Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please fix this mess of a game

13...Next

Comments

• Relentless333Relentless333 Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree. My sim has glitched our on his bed, the icon won’t go away, and I can’t queue anything up for him, or he just starts ever action then moves on to the next. Even with one action at a time he cancels halfway through. He won’t even age up at the moment using the cake because the second everyone starts to celebrate he cancels.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    I agree. My sim has glitched our on his bed, the icon won’t go away, and I can’t queue anything up for him, or he just starts ever action then moves on to the next. Even with one action at a time he cancels halfway through. He won’t even age up at the moment using the cake because the second everyone starts to celebrate he cancels.

Hello
    Try typing into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Type in
    resetSim firstname secondname
    ( replace with his actual first and second names)
    Press enter and see if that helps.

If the issues remain, try having him travel to another lot and back again, and see if that helps.
  • NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited March 2018
    This is just a SMALL list of nonsense bugs and issues going on with my game and I'm sure plenty of others have the same issues and more. And for the record NO I am not running any mods! I removed all the custom content I have been using IE rugs and paintings and am still suffering these issues. I have repaired the game and reset the folders. It is NOT my computer as computer issues would only cause lag and poor graphics NOT game based issues.

Sims “singing” but no words coming out of their mouths when using the karaoke machine
    Sims standing outside when returning home from work
    Small items vanishing from flea markets
    Small items never showing up on vendor tables at flea markets
    Free boxes never showing up in City Living
    Floating fruits from long gone fruit trees stuck between lots
    Dartboard won’t allow Sims to play game together
    Fireworks not going off at end of festivals
    Cancelling an action and having the Sim continue going to that destination and refusing to stop or do something else until they get there
    Sims staring and nodding at each other for long minutes not conversing or doing actions
    Sims standing and doing nothing while what’s queued doesn’t drop down for a long while if at all
    Items I can't remove in my house inventory as it says "Script failed" and when I sell the item, it's copy in the household vanishes
    Time speeding up and going crazy when Sims woohoo in a bed

Hmm I'm noticing most of the problems are from the City Living pack...

I'm sure there's more or could be more, but right now these are what I can think of off the top of my head. Yes, please EA, fix this game! It wasn't like this when I first bought the base game, but it seems the more "patches" that come out the worse things become.

I still have every one of these issues. Usually I press save to unstick sims and that seems to clear some of the nonsense but in some cases I am pressing save for each action. Not sure what that is about. I think my problems started around Day of the Dead with Jasmine. She really messed with my game.

I dont play with or run mods/scripts/or cc. I keep my files clean, I keep my screenshot folder empty. I clear my caches, I repair etc. Its really frustrating. However I suppose as long as more people are requesting new things over the people who want the bugs fixed, we will just keep getting stuff like MFP instead of sweeping bug fixes.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • shandra2183shandra2183 Posts: 212 Member
    Sorry you all are having trouble playing the sims 4. I play with lots of mods. So 95% of the time if there is a problem it's the mod needing updating. There have been some bugs like recently I couldn't complete party goals but thankfully they just got a patch out for that. I also hate when my sims are out late and they can't go home until morning because vampires are breaking in. That is my biggest complaint as of now and the next to that is yoga. Half the time during a yoga session the sims and instructor just stand their like they are stuck. It is really annoying to. As someone who was an advent sims 3 player, this game runs great. I would try resetting the sims 4 folder and then repairing the game. Also if you have any custom content like lots or sims try taking them out of your game. About a year in a half ago I had to make a new game because my game became corrupted do to one custom house I had forgotten I had. So you could try backing up your sims folder. Let the game make a new one and create a new game and see how it responds. Last step would be to reinstall your game and I know that is a pain. I hope EA doesn't discard these issues and fixes them.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,581 Member
    Sorry you all are having trouble playing the sims 4. I play with lots of mods. So 95% of the time if there is a problem it's the mod needing updating. There have been some bugs like recently I couldn't complete party goals but thankfully they just got a patch out for that. I also hate when my sims are out late and they can't go home until morning because vampires are breaking in. That is my biggest complaint as of now and the next to that is yoga. Half the time during a yoga session the sims and instructor just stand their like they are stuck. It is really annoying to. As someone who was an advent sims 3 player, this game runs great. I would try resetting the sims 4 folder and then repairing the game. Also if you have any custom content like lots or sims try taking them out of your game. About a year in a half ago I had to make a new game because my game became corrupted do to one custom house I had forgotten I had. So you could try backing up your sims folder. Let the game make a new one and create a new game and see how it responds. Last step would be to reinstall your game and I know that is a pain. I hope EA doesn't discard these issues and fixes them.

