Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🏡 Cath's Creations 🏡

Comments

• Lianimal_1Lianimal_1 Posts: 198 Member
    Now I have that song stuck in my head! Thanks. JK, Beautiful build!
  • WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @soocoolsim, @itguyinsc, @Sandraelle, @BreeMiles and @TheDismalSimmer Thank you for the sweet comments my most Awesome teammates! You guys are truly the Best! :kissing_heart:<3

Lol @Lianimal_1! :p Thank you for the lovely comment! :smile:
    Get Smart
    3br, 3ba.
    Lot Size: 40x30
    Cost: $186,784
    No CC

Download

I wanted to try to recreate the 2018 Smart Home from HGTV. I built the entire shell and had most of the landscaping done when I realized that if I'd built it reversed or mirror image, the Gallery pictures would be a lot more appealing. So. That said, I ended up starting the entire build over but completely reversed this time. What a pain...

I tried to stay as true to the exterior as was possible. I did add a swimming pond and a hot tub outdoors. Every Sim needs those, right?

As for the interiors, the first floor is pretty close but I totally changed the upper level with the kids rooms. Man! I really wish we had turned staircases and bunk beds for this game. I didn't show pictures but there is a laundry room and the home is pet friendly.

Anyway, I'll start with the inspiration picture and then show my interpretation. It's a little hard to see because of the mirror imaging but I think it looks pretty close. Here goes:

Actual 2018 HGTV Smart Home:

1521055179628.jpg

Now for my version:

04-25-18_1%253A43%253A03%25C2%25A0PM.png

04-25-18_1%253A44%253A17%25C2%25A0PM.png

04-25-18_1%253A45%253A10%25C2%25A0PM.png

04-25-18_1%253A47%253A01%25C2%25A0PM.png

Birds eye views:

04-25-18_1%253A48%253A43%25C2%25A0PM.png

04-25-18_1%253A49%253A15%25C2%25A0PM.png

04-25-18_1%253A49%253A36%25C2%25A0PM.png

The floor plan for the garage. Since there's not really the need for cars in S4, I used this space as a hobby and skill building room.

04-25-18_1%253A50%253A44%25C2%25A0PM.png

Some landscaping shots:

04-25-18_1%253A51%253A22%25C2%25A0PM.png

04-25-18_1%253A52%253A03%25C2%25A0PM.png

04-25-18_1%253A52%253A46%25C2%25A0PM.png

04-25-18_1%253A53%253A15%25C2%25A0PM.png

Interiors are in the Spoiler:

04-25-18_2%253A00%253A05%25C2%25A0PM.png

04-25-18_2%253A00%253A19%25C2%25A0PM.png

04-25-18_2%253A01%253A17%25C2%25A0PM.png

04-25-18_2%253A01%253A42%25C2%25A0PM.png

04-25-18_2%253A02%253A15%25C2%25A0PM.png

04-25-18_2%253A03%253A04%25C2%25A0PM.png

04-25-18_2%253A04%253A43%25C2%25A0PM.png

04-25-18_2%253A05%253A30%25C2%25A0PM.png

04-25-18_2%253A05%253A58%25C2%25A0PM.png

04-25-18_2%253A06%253A26%25C2%25A0PM.png

04-25-18_2%253A06%253A39%25C2%25A0PM.png

So there it is! Thank you for stopping in for a look and Goodnight!

