Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Shadami I just got an idea... What if... What if I played in TS3 and actually wrote from the towns that you were getting postcards from? That might be super fun!

Would any other TS3 players like to join me in this?

I will grab Sunset Valley! If others want to join in from other towns, that would be great... if not, you can persuade me to play them, too!

And, Shad, you and I are quite the influences on each other! We're both crazy with multiple stories! :D Like we only need to keep adding more and more, right?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    There I filled out his application now to. xD

<3 Gosh yes, i love more and more stories. Never stop the ideas flowing, even if it becomes crazy. This is why i have two filing cabinets and a couple boxes full of story notes.. ^^;; hehe
    ohh!! I only had TS3 for a couple months before I got gifted sims 4. I was wondering if they were old locations! That would be super cool!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @Shadami I just got an idea... What if... What if I played in TS3 and actually wrote from the towns that you were getting postcards from? That might be super fun!

Would any other TS3 players like to join me in this?

I will grab Sunset Valley! If others want to join in from other towns, that would be great... if not, you can persuade me to play them, too!

And, Shad, you and I are quite the influences on each other! We're both crazy with multiple stories! :D Like we only need to keep adding more and more, right?

i think your first sentence was i just got a idea.
    I'm trying to resist some of my ideas. It's not working. XD
    Shadami wrote: »
    I'm trying to resist some of my ideas. It's not working. XD

thats not true your avis new.
    Well it's from a year old story that finally had the wedding xD
    edited February 2018

did you handwrite the lettrr i peeked it was neat.
  • XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member

did you handwrite the lettrr i peeked it was neat.

Yep! I used a grid on a separate layer to make sure that I didn't wander off. Also, for the photo (which I have now added) I took a screenshot of a portrait I made another sim paint :smile:
    41tidg8.jpg
    Shadami wrote: »
    Well it's from a year old story that finally had the wedding xD

still counts.
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi, @MedleyMisty! I've got Tad's response to the darkness here: Tad to the darkness 1

I apologise for the hand-drawn pics. I just really wanted to draw them. And I apologise if the colour balance is off... my monitor isn't quite as bright or as contrast-y as most because bright monitors hurt my eyes.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
    Hi, @MedleyMisty! I've got Tad's response to the darkness here: Tad to the darkness 1

I apologise for the hand-drawn pics. I just really wanted to draw them. And I apologise if the colour balance is off... my monitor isn't quite as bright or as contrast-y as most because bright monitors hurt my eyes.

that sounds like frog rap song. :):):):):)
  • MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member

Oh my gosh never apologize for beauty! The whole thing is beautiful and good and it increases the amount of goodness and rightness in the world, and I love it.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.

Oh my gosh never apologize for beauty! The whole thing is beautiful and good and it increases the amount of goodness and rightness in the world, and I love it.

hi mel.

hi mel.

Hi! *waves*
    So is anyone in here looking for another penpal? I'm still trying to poke through the participants list .
  • RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member

Aw, thank you so much! :blush: I managed to feel really good about the letter and the pics until the last second, when I got all insecure. But I'm glad my initial feelings were more accurate and that you liked it.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    Hello! I would love to join the pen pal project!! My participating sim is Apple Berry and her profile post is at this link here~

I've also submitted a request to join on the pen pal project's website too! o:)

I'm happy to exchange letters with anyone who uses any blog site, it doesn't have to be other tumblr users only! :smiley:
    I have one friend who plans to do this with me already, but I'd love to have more pen pals too! If anyone else is looking for a pen pal and wants to write to Apple, the more the merrier! <3<3<3

Also, I scrolled up and saw the mention of sims 3 users sending post cards from the towns you get posts cards from in sims 4, and I actually have Apple working on that collection to go along with the pen pal thing, and was originally just going to pretend she had more unnamed pen pals sending her post cards, but if people are going to play in those towns and actually write real letters from them, I'd love to be a recipient of those letters if you want more people to write to! :)
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Sheepiling Welcome to the Pen Pal Project! :) So excited your Sim's participating! I'll make a plan to update the project blog this weekend and I'll send you an invite to become an editor. I'll need either your WordPress account name or an email address to complete the invitation--you can PM me, if you want!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    Hello! I would love to join the pen pal project!! My participating sim is Apple Berry and her profile post is at this link here~

I've also submitted a request to join on the pen pal project's website too! o:)

I'm happy to exchange letters with anyone who uses any blog site, it doesn't have to be other tumblr users only! :smiley:
    I have one friend who plans to do this with me already, but I'd love to have more pen pals too! If anyone else is looking for a pen pal and wants to write to Apple, the more the merrier! <3<3<3

Also, I scrolled up and saw the mention of sims 3 users sending post cards from the towns you get posts cards from in sims 4, and I actually have Apple working on that collection to go along with the pen pal thing, and was originally just going to pretend she had more unnamed pen pals sending her post cards, but if people are going to play in those towns and actually write real letters from them, I'd love to be a recipient of those letters if you want more people to write to! :)

yup that's my plan. I'm tempted to download sims 3 myself and see what I have with it. I never did get around to playing it much, because i was gifted sims 4 shortly after i was gifted sims 3. xD within a couple months. And my old computer couldn't handle it.
    @CathyTea

Seth's latest reply to Jasper:

tumblr_p6kw95LJT41riev15o1_1280.png

Can't sleep, the sun will eat me.

Coffee vs The Sun
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I wanna give Faith a penpal now... How do i sign up? :lol:
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!

all the information is on the first page.

• LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member

Okay, i'm about to set her profile right now.

Also, are we allowed to post the profiles in the Writers Lounge too? Or just here?
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!

Okay, i'm about to set her profile right now.

Also, are we allowed to post the profiles in the Writers Lounge too? Or just here?

yes then cathtea will move it to the front page. its technically her thread but when she ramps up her big project i do stuff like answer questions.