Hello
    SimQARobo is asking for save files from simmers affected by Vampires breaking in on community lots
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-Vampire-breaking-in-on-community-lots/m-p/6672858/highlight/true#M59238

With the yoga issue, you may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-SD-No-animation-playing-doing-yoga-class/m-p/6488067#M54830
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Nectere wrote: »
    This is just a SMALL list of nonsense bugs and issues going on with my game and I'm sure plenty of others have the same issues and more. And for the record NO I am not running any mods! I removed all the custom content I have been using IE rugs and paintings and am still suffering these issues. I have repaired the game and reset the folders. It is NOT my computer as computer issues would only cause lag and poor graphics NOT game based issues.

Sims “singing” but no words coming out of their mouths when using the karaoke machine
    Sims standing outside when returning home from work
    Small items vanishing from flea markets
    Small items never showing up on vendor tables at flea markets
    Free boxes never showing up in City Living
    Floating fruits from long gone fruit trees stuck between lots
    Dartboard won’t allow Sims to play game together
    Fireworks not going off at end of festivals
    Cancelling an action and having the Sim continue going to that destination and refusing to stop or do something else until they get there
    Sims staring and nodding at each other for long minutes not conversing or doing actions
    Sims standing and doing nothing while what’s queued doesn’t drop down for a long while if at all
    Items I can't remove in my house inventory as it says "Script failed" and when I sell the item, it's copy in the household vanishes
    Time speeding up and going crazy when Sims woohoo in a bed

Hmm I'm noticing most of the problems are from the City Living pack...

I'm sure there's more or could be more, but right now these are what I can think of off the top of my head. Yes, please EA, fix this game! It wasn't like this when I first bought the base game, but it seems the more "patches" that come out the worse things become.

I still have every one of these issues. Usually I press save to unstick sims and that seems to clear some of the nonsense but in some cases I am pressing save for each action. Not sure what that is about. I think my problems started around Day of the Dead with Jasmine. She really messed with my game.

I dont play with or run mods/scripts/or cc. I keep my files clean, I keep my screenshot folder empty. I clear my caches, I repair etc. Its really frustrating. However I suppose as long as more people are requesting new things over the people who want the bugs fixed, we will just keep getting stuff like MFP instead of sweeping bug fixes.

This... I had a vanilla game and still had all these problems so I decided to put my mods back in ( I don't use any CC) andthise are always kepts up to date so I know it's not the issue. I'm constantly repairing my game and it's still doesn't fix it. My current annoyance (other than what was listed) is the vet clinic
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • woodenbear50woodenbear50 Posts: 38 Member
    Lots of complaints about EA which fall on deaf ears and blind eyes this is the EA way. I stopped buying the endless stuff packs, expansions, and the stuff packs for stuff packs due to the countless gouging for dollars. I have sold my PS4, and games due to this micro transaction BS and I have stopped buying PC games from EA just to feel good about myself. I loved my sims 4 games but lately the more they put out the worse the game is. When Sims 4 first came out I was so happy as it was not a ram eater like Sims 3 and the NPC's were a little better and I could put over 300 custom sims with no problem to my games performance. Now EA suggests 80 to 200 sims which means I would have to put 1.5 sims in each lot or let the game fill up with ugly NPC's. I have not purchased Cats and Dogs, Jungle Adventure, Seasons, My First Pets Stuff and so on. I think buy the time EA wraps uo the expansions and stuff you will only be allowed to have one family.....Whew I feel better!!!!!
  • sikasika18sikasika18 Posts: 343 Member
    Lots of complaints about EA which fall on deaf ears and blind eyes this is the EA way. I stopped buying the endless stuff packs, expansions, and the stuff packs for stuff packs due to the countless gouging for dollars. I have sold my PS4, and games due to this micro transaction plum and I have stopped buying PC games from EA just to feel good about myself. I loved my sims 4 games but lately the more they put out the worse the game is. When Sims 4 first came out I was so happy as it was not a ram eater like Sims 3 and the NPC's were a little better and I could put over 300 custom sims with no problem to my games performance. Now EA suggests 80 to 200 sims which means I would have to put 1.5 sims in each lot or let the game fill up with ugly NPC's. I have not purchased Cats and Dogs, Jungle Adventure, Seasons, My First Pets Stuff and so on. I think buy the time EA wraps uo the expansions and stuff you will only be allowed to have one family.....Whew I feel better!!!!!