04-25-18_2%253A28%253A29%25C2%25A0PM.png

• Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    Wonderful build, Cath!
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    edited May 2018
    The exterior of the home reflects the inspiration home so very well! :) It looks just like the home, in mirror form! Your simversion is very nice! The landscaping reflects very well the original home. It is great that you have added a pond. Sims will enjoy also sitting around the firepit toasting food or chatting in the outdoors air, or enjoy painting on the easel in the sunshine. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The dining chairs used in the dining area looks very nice. The living room fireplace sitting area looks a very nice restful place to watch tv or read a book in front of the fire. The bookcases look great placed either sides of the fireplace. The type of and placement of the cabinets and counters in the kitchen looks very nice. Sims will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the kitchen windows. The items and shelving on the windows are a nice touch. The outdoors tv and fireplace nook looks very nice also. Very nice furnishing of each of the bedrooms! The colour schemes look very nice. Very pretty pink and blue pastel colours of the room, and the patterned curtains look great! The animals in the room corners are cute!
    It is a very nice family home :)
  • Lianimal_1Lianimal_1 Posts: 198 Member
    Your builds are amazing. That's all. to say anything more would lessen them
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

A great home Cath! Very inviting and well decorated. A perfect home for a sim family :D
  • TheDismalSimmerTheDismalSimmer Posts: 656 Member
    Hahaha I saw the first picture and I was like, what kind of crazy graphics card do you have??

But wow, that's a pretty awesome remake into the game!
    dgvibNQ.png
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @WrathofCath , wow Cath, that is an excellent recreation of the HGTV home! It looks great and the furnishings are really nice. That's funny because I had seen that house on HGTV and thought to myself, hmmmm.....I should try building that in S3, lol.
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Great recreation! I really like the use of the garage and the landscaping is fabulous.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Get Smart is gorgeous, Ms Cath!! Love the kitchen♥♥♥ and well, the red bedroom is perfect!!

There are soooo many more building items we need. I still struggle with finding the right curtain. :-(

Have a great day♥♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    Bungalow in the Jungle Oh looks stunning. I love that pond. It's a very stylish jungle home. Love it! <3

Get Smart is beautiful!
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,006 Member
    Bungalow in the Jungle Oh is a fantastic creation which blends perfectly with it's surroundings. I absolutely love the turquoise and orange theme, this really brings lots of vibrance and energy to the build :)
    Get Smart is a beautiful interpretation of the HGTV home, the clean contrasting exteriors look amazing and the interior design is awesome as always :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Wow! Stunning recreation of the home and great use of the garage!

I really need to come over to this forum more often! Well, may be not! LOL Cause then I see all the new things S4 got that my beloved S3 did not. :( Like those cute floor pillows, can they set on them??? And do some of the beds have accent pillows? Like in the boys room? I mean I can do that in S3 but I have to MOO it.
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

It´s really wonderful to see you and your fantastic creativity back here, dear Cath!
    Perfect and gorgeous new buildings as always! I love all you build <3
    Thank you so very much for the lovely comments @Ceres_Meiriona, @rosemow, @Lianimal_1, @BreeMiles, @soocoolsim, @joRN1414, @illusie, @masajo and @AIRIS6962! You guys are Awesome! :blush:<3
    Hahaha I saw the first picture and I was like, what kind of crazy graphics card do you have??

But wow, that's a pretty awesome remake into the game!
    Hahaha TDS! I've done the very same thing on other threads, in the past. :p You see this Fantastic picture and you're like, whaaaat ? Thank you for the very kind comment! :blush:
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    @WrathofCath , wow Cath, that is an excellent recreation of the HGTV home! It looks great and the furnishings are really nice. That's funny because I had seen that house on HGTV and thought to myself, hmmmm.....I should try building that in S3, lol.
    @Sandraelle, Ooooh! I would so LOVE to see your version of this Cool home in Sims 3! I'm still missing the terrain tool a lot... I will be keeping an eye on your thread, for when you're finished. Can't wait to see how it comes out! :wink:
    Cassee wrote: »
    Get Smart is gorgeous, Ms Cath!! Love the kitchen♥♥♥ and well, the red bedroom is perfect!!

There are soooo many more building items we need. I still struggle with finding the right curtain. :-(

Have a great day♥♥♥
    @Cassee, Thank you so much for the sweet comments, Cass! I knew you'd like the red bedroom. :blush:

I'm right there with you about the curtains... It's a smidge easier now that we can size things down but we really could use some basic curtains and shutters for the exterior and tons more... sigh. I guess you and I are a tad greedy? :p:D
    romagi1 wrote: »
    Wow! Stunning recreation of the home and great use of the garage!

