Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is It Normal For Sims 4 To Use A Lot Of CPU Usage Thanks

My Sims 4 Game All Of A Sudden Started Using 40 - 60 Percent Of My CPU? Is This Normal.........? Thanks So Much

Comments

• SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    Did you add something to the game that could offer some explanation: more packs, more CC, more mods?

Are you running more (background) programs at the same time than you normally would?

Is your computer becoming warmer? Fans making more sound?
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    HI @SimLibby No Not Recently Since This Happened I Didn't Add Anything .......... But I Do Have CC

Running Twitch On Chrome & OBS For Streaming & Sims 4 That's All....... And That's All I Usually Do Run Pretty Much When I Stream And Sims 4 Has Never Used This Much CPU Usage.... Until Yesterday That I Noticed.... Fan Is Tad Warm Always Is...... This Is A New PC

Thanks
    My Game Has NO Lag At All....... But When I Stream My Stream Freezes Or Lags On Twitch.... That Seems Like A Lot Of Usage For Just The Sims 4 Thanks
    PRIOR It's Been Fine......
    edited May 2018
    I'm not sure if this would help with your problem but it's always a good idea to delete localthumbcache.package in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4. This is an junkfile and becomes big quite fast. After every play session I remove it.

No downloads/updates from other programs, Windows, Virus scanner or something running in the background? Maybe NEW programs that run on start-up that do NOT need to run constantly in the background.

What happens when you close the programs you mention normally are running at the same time. Any difference in CPU readings?
    OK Thanks I Will Try That @SimLibby :D:D<3<3
    You're welcome. Good luck.
    edited May 2018
    Well I Think I Figured It Out...... I Had Sims 4 Windowed Not Full Screen And Now The Usage For Sims 4 Is Right At 3 - 6 Percent.....

Q6gR3v7.png

dJwHjmu.png
    I would have never come up with that as the explanation. Now, we know! Thanks for sharing.
    Well Now It's Back Up To 40 - 60 Percent Again Any Ideas...... @SimLibby
    edited May 2018
    I don't know.
    • Look at the processes to see which ones use of a lot of resources? (just do NOT turn anything down if you don't know/understand what is does).
    • Are you playing a save, you haven't played a while before yesterday, that needs to load a lot. For example a building save.
    • Did you change the maximum allowed Sims per save from the default 80 to 150, 200 or unlimited? (game options --> tab gameplay). If so, change it back.
    • Did you turned up the, what's the word, View/Screen settings withing the game settings or did you have them high anyway? Turn them down a bit, or play around with it to see if it differs. EDIT: the word is Graphics. :)
    • According to this topic it's not unusual for games to use 67%, even though it could be odd if it never happened before. Do you experience other problems with TS4 or Windows giving warnings? Because if not, maybe just leave it. Although I probably wouldn't do that myself. Especially on a new pc, I would be more comfortable in knowing/understanding why this is happening.
    • Remove your CC (at least temp.) and give it a try to see if less resources are used.
    • Disable some packs to see it that makes a difference (no experience with this myself).
    • Google your butt off. ;) Maybe it gives you some idea's/suggestions to try.

Source from this quote: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Origin-High-CPU-usage/td-p/5401117
    Start the game, tab out, and then click on Origin (top left corner) and open the application settings. Just leave that window open in the background and tab back to your game. The CPU usage should now drop to a normal level.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    This game is heavy on your CPU. The people who help in tech have been testing this issue for years now. it's the game
    OHHH Ok........... Thank You Both So Much!!!!!!!!
    Your very welcome
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I run an 8 core and it hardly budges my cpu but my cpu run at 4.5 ghz - maybe you need an upgrade. One of the games I am using want 4.9 ghz - figures, right. It seems we just catch up and have to upgrade again. Sims though hardy moves it at all - so I'm good for now. I play this much more anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

You're welcome.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Look like you are using an dual core, the more cores you have it runs the program more efficiently. However, having more cores does not translate into an faster program just more efficient. I tend to agree with Writing Reg you might want to upgrade that CPU as more packs can put stress on the CPU.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    @Goldmoldar They said they just bought a new PC, dual core good chance it might be a laptop that can't be upgraded.
    @Goldmoldar They said they just bought a new PC, dual core good chance it might be a laptop that can't be upgraded.
    The one post I had not read, oops and that is correct if it is an laptop.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Most desktops don't come with dual core accept maybe a very low end desktop. If it is a low end desktop, that could not be upgraded either. Would not be worth it . 40-60 % of the Cpu is not that bad. Some have come in here with 100 % CPU usage

Most desktops don't come with dual core accept maybe a very low end desktop. If it is a low end desktop, that could not be upgraded either. Would not be worth it . 40-60 % of the Cpu is not that bad. Some have come in here with 100 % CPU usage

I agree, Newegg still sell those Dual cores desktops at low prices which they are probably trying to offload. Some customers still buy them and for some who just surf the net or do some productivity work it may work for them but as far as gaming I would stay away and not get fooled by the price, Amazon is another company that sells them.

I agree, Newegg still sell those Dual cores desktops at low prices which they are probably trying to offload. Some customers still buy them and for some who just surf the net or do some productivity work it may work for them but as far as gaming I would stay away and not get fooled by the price, Amazon is another company that sells them.

Bestbuy may sell them also. I haven't checked but I agree stay away from those for gamin unless you just want to run an old game like the sims 2 :p .

Bestbuy may sell them also. I haven't checked but I agree stay away from those for gamin unless you just want to run an old game like the sims 2 :p .

Haha