Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying the Jungle Adventure Game Pack?

Comments

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2018
    Maybe
    the temples change......

I understand that, but when I think of Sims solving puzzles just isn’t what I want. It’s too structured, not enough free range for my tastes. :P
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    There are 5 layouts, WA had up to 25 (maybe more, not less, and the ability to create more and share with other simmers), so if WA didn’t do it for you this GP won’t either. Treasures reset in Sims 3 as well by the way (it being a spawning system) and opening a sarcophagus can have different outcomes.

Again, I didn’t get WA for the adventure and temple exploring. I got it because I loved the CAS and new B/B. Not to mention the new skills were exactly what I wanted. The number of layouts isn’t important to me because chances are I’ll do this once (maybe) and never go back - - unless it pertains to a story. It’s just not the kind of simmer I am.
    Yes, which is why I said “so if WA didn’t do it for you this GP won’t either”. I said this to the person who thought the amount of layouts would matter to you. I figured it wouldn’t.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes
    I admit that 5 randomizations it's not enough.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    No
    While it does look to have some cool features, it's just not exactly my type of pack.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Maybe
    I was kind of disappointed after they finished getting the treasure after going through the temple. I was like, "That's it..?" I know the temple randomizes, but I hope I'll have to work a little harder to get the treasure then they did on the stream, or else this will be the biggest downfall to a pack that I've never seen before. Built up so high, and then came toppling down when expectations were not met.

I still love the BB objects though.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes
    I was kind of disappointed after they finished getting the treasure after going through the temple. I was like, "That's it..?" I know the temple randomizes, but I hope I'll have to work a little harder to get the treasure then they did on the stream, or else this will be the biggest downfall to a pack that I've never seen before. Built up so high, and then came toppling down when expectations were not met.

I still love the BB objects though.

I had the same feeling, I'm a bit disappointed with the exploration of the temple.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes
    > @Strawburry3 said:
    > I didn’t like WA in S3, so if I do buy it I don’t imagine myself visiting the destination more than once. I’m mostly interested in CAS and B/B. xD Trying to justify $20 for just that though.

the temples change......
    There are 5 layouts, WA had up to 25 (maybe more, not less, and the ability to create more and share with other simmers), so if WA didn’t do it for you this GP won’t either. Treasures reset in Sims 3 as well by the way (it being a spawning system) and opening a sarcophagus can have different outcomes.

What disappoints me is that everything seems choice/coincidence based (it feels like a slot machine, I’ve never seen the charm of slot machines) and not puzzle based. “This time it was the tree, next time it may be the sun. Or the leaves.” Mjah.. And the traps I saw were clearly there. Like, I liked the gas trap (hope there really is a consequence attached to it comparable to the mummy curse) but it seemed like the only way to step into it is by instructing your sim to (“Hey, see that trap there? Get in.”) Not accidently, not hidden (hope there are and they just didn’t show it). And what was the point of that bobbing skeleton passing by and disappearing apparently?

That being said, I have decided to buy it nonetheless. It doesn’t have to ‘beat’ WA for me or anything, I just want something in the game to have fun with and I think I will.

This is my point as well. It is the Sims and I never expected hard core down and dirty kind of game play - just an adventure for the Sims and what I as a human being would expect if I took my real life family to such a place. In fact if it was my real life family I would not expect my family could actually die - so the game does go a little further than real life. But if I want a game with all the dangers etc some people say they expected well it wouldn't be the Sims that I would expect those kind of things in. In fact that aspect was touched deeper in WA and why a lot of simmers were actually turned off by that game. Sims is supposed to be fun and include a variety of entertainments we real people may experience. I see all that in here - a fun adventure and new vacation spot for my sims to enjoy. New Sims to meet. New histories/cultures to learn - with even a touch of danger.

If I wanted horrors and real danger I would be playing temples of Doom, or Lara Croft Tomb raider or games like that - not the Sims. The sims is fun and the new sims adventure is just one thing in what I was looking for - on top of it - it looks well done - beautiful to look at, nice new build, buy, and CAS content, interesting out of the norm play - but my sims are still what I expect the Sims to be - and I find it refreshing. I also think most people should not have to pull their hair out trying to solve the puzzles - which is typical of most real people vacation spots. I think the devs did a good job portraying this from what I can see so far.

You compare it with the OR vacation and JA wins hands down in my book.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ShaeShae Posts: 303 Member
    Yes
    Sure am, and counting down the days!
    Just a visually impaired gamer who enjoys taking ordinary Sims and making them extraordinary.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=WbRQP-PXDpA
  • Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    Maybe
    Since I was included in the quote, I thought you were referring to me. I apologize.

tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
    edited February 2018
    Maybe
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    > @Strawburry3 said:
    > I didn’t like WA in S3, so if I do buy it I don’t imagine myself visiting the destination more than once. I’m mostly interested in CAS and B/B. xD Trying to justify $20 for just that though.

the temples change......

What disappoints me is that everything seems choice/coincidence based (it feels like a slot machine, I’ve never seen the charm of slot machines) and not puzzle based. “This time it was the tree, next time it may be the sun. Or the leaves.” Mjah.. And the traps I saw were clearly there. Like, I liked the gas trap (hope there really is a consequence attached to it comparable to the mummy curse) but it seemed like the only way to step into it is by instructing your sim to (“Hey, see that trap there? Get in.”) Not accidently, not hidden (hope there are and they just didn’t show it). And what was the point of that bobbing skeleton passing by and disappearing apparently?

