Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EUROVISION 2018

the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
Disclaimer: Before I start, please don't make this political at all, be kind and considerate towards other people and their views :)<3

With that said, who's excited for the Eurovision Song Contest tonight? If you're watching it, what plans do you have? Which country are you supporting tonight?

#TeamUK

Comments

• Options
    RosalettaRosaletta Posts: 25 Member
    I'm going to watch it with a friend, and I'm excited! :) I'm Norwegian so I guess I'm supporting Norway... except that I don't like our song this year and I'm tired of Rybak already. So I don't really want him to win, lol.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I honestly don't know who I'm supporting... I mean, I'm Finnish so I guess I should be rooting for Finland but meh... I haven't really listened to other countries' songs except for Sweden (because I was bored and watched Melodifestivalen finale) and Norway because my friend sent me the video :''D
  • Options
    I haven't listened to any of the songs yet (not even the UK's) so I have no idea which one's are good and which one's aren't.
  • Options
    naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    i love many songs this year !
    i really hope France win, our song isn't so bad, or Italy, love their song
    i liked greece but i don't think they qualified.
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited May 2018
    22nd Year I've watched it. Good luck to everyone :)
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    I liked Czech Republic the best xD
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
    I don't mean to sound stupid or uneducated or anything like that, but what's eurovision? I've heard about it before but I don't actually know what it is.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,438 Member
    Yay, 4th place for Germany <3
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,438 Member
    KleineMuff wrote: »
    I liked Czech Republic the best xD

I liked them too.
  • Options
    SimLibbySimLibby Posts: 668 Member
    edited May 2018
    @kaitlyn0, The Eurovision Song Contest is the longest-running annual international TV song competition. It has been held, primarily, among the member countries of the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) since 1956. Each participating country submits an original song to be performed on live television and radio and then casts votes for the other countries' songs to determine the competition's winning entry. (source: Wikipedia).

Tbh I never watch Eurovision, I'm not that into it. But every year I hear about it I'am always surprised is has been one year already. Time flies. In my country the Eurovision "madness" starts weeks before the actual contest starts.

In my teens I did had this song I really liked and heard in this contest: Sandra Kim / J'aime la vie. Anybody know here?
  • Options
    AYEEEEE MY BOYS ITALY DID GREAT

• Options
    kaitlyn0kaitlyn0 Posts: 512 Member
  • Options
    You're welcome.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'm avoiding it, cos we failed to send TISM. :(
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member

That was so surprising! But I'm glad we're not in last place anymore xD
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    KleineMuff wrote: »

That was so surprising! But I'm glad we're not in last place anymore xD

Instead it was ...Portugal who were hosting it :D

• Options
    CharliecheesenurgersCharliecheesenurgers Posts: 3,673 Member
    I remember when I moved to America and literally no one heard of Eurovision.
    Come Join our mafia games in the off-topic chat! https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930404/mafia-masterlist#latest
    It's a lot of fun!
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I'm not sure how to feel about Israel's win - I was kinda hoping Austria or The Czech Republic would win, I really liked their songs

Also I feel so sorry for the woman who sang for the UK (because of the man that ran onto the stage and stole her mic) I was also hoping that we'd get a few bitty votes for that :joy:
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @the_greenplumbob I've read (because even though I don't watch Eurovison, I always look up what place The Netherlands ends up, 18th place) she declined the offer by the organization to redo her performance because she was very satisfied by how her performance went (despite of that man).
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    SimLibby wrote: »
    @the_greenplumbob I've read (because even though I don't watch Eurovison, I always look up what place The Netherlands ends up, 18th place) she declined the offer by the organization to redo her performance because she was very satisfied by how her performance went (despite of that man).

Yeah I heard that too, to be honest I think that was the best decision because (like you said) despite of the man, her performance was still really good, also, it wasn’t as if the UK were going to win anyway, so performing twice wouldn’t have made a difference :joy:
  • Options
    Yeah, me too. I think, if any, it would have hurt her chances. Everybody would have looked at her: "That's the women who's redoing it because of that man". More pressure on her to perform and/or maybe live up to certain expectations to perform even better. Of course I'm not sure if she would feel it like that, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if she would. Also, I saw one picture with her expression when the man was on the stage and someone was trying to take him away. I got this sense she was more than capable to handle it: she didn't look shaken up or scared or something.
  • Options
    SimLibby wrote: »
    Yeah, me too. I think, if any, it would have hurt her chances. Everybody would have looked at her: "That's the women who's redoing it because of that man". More pressure on her to perform and/or maybe live up to certain expectations to perform even better. Of course I'm not sure if she would feel it like that, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if she would. Also, I saw one picture with her expression when the man was on the stage and someone was trying to take him away. I got this sense she was more than capable to handle it: she didn't look shaken up or scared or something.

not, apparently she likes to chase.
    even if t's only rainbows.

• Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited June 2018
    I don't watch Eurovision for years because France always have so plum songs , we are so much underrated keeping French and promoting a language that our current President denigrates it all the time speaking English when he's abroad. We should stop to give money for this song contest to make sure we are finalist all the time and should leave it for good letting other countries votes for their political allies. Why did we expect to win the contest using the story of Mercy ? It was too much a delicate subjects and taking advantage of people in distress to make money with is not appropriate. It brings bad kharma.

I knew Israel won the contest this year. I do listen to Hebrew songs sometimes even though I don't speak Hebrew and I am not connected to Judaism. They have awesome songs really <3 so I don't know why Netta won. Even if she's creative I admit. Her song is not at the level of the contest. Some songs were better for sure.
    I only like a lot Fuego from Eleni Foureira from Cyrrus. I listened to it I <3 .

Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)