Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to make dogs breed

I have been trying to encourage my dog to breed with others but they always hate each other (the stop signs in fought bubble ) I have tried so many dogs already! Is there a trick to make them breed? Thanks.

Comments

• Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    I actually had this problem yesterday, but I never really found a full proof solution. It took me over twenty times to get them to finally breed, and that’s a generous estimate amount. Other simmers say command your pet to “Be nice to...” in order to increase their relationship with one another, but that command never showed for me even when my sims were companions with their pets.

Persistence is the only solution I found, but I’ll be interested in what others have to say.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    So far, I've only really been successful if 1: the female is "in heat" (has the little hearts popping up, is howling a lot) and 2: both dogs or cats are in my household. I've never successfully bred with an "outside" or visiting pet or stray. Now, if I want to keep puppies around, I adopt two pets, one male and female, check in once in a while to make sure they're not fighting or anything, and then when the female goes into heat, encourage BOTH of them to mate with each other. That usually seems to work, and I've had about 5 successful pet pregnancies, with 3 different pairings, so far using that method.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    i did try be nice to the other dog, but none is working!

the famale dog in my family is making a lo of hearts noise!
  • lar0jalar0ja Posts: 49 Member
    I've only had success when my cats/dogs are in a good (i.e. green) mood, even when in heat. If they're neutral or red, they'll just rebuff the other animal's advances.
  • lar0jalar0ja Posts: 49 Member
    Just shower them with affection first until you get the "Feel the Love" interaction. If the animal has food available, it should be pretty easy to get them happy with just social interactions. They don't have complicated needs like human sims.
    I can’t even seem to make the dog be nice to other dogs .....
  • SimsVetSimsVet Posts: 7 New Member
    I am having the same problem but with my cat
    She keeps going in heat but when I encourage her to mate with another cat they just fight
    I figured it out
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    SimsVet wrote: »
    I figured it out

...Would you like to share?
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
    Please share. I still have no luck at all !
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I don't even have the "be nice to..." choice available when I tell my cats to breed.