That being said, I have decided to buy it nonetheless. It doesn’t have to ‘beat’ WA for me or anything, I just want something in the game to have fun with and I think I will.

This is my point as well. It is the Sims and I never expected hard core down and dirty kind of game play - just an adventure for the Sims and what I as a human being would expect if I took my real life family to such a place. In fact if it was my real life family I would not expect my family could actually die - so the game does go a little further than real life. But if I want a game with all the dangers etc some people say they expected well it wouldn't be the Sims that I would expect those kind of things in. In fact that aspect was touched deeper in WA and why a lot of simmers were actually turned off by that game. Sims is supposed to be fun and include a variety of entertainments we real people may experience. I see all that in here - a fun adventure and new vacation spot for my sims to enjoy. New Sims to meet. New histories/cultures to learn - with even a touch of danger.

If I wanted horrors and real danger I would be playing temples of Doom, or Lara Croft Tomb raider or games like that - not the Sims. The sims is fun and the new sims adventure is just one thing in what I was looking for - on top of it - it looks well done - beautiful to look at, nice new build, buy, and CAS content, interesting out of the norm play - but my sims are still what I expect the Sims to be - and I find it refreshing. I also think most people should not have to pull their hair out trying to solve the puzzles - which is typical of most real people vacation spots. I think the devs did a good job portraying this from what I can see so far.

You compare it with the OR vacation and JA wins hands down in my book.
    Must say I only had one sim die on me due to adventuring, after he had been cursed, and that was because I consciously refused to help him ;) And the reason I wanted him to die was because Sims 3 is filled with great ideas for dead sims. To make a long story short: he eventually died (for the second time) of old age. Sims is supposed to be fun, indeed, but that for me is fun. I agree it should never take it as far as the other games you mention.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited February 2018
    Maybe
    Since I was included in the quote, I thought you were referring to me. I apologize.
    Yes, I figured something like that, the quote wasn’t quite clear and still contained a tag for your name, which maybe was confusing (no need to apologize by the way ;))
    5JZ57S6.png
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Maybe
    I just reinstalled Sims 4; I haven't even loaded it up yet. I can wait for reviews before making my final decision. It was the last livestream which took me from a YES to a maybe.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yes
    As mentioned earlier I would have preferred a beach scene. However, I am looking forward to this pack because it looks interesting and it's going to be something new for me. I never did get a chance to do World Adventures in the SIMS 3.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    Yes
    rjssim wrote: »
    As mentioned earlier I would have preferred a beach scene. However, I am looking forward to this pack because it looks interesting and it's going to be something new for me. I never did get a chance to do World Adventures in the SIMS 3.

I would guess there will be another Vacation pack eventually as the Sims has always had 3 vacation spots - so maybe they are saving that one for the third vacation spot.

There was even a mention in earlier sims surveys about an ocean liner Vacation pack that may visit a port or ports during the trip - I was thinking most likely beach Paradises kind of thing - like Hawaii, Tahiti, Barbadoes, Haiti or even others. I always thought that survey sounded cool and different in the fact we had never had that kind of pack before. Sounded like a lot of fun - so who knows maybe they will make that eventually.

That could also be how they have ocean swimming in the game without people expecting our home worlds to have ocean swimming -

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• bumb1ebeebumb1ebee Posts: 28 Member
    Maybe
    I'm considering it, I'm just worried it'll be a place I visit once to see all the new things and then never go back to (like granite falls from outdoor retreat).
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    Yes
    Eventually. I'm pretty broke right now.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Yes
    I changed my mind, I'm not buying it. Least not during initial release. I can't buy anything further if my game is already missing assets from previous packs I bought; I'm missing CAS items from the latest patch and refuse to play my game any further until I at least get them back.

Tagging @SimGuruNick and @SimGuruArvin so they see this -- they might ask you to send a copy of your most recent save file to try and find a fix.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SimsoKaitSimsoKait Posts: 19 Member
    Yes
    Hopefully, I will once I have the money to.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Maybe
    Maybe. I want to wait for reviews, seeing the B/B content, and how bad the usual disappointment list is. The packs remind me of an old perfume commercial: promise them X but give them x-z. That said, going by the blogs and trailer, this looks like one of the better ones they've done, regardless of TS version.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I'm buying it, not sure if right away or not, but I will get it, it looks fun for at least a one-time through play, and I'm looking forward to doing new things with my sims.

I think I will stay away from reviews and reading a lot of threads about it until I've spent some time playing it. I don't want to be "spoiled" and as well, even if it's a pretty good game pack, I expect there will be a number of people who are really disappointed in one aspect or another, just like Pets.... Regardless of whether I end up agreeing or not, I want to experience the pack without a lot of bias from the outset.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    Maybe
    I have decided I am a no. The detail and beauty of the objects almost won me over. They are stunning. I would love to have them in my game. However, I want more for my Sims to do and I think I would do this one time and then never go back. I might eventually get it if it goes on sale but for now the price is too high for what you actually get.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member

Yes, I'm going to get it,
  • Saarah06Saarah06 Posts: 20 Member
    No
    No because game packs are too expensive, I'll wait till they ever go on sale for £10
  • NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    Yes
    I loved WA and this is probably as close as we're going to get to it in S4.
  • charlesbergcharlesberg Posts: 88 Member
    Yes
    100% yes. It's the second pack (first being GT) I'm buying on the day of release due to how much it has to offer for what it is.
    Signature here. No here. Never-mind.
  • Stephanie024Stephanie024 Posts: 17 Member
    Yes
    What time is it coming out? I'm not seeing it on origin yet?! 0_0