I really need to come over to this forum more often! Well, may be not! LOL Cause then I see all the new things S4 got that my beloved S3 did not. :( Like those cute floor pillows, can they set on them??? And do some of the beds have accent pillows? Like in the boys room? I mean I can do that in S3 but I have to MOO it.
    Thank you so much @romagi1! And yes, to both questions. :smile: Simmies can and do sit on those cool floor pillows. I LOVE those! And some of the beds do have accent pillows. :blush: About the only downside to those two items (and more) is the lack of the ability to change the colors... STILL missing CAS. :disappointed:
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Wow! You did a fantastic job recreating the Smart Home! Your changes to the layout work really well. :smiley:
    Thank you so much @StSciurus! It's so nice to see you! :blush:
    Paradise Found
    1br, 1ba.
    Lot size: 20x20
    Cost: $28,426
    No CC

This home is built for a BuildnShare Challenge. The brief calls for a home to be built for Hermey the Elf, who hates living in the North Pole. His wish list includes warm weather, palm trees, a veggie garden and lanais. He would also like a study, to pursue working on his wish to become a Dentist someday. His most fervent wish is to have cocktails by the pool. All of this is to be done with a budget of $30,000 which should include the cost of the lot. Whew!

I ended up building him a cozy little cottage, right by the sea.

Download

Full Album

DBsB0iW.png

EMjmWst.png

uZpnhAp.png

rKjdIsW.png

k9T75Ma.png

A couple of interior pics in the spoiler.
    waYyKhL.png

6OpNiKe.png

ABPqPV3.png

nEo7pdC.png

And that's about it. Thank you for stopping by for a look. :blush:

Goodnight!

3Gmbx3G.png
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Paradise Found is a very nice homely home for the Elf! :) The exterior design of the home is very nice! Very nice roofing on the home! The brown colour scheme of the home looks nice, and the flowers look pretty on the edges of the porches and side of the home. The palm trees and flowers around the base of them looks very tropical. He will enjoy playing chess on the side porch in the outdoors air. Very nice ourdoors living and pool patio! He will enjoy swimming in the pool and sitting on the chair in the sunshine having a drink from the globe bar, or eating meals cooked on the bbq. The sand snowman there looks great! He will enjoy harvesting the plants in his veggie garden. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior! The open plan living, dining and kitchen area looks very nice. Very nice tropical blue colour of the home. The windows look great placed either sides of the side porch door. Very nice corner armchairs sitting area for him to enjoy relaxing there watching tv. The nautical themed shelves cabinet items are nice touches either sides of the front door. The woodwork toys on the round wall shelving near the side door look great ! He would have made them as an elf. The water ski boards also look great there. Very nice sunny office! He will enjoy the sunshine coming in through the windows whilst using the computer at the desk table,or sitting in the armchair reading a book. The shell design of the chair suits well the home theme. He will enjoy painting on the easel or restfully playing the violin there.The patterned floor rugs add a nice look to the rooms in the home. It is great that there is a treadmill in his bedroom for him to enjoy using to keep fit. The photo that he has taken of his home and placed on the wall is a special touch in the bedroom.
    It is a very nice cottage by the sea! :)
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    Paradise Found is such an adorable cottage! Love it! <3
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    @WrathofCath , Cath your little beach cottage is so adorable and I love the shape of the home. I so wish we had braided rugs in S3.
  • romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Paradise Found looks perfect for the BuildnShare Challenge and it's so Cute!

I've kinda been watching some of the BnS challenges in S4 and S3. It seems to me that S4 can get alot more bang for the buck than S3 can. Do you feel like it's cheaper to build in S4? Plus S4 seems to have an abundance of cute decor objects!
  • soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

What a cute little cottage Cath. Well done :smiley: