Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things from older Sims game that you would like to see returned. (Not a complain fest)

So while playing my current game today I was sending one of my sims to her easel to go paint and as she was on her way I thought, " Yeah know I really miss the Sketchbook from The Sims 3 University. Then I got to thinking about some of the other things that I miss from other games that I would like to see again.

I'm curious what all do yall miss from older games that you would like to see return. But I want to make this clear I don't want there to be any serious complaining and wars like I saw with toddlers and horses it just drags do the fun of the tread.

Your perfectly welcome to say that you miss some of those things and talk about why you thought they were great but "NO ARGUING" let's keep it civil and fun.

For me apart from the sketchbook I also really liked the in-ground hot tubes from Sims 2 and 3 because I've always felt the in-grounds just look nicer than above grounds.

I also liked the One Man's Junk Car from Sims 2, now, of course, It wouldn't really make too much sense without working cars however I feel that it can be done with other objects sort of like in 3 where we could salvage old furniture and turn it into parts but instead of that actually restoring it into a usable object which would could make an interesting Rags to Riches challenge where you have to find and restore your furniture.

I also miss the sewing table from 2, I don't know why I just do.

So what are your thoughts?
All's fair in love, war and mini-games. "Me"
fN2f7ds.png

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Uhh.. I guess I'll make a list.. here goes!
    • Laptop
    • Draw nude from sims 3 university (made me laugh lol)
    • Normal Sized Telescopes
    • Drums
    • Spiral stair cases
    • Basically all of into the future's future tech
    • Alchemy from sims 3 supernatural
    • Basically everything from Island Paradise but without the horrible bugs
    • Goose from sims 2
    • Physical games like tossing the ball and tag, rock paper scissors etc
    • Portable video game
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Agree with the mentioned fixable car, spiral stair cases, normal telescopes, sewing table, and physical games. Adding from TS2: potter's wheel, trait system, ability to right click on a face in CAS to blend features of the various templates, sliders in CAS - the current push and pull doesn't always work, screen shots linked to households, only the played household has time progression, the build tools, the great variety of wall and floor textures, normal staircases, auto roofs, and just about everything else in TS2, to be honest. TS3: colour wheel and opacity sliders TS1: the fish/sailboat pond, street card food/beverage vendors
  • TayoChanTayoChan Posts: 357 Member
    Oh goodnes yes I know I was missing somethings.

Spiral staircases especially since I just built a set of chess rook houses the other day but couldn't really use the upper part because they weren't wide enough for stairs.

But I do miss the physical activities and the drums but I'll take it a step further and say the playing instruments together as well
    fN2f7ds.png
    Agree with the mentioned fixable car, spiral stair cases, normal telescopes, sewing table, and physical games. Adding from TS2: potter's wheel, trait system, ability to right click on a face in CAS to blend features of the various templates, sliders in CAS - the current push and pull doesn't always work, screen shots linked to households, only the played household has time progression, the build tools, the great variety of wall and floor textures, normal staircases, auto roofs, and just about everything else in TS2, to be honest. TS3: colour wheel and opacity sliders TS1: the fish/sailboat pond, street card food/beverage vendors

Oh yeah, I forgot about the CAS blend tool it was great whenever I was stuck between two different presets.
    fN2f7ds.png
    Uhh.. I guess I'll make a list.. here goes!
    • Laptop
    • Draw nude from sims 3 university (made me laugh lol)
    • Normal Sized Telescopes
    • Drums
    • Spiral stair cases
    • Basically all of into the future's future tech
    • Alchemy from sims 3 supernatural
    • Basically everything from Island Paradise but without the horrible bugs
    • Goose from sims 2
    • Physical games like tossing the ball and tag, rock paper scissors etc
    • Portable video game

Goose? What goose? I missed that...
    fN2f7ds.png
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    School buses and car pools
    NPC characters like Mrs Crumplebottom
    The Burglar
    Newspapers

Terrain editing tools

Cake dancer
    Pool tables
    Games like tag, Mary Mack etc
    The smustle
    The ballet barré
    Treehouses
    Hopscotch
    Sandpits
    Rollercoasters
    Hobbies ala the sims 2
    Cuddling on the bed
    Horses
    Ocean swimming
    Small pets
    Keg stand
    Photo booth
    Babies that can be removed from the crib
    Swingsets and other playground apparatus
    Ice skating and regular skating
    Playing catch and football.
    OH! Another one. Recliners, my pool decks and hi end patios will never be the same till I have reclining deck chairs.
    fN2f7ds.png
  • Alyssia29Alyssia29 Posts: 128 Member
    I miss...
    -the memory system in ts2 ; i loved to see the ''timeline'' of my sims.
    -the screenshot manager of ts2 and the ability to create an album for a family (like you could see the story of the family from map view...)
    -the lovetub from sims 2 also
    -home phone !!
    -Bike and car :)
    -Social interaction like noogie, tag, tickle !