Same here.
    I have no hope for the franchise as long as this studio has anything to do with it. It is clear that most of the people that worked on 1 and 2 is gone and that their priorities aren't what they used to. We need a more serious and talented studio taking over.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited August 2018
    Forget bringing new expansion packs out

I agree with OP. Rather than focusing on new expansions, content, etc I think it's time for the the devs to really put some serious effort into getting rid of these bugs which includes the non-interacting sims bug, the teleporting sims bug, and many other bugs which players are reporting. If they just ignore these serious issues and go on with just creating new content anyways, TS4 is headed to complete disaster... At its current state, TS4 is already in very rough condition. I'm cheering for you gurus and devs, but you gotta really work on this. As much as I love to have new content, please no more until you fix these bugs.
  • RetrovanianRetrovanian Posts: 580 Member
    Nothing much seems to have been fixed by the latest Patch so it's not really a Patch is it?. People will just loose interest in the game like I have unless the major problems are fixed ASAP.
    Kind regards James.
  • ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    edited August 2018

I do find myself annoyed by these "regularly scheduled patches" because they seem to me to be "patching for the sake of patching". I only skimmed these threads so if my example has already appeared in here, just consider it "I second the motion". :

This business of Sims washing dishes in the bathroom sink. This patch fixed nothing, well it made it worse. Now as they wander about the house on "Clean Up" they invariably end up near the loo and guess what? That is "The Nearest Sink".

If we have lockable doors and monsters under every single-bed (be it a child/tot bed or just a standard "twin" bed) --but not under a double bed because apparently the double beds are coded differently, then what is so difficult about either coding the kitchen sink as the only fixture in which to wash dishes OR code the lavatory sinks as not usable for that activity.

And I'm fairly certain without reading the entire thread that complaints.. Long standing complaints about Sims taking game-hours to eat. That has to be among the game's oldest issues. And then there's gardening.. A modest garden at that takes 6 hours to water? Please! I know another patch "shortcutted" some aspects of this activity such as "sell all" harvestables and a bloomin' leaf-blower for weeding !!??!! I know it's a pretend-at-life game but that leaf blower tops them all as "Too Fakey" even for "pretend".

This disturbs me because it has all the looks of a discount magic show, one where a two-bit magician has to paw around inside his "magic" hat trying to find the bloody rabbit and then remembers the rabbit is still in his dressing room on the table by the bed.

The operative word is "discount". Not the hallmarks of a franchise with a lot of life expectancy left.

The regularly-scheduled patches bother me not only because they don't appear to address issues I am experiencing, but also they cause me to have to park my mods until the writers of those enhancements need time to fix what the patches break-- and I use mods because for me without them I would have shelved this game mere months after starting to play it. But the core aspects with how the game was designed are not the issue I mean to focus on today. With the help of mods I find TS 4 rather enjoyable but honestly, if EA/Maxis wishes to actually address issues that matter, take some time, pay some people and issue a patch that actually patches glaring issues.

Thank you.

I am not fond of complaining but as an acquaintance once said "A closed mouth don't get fed."

Or more commonly heard: "The wheel that doesn't squeak gets no notice."