Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did the 'get leftovers' option disappear or something?

I've repaired my game twice and it just doesn't show up anymore. No mods, no CC. I think it happened after the last patch.

Any idea what the problem can be?

Comments

• Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Do you have leftovers in the fridge for your sims to get? If not, the option won't appear.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Yes, a ton!
  • Options
    tams2578tams2578 Posts: 705 Member
    Have you tried selling your old fridge and getting a new one? Maybe the old fridge is glitched for some reason.
    Zwdtm8.png
  • Options
    tams2578 wrote: »
    Have you tried selling your old fridge and getting a new one? Maybe the old fridge is glitched for some reason.

Yes... still not showing. It's frustrating!
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I saw the option earlier today well technically yesterday but it's been a long day.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I have that option in my game
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I have food in my Sims' fridge and no 'Get Leftovers' option either.
  • Options
    RosalettaRosaletta Posts: 25 Member
    This has been happening to me too lately, but only a few times. When it happened and I opened the fridge and hovered over the meals nothing showed up. So I couldn't see what it was/how much was left/the state of it. But I could still direct my sims to eat it from there.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    I am in game now and by checking I see that the fridge in household has the 'get leftover' option. I haven't noticed it missing but then I don't really like to use it, prefering more to just open the fridge and have the Sims choose from there. I don't like it when 'get leftover' makes my Sims get a breakfast plate for dinner and vise versa.
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Doesn't happen all of the time, but it has happened once or twice.
  • Options
    CaveJohnson82CaveJohnson82 Posts: 34 Member
    Mine is fine but I've had this before. Normally seems to resolve once I close the game though.
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    When there's a whole bunch of menu options for the fridge, there'll be a second menu button ("More choices" or something). Sometimes, my "Get Leftovers" command is in the second menu view. Is it possible that it went in there instead?
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    When there's a whole bunch of menu options for the fridge, there'll be a second menu button ("More choices" or something). Sometimes, my "Get Leftovers" command is in the second menu view. Is it possible that it went in there instead?

Not in my case.
  • Options
    JessicthulhuJessicthulhu Posts: 315 Member
    Are you sure the food isn't spoiled? The leftovers option goes away when the food is spoiled. If not you could try dragging the food from the fridge to teh counter.
  • Options
    Are you sure the food isn't spoiled? The leftovers option goes away when the food is spoiled. If not you could try dragging the food from the fridge to teh counter.

Yeah - I have my ancient great-grandmother chef Sim cook all the time to fill up the fridge with meals that don't spoil. There are dozens in there.

Amusingly, the option came back the next time I turned the game on. Really odd.
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    I don't think I've seen the "get leftovers" option either....I'll pay more attention tonight when I log on.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,859 Member
    The phrase "Put Away" is what shows up on my menu. Click on the leftovers and it should show up. It makes the Sim put it in the fridge. I'm not sure when or why the wording changed.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Doesn't happen all of the time, but it has happened once or twice.

Were the leftover still good to eat or had any of them spoiled? Check to see if "Clean Out Spoled Food" is available as an option -- maybe if any of the food is spoiled it blocks the Grab Leftovers till the fridge is cleared out. Also if you have custom food mods that could be interfering (just tossing that out there).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think they have a "leftovers" option in this version. If you click the fridge, then OPEN, a pop-up will show you what's in your fridge and you can "grab a serving".
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    The phrase "Put Away" is what shows up on my menu. Click on the leftovers and it should show up. It makes the Sim put it in the fridge. I'm not sure when or why the wording changed.

The OP is talking about the Get Leftovers interaction on the fridge. It's for getting random food out of the fridge.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I don't think they have a "leftovers" option in this version. If you click the fridge, then OPEN, a pop-up will show you what's in your fridge and you can "grab a serving".

'Get Leftovers' was added in the Cats & Dogs patch.

7jFUD6G.jpg
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Get leftovers need the cats and dogs patch (see above).
    BUT:
    You should still be able to get food without it, right? Just pick "OpeN" then "grab a plate". Just like before C&D!
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    BUT:
    You should still be able to get food without it, right? Just pick "OpeN" then "grab a plate". Just like before C&D!

Right, you can still get food without it, but it's tedious and inefficient. That's why we now have 'get leftovers' which requires less effort.

Anyway, the issue is that the option was missing for the OP. Even if there are workarounds, it's good to find out why a certain feature is broken or not working as intended.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    BUT:

Right, you can still get food without it, but it's tedious and inefficient. That's why we now have 'get leftovers' which requires less effort.

Anyway, the issue is that the option was missing for the OP. Even if there are workarounds, it's good to find out why a certain feature is broken or not working as intended.

9 times out of 10 it also works to just click the "food" icon in the needs panel and the sim will just go to the fridge and get leftover. Keep an eye on it; about 1 time in ten the sim will choose to cook a meal instead.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I still have it but I prefer to open the fridge and just pick something though I do sometimes just hit the little icon by the hunger bar to let them get whatever.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I like the "get leftovers" because it's quicker and more random -- I'll sometimes use the open and pick a specific item if I have a lot of leftovers and want my Sims to take the oldest item that's not spoiled.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)