Probably more, but i have to say i'm having lot's of fun with TS4 still !
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    We should turn this thread into a complain fest
    LR3g0ni.jpg
    - Actual Christmas lights that you could choose styles
    - customizable doorbells so I could put spooky bells on my haunted houses
    - snowboarding
    - PENGUINS
    fN2f7ds.png
    We should turn this thread into a complain fest

Please don't be "that guy"
    fN2f7ds.png
  • HimynameisHimynameis Posts: 336 Member
    Real babies
    Shorter more natural teens
    cars
    bikes
    cast
    open worlds
    horses
    seasons
    swings
    sea saws
    tree houses
    bunk beds
    foot balls
    soccer nets
    boats
    swimmable oceans
    the ability to place lots anywhere
    memories
    landline phones
    news papers
    lounge chairs
    kegs
    cuddling in/on the bed (really this bugs me to the extreme, double beds in TS4 seem like to singles glued together. It's so cold and heartless that the sims don't cuddle in their sleep)
    Physical games for children (tag cops and robbers ect)
    sandpits
    small pets
    Fishing in any body of water (big enough)
    Terrain tools
    the abaility to create a pond
    Spiral/different types of stairs and ladders
    Houseboats
    Supernatural sims other than vampires and aliens (an now I guess skeletons)
    Laptops
    Normal sized childrens toys (doll houses teddy bears ect)
    Normal sized objects in general (telescope microscope cupcake machine)
    More instruments (drums bass ect)
    NPC robbers
    NPC cops
    NPC firemen
    More normal jobs (military teaching ect)
    Expansion packs that actually expand the game in meaningful ways
    The ability to create bands

To be honest there's a tonne of things I miss from past iterations and going back to them makes me hyper ware of how much is missing in this game
  • LONESTAR2330LONESTAR2330 Posts: 630 Member
    More than anything I miss cars!!! I loved having my Sims drive around, and they made for some nice screenshots for my stories too.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I miss an actual landline phone and the newspaper.
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    edited February 2018
    1. Burglars and the burglar alarm are one thing I'd love to have back. I loved when your sim would interrupt them and then they would fight until police showed up. I'd love to see a newer version where our sims who are in that career field can actually break in other sims homes and try not to get caught.

2. Nectar making, I know there is a mod now, but I'd love it if they just brought this back in the game.

3. Self-employment. Yes our sims can stay at home and complete hobbies for money, but in TS3 you could actually designate a sim as someone who works from home as a painter, writer, gardener or fishing person.

4. The rocking chair. I really miss being able to cuddle and read to toddlers in the rocking chair with the toddler on the sim's lap.

5. Kicking people out your home! I really miss being able to kick a sim out of the house and watch them walk away down the street with their sad little face. Having to "edit household" does not provide the same feeling.

There are a lot of other things I miss too, but we'll definitely never be getting it as the game is just not set up that way.
    Post edited by Goth583 on
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I want a lot of things that I'm pretty sure are coming so to get that out of the way.. Witches, University and Stardom.
    I think of these things though and hope they come soon. I won't complain if they are expanded on much more ..

Flower arranging.. so many pretty flowers in this game. I want to be able to make them for using in my sims houses like they can with paintings.

Gift Giving.. I know we can drag an item to another sim but I really want to be able to click on them and chose gift from inventory then present it to them wrapped.. they can even fudge on the size of the present it can be a small box even if we are giving a large painting..

Crafting.. I'm up for anything. I heard they had jewelry making in 3.. I'd really like that.

Nectar Making, Beekeeping with honey production, Jam or Jelly Making, Juicing... I could go on and on with this list.

Be a mechanic.. work on cars. I really want this more than the possibility to drive them lol. I kind of hope we get cars kind of like they were done in Sims 2.

Bed cuddles (and the ability to watch tv reclining in bed) and slow dancing.

egTcBMc.png
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Sims 2 memory system
    Sims 2 family tree (I don't understand why they can't make a family tree that does not delete culled sims)
    burglar
    supernaturals
    firemen
    normal telescope
    DANGER (sudden deaths)
    Military career
    Teaching career
    All good answers, some of which I actually forgot existed like flower arranging since there are so many pretty flowers in the game with no real purpose.
    fN2f7ds.png
  • mymak2018mymak2018 Posts: 1 New Member
    1. More careers. I loved when there was an animal career and education career.
    2. WEATHER! I loved seasons and it makes game play a lot more realistic.
    3. The university game packs were my favorite. I loved sending kids to college
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2018
    Nectar Making from World Adventures and Makin' Magic
    a256aFi.gif
  • KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    I'm going way back here but I would love to see something like Magic Town implemented again, I don't think that any subsequent games with supernatural elements even came close to it. Vampires, witches, et all would fit in perfectly! I loved the ability to go to the vendors and actually go out and buy the ingredients for whatever spell/charm it was you wanted to make.

Aside from that, I would also appreciate the ability to do things like cuddle on the couch and for the sim to actually open up the cabinets when they cook. Little things like that make a bigger picture. Carpools and cars in general would also be a welcome addition, anything but the sim just vanishing into thin air before work.
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    My top ten
    1. CAW
    2. CAst
    3. Separate foundations
    4. Pond tool
    5. Terrain tool
    6. Variety of stair types (Spiral, ladder, L shaped)
    7. Witches
    8. Fairies
    9. Werewolves
    10. More options for hair and skin that fall out of the realm of normal, with them being genetic
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    bonehilda.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    1. Slow dancing
    2. Attraction system
    3. Water tool
    4. CAW
    5. Cars
    6. Unleashed babies, cribs, changing tables
    7. Missing basic NPCs such as police burglars and firemen and Mrs Crumplebottom
    8. Military career
    9. Drums
    10. Memories
    11. Cuddling in bed
    12. Pool table
    13. Volleyball net
    14. Weather
    15. Swings
    16. Swimmable oceans

This list can go on forever we're missing so much basics
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Magic town and its duells would be great!