Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gallery pictures for builds - Complaint

NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
edited February 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
F0QxCwe.png

Those aren't my trees. Can y'all please please let us change the pictures or make sure when you (the great folks that create the lot arrangement/placement) do a test save on each lot before calling it good so that we don't get pictures of trees or other buildings (not our own) blocking our first picture?
wdv4B0i.png

Also, on those 64 lots, its zoomed out a little too far don't you think? Maybe?
TyRJOS8.png
hc8EVPX.png

What is holding the creators back from allowing us to change the pictures on our builds? Maybe give us some predefined angles in cameraman mode (copied to build mode) to choose from? Can you honestly tell us that anyone could get a sense of what the build is when the save pictures it chooses are either blocked or zoomed out so far you have no idea what is on the lot?

I don't think I complain often, but this from day one, has and is really, really irritating - especially when CAS can use custom pictures without the emblem of custom content. I get that I can upload two versions, one using custom pics (and designated as CC when its not) and one without but that would be silly to clog up the database/gallery with two versions of every build. Wouldnt it?

I beg, I plead, please with sugar on top - give us some options on the build photo gallery.
Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
Origin ID NectereSim
Post edited by Nectere on

Comments

• Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    I totally agree!
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I think it would help if we just got the 'randomized' button that we have for putting Sims on the gallery, where you can choose different poses or whatever. Only for builds it would be different angles, or sides of the lot, for example. Even if it's just for the main picture, that would help tremendously.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    I was hoping we could get to pick from several angles for lots like we can do for rooms. With the rooms you have a choice of four angles and can pick which one shows the room the best. With lots, no choice. I've actually moved a lot build to another lot so I could bet a better pic that showed more of work I did in the back yard. Wish I could have left it on the original lot and just changed the angle of the pic.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Couldn't agree more!
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I agree totally. Would it be possible for only the uploaded lot trees at the back of the picture to show in the photos?
  • Options
    SoufiSoufi Posts: 4 New Member
    i agree. I uploaded my first lot today and the pictures makes the whole house look ugly. Super annoying!! Im also suprised that they havent fixed this...
  • Options
    The big lots are pretty frustrating too, since they are zoomed out so far you have no idea even whats on the lot. I have more than one build like this - put tons of work into them (they are large after all) only for the pics to not show any of the work by being zoomed out too far.

That first build in Brindleton...hahahah the environment/world trees are blocking the very first pic. :D
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    GeroldieGeroldie Posts: 1 New Member
    Totally frustrated by camera angles in build mode. I build, don't play other than testing (when I remember). I have put up with weird angles and zoom so far out you can't see any detail or discern which room might be which, but today is the straw that broke the camel's back. I orientated a build on a lot to what seemed obvious to me was the front of the lot and the camera lot shots are from the side and rear. I also orientate for view and that isn't always compatible for camera angles so any features added for 'street' appeal are lost. PLEASE, PLEASE, allow us some autonomy! I don't want the view of my lot governed by random or oblique preset camera angles, and yes, block the trees/rocks that aren't even part of the build lot. I love the creative outlet SIMS provides and the joy that it brings me, but it is being ruined by camera angles.
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member
    I mean if you can change the gallery pics with sims 4 studio I'm sure it wouldn't be to hard for EA to add that tool to the game too, but I guess they are too busy or something (yeah, salty much)
    My Origin ID is AbyArashi
  • Options
    pandachute1pandachute1 Posts: 1 New Member
    I completely agree! I'm trying to upload a house I just built, but no matter what lot i try it takes a picture of the side and the back of the house. It is so frustrating!
  • Options
    I have a couple of builds where the first picture is facing front, then the next is the back and the next is the side - sounds good on paper except it makes it really hard to see what is on the lot the way the creator intended.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited June 2018
    Right ? It's frustrating!! You spend time building something and you end up with a crappy picture that doesn't do it justice.
    We should be able to change the pictures (chose which goes first) or use the screencaps we take. I'm already not a great builder, so with pictures like that.....

What I built today :

2yxnay8.png
    12338jn.png

Gallery pics :
    10p3ue0.png
    6i5ijl.jpg
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Fix this now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I'm hoping that that the Fashion photographer career, coming in the Moschino pack might allow you the choice of one of their photos of Sims to be uploaded as their Gallery picture. That might make the pack worth buying.

Same idea for houses could be considered as part of the game somehow.

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    The gallery pictures for the houses and the sims are really bad. I've had some where you see the back of the house instead of the front even though the lot is facing the way it's supposed to. The sims have unflattering expressions that don't show how they truly look.