Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dog Won't Swim?

My dog irl loves to swim and when I made him in the sims I was hoping I could get him to swim but sadly he is terrified of the pool, how can I fix this?

Comments

• zellybeaniezellybeanie Posts: 51 Member
    I’m curious as well. My dog in game is also terrified of the pool. I’m hoping there’s some way to help him get over his fear.
    My gameplay blog: http://zeedunsim.tumblr.com
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Pets have random loves and fears of particular objects. At some point, someone will probably post the cheat codes to add and remove fears. Short of that, probably not much you can do.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    My dog is the opposite, she's obsessed with swimming. Cute but she always shakes herself off and leaves a puddle after. Have to train her not to roll in it (needs a bath) and she also drinks the water.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited November 2017
    My dog irl loves to swim and when I made him in the sims I was hoping I could get him to swim but sadly he is terrified of the pool, how can I fix this?

I'm getting the same issue. I'm wondering if this is a glitch.
    That's not a glitch.....the dog has a fear of the pool.
  • ericapaigexoxoericapaigexoxo Posts: 1 New Member
    I deleted the pool to make the dog more comfortable.
  • MsLisaSMsLisaS Posts: 1 New Member
    I really want my dog to swim too. He is an adult Mastiff so large enough to get in/out of a pool but not a chance! :'(
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited February 2018
    If you turn on testingcheats, shift clicking on a pet will give options like so:
    2ugcs1x.png

So maybe shift clicking on your pet at some point will bring up the pool option so you can have them obsess over the pool.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    If you turn on testingcheats, shift clicking on a pet will give options like so:
    2ugcs1x.png

So maybe shift clicking on your pet at some point will bring up the pool option so you can have them obsess over the pool.

Actually, those two quirks appear every time you shift+click on any pet, no matter where they are or what they're around. I don't know why it's just those two that appear either.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
    My dog loves the pool. He goes swimming in the pool by himself several times a day. Just depends on what random obsessions and fears they have.
  • Sha1996Sha1996 Posts: 1 New Member
    Click on the pool using a sim and click swim with, and then choose the pet.
  • TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Ajax runs outside and plays Loch Ness Monster every chance he gets.
    4vyYBgX.png
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    While a photo of a doggo playing as the Loch Ness monster is great (and so is offering insight on to why the dog is behaving in a certain way) let's please try to keep conversations to actively ongoing discussions - this thread is almost half a year old and there other places we can direct the comments. Thank you! :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top