you've ever made a build that I haven't liked. Like Ari, I think the living room is my favorite (it's so nice and comfy looking), but the landscaping is gorgeous. My idea of landscaping is to flatten, and that just doesn't look interesting. :)
    @MiaSkywalker :) The landscaping was actually a happy accident of the build design, which I specifically wanted to be built on a hill so the lower floor was half under ground. I also wanted the stairs to wind down the hill from a ground level patio area, so with those ideas in mind while I built, the result was this lovely perfect place to have a little bridge. Originally it was just going to be flat to that patio area and up to the entry porch.
    I know Build-n-Share 201 is over and I know some of you may have seen this already, but I just wanted to give a HUGE thank you to @BuildnShare for the inspiration to take the last challenge a little bit further. I'm in LOVE with this little cottage! <3 Just need to get my tush in gear and get to the interiors now :mrgreen:

42133152311_1c20507624_z.jpg
  • LebannaLebanna Posts: 1,157 Member
    @aricarai That is a wonderful house!!
    Writer for Platinum Simmers

Gallery ID: Annabelli_22
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    Wow @aricarai - that is truly amazing, so glad we could provide you with some inspiration.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Very pretty landscaping @aricarai - simply gorgeous!
    Lebanna wrote: »
    @aricarai That is a wonderful house!!

Thank you so much @Lebanna <3
    Wow @aricarai - that is truly amazing, so glad we could provide you with some inspiration.

I am too! I LOVE these challenges, especially for that reason! I've even got myself a Simming Pinterest! Haha!
    ciane wrote: »
    Very pretty landscaping @aricarai - simply gorgeous!

Thank you so much @ciane :mrgreen:
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    Kgaff wrote: »
    LOL!!! I just realized that I left the chimney on the house but I deleted the fireplace for budgetary reasons!! I think I'll leave it on though, it sort of balances the house out from the outside.

Great cottage. You got so much into it for the budget. It seems very big and roomy. Not cramped at all. The wishing well is a great feature.

I'm glad you mentioned the chimney 'cause I thought it must be some kind of new small fireplace, maybe a hidden one. :)
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM #202 - A Fairy Tale Cottage

NAME: cwaddell

LINK TO LOT: Fairy Tale Cottage on the exchange

LINK TO MEDIA: A Fairy Tale Cottage in cwaddell's build thread

OPTIONAL CHALLENGE: n/a

LEVEL: intermediate

LOT SIZE, ADDRESS & FINAL COST: 20x30 at 18 Maywood Lane in Sunset Valley (next to the Bunch house). Cost $18,742.

LOT DESCRIPTION & DETAILS: This is a small cozy cottage for one person consisting of a sitting room by the fireplace, an eat-in kitchen, bedroom and bath. Although this is a gingerbread cottage that could be hidden in a clearing deep in an ancient forest it fits in very well on this lot in Sunset Valley that borders the Maywood Glen Park. The cupola is a fantasy play on the one on the city hall building seen over the treeline.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: "yes"

CREDIT TO SIMMERS FOR CUSTOM CONTENT USED: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (limit 2)
    rSz9kPf.jpg
    pA9GqwB.jpg
    @cwaddell - I love all the ins and outs to the building and its roof line, as well as all the variety to to the plants. The color scheme and layout is perfect, and I like your wall paper choices too. Really exceptional cottage!

@Kgaff: I love that little house! When I saw CM's comment, I thought, "Elephant? What elephant?" So I looked at the pictures again, and sure enough, there was an elephant! :D Have to admit that made me laugh. Where did you get it from? Deco?

Mia, that little elephant is called Peanuts and it's a Buydebug item. Free and cute at the same time :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top