Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cheat to Change Time of Day Please!

MrSimmisMrSimmis Posts: 1,693 Member
edited April 2015 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Just making a request! It would be awesome if we could just input a time and it jumps to it for us? It is helpful for machinima creators and jumping through boring stuff like waiting for your sims to come home from work! Comment if you agree please!

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yep, but don't know how they could do this since time continues for all Sims in the world. But yes, I like cheats that give me control for my videos.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Isa_MenezesIsa_Menezes Posts: 101 Member
    Hi! I think I saw one the SimGurus changing the hour of the day in one of the lives (I think it was in the Vampire one). As a Storyteller, I reaaaaaaaally need that cheat for changing the hour... Anyone here knows what cheat is that? Thank you, guys! :)
  • CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    I saw that there was a mod showcase the other day that turns day into night in every world. I do hope for one of these cheats because sometimes the nights are too long, unless it may change when it comes to seasons.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Isa_MenezesIsa_Menezes Posts: 101 Member
    It would be great to have a SimGuru for helping us about it... :|
  • FoliaxeFoliaxe Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm no sim guru but I know a cheat to change the time of the day, when in the game press Ctrl, Shift, C, then a little greyish box should pop up. in that box type in:
    'sethour *number from 1 to 24*' without aposthrophe and star or was it
    'SetHour *number from 1 to 24*' without aposthrophe and star... try both!!

GOODLUCK!!

PS. This works in residential lots, it should work in community but I don't know because I haven't tried :P
  • Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    Try:
    (with testingcheats on)
    clock.advance_game_time <hours> <minutes> <seconds>

...Which would advance the game clock by that amount of time.
    The only problem is that it would actually advance the time by that amount and would try to simulate the entire world doing a time-jump or something. (I'm not explaining this very well).
    In other words, advancing the time by 24 hours would likely cause issues.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    edited August 2017
    Foliaxe wrote: »
    I'm no sim guru but I know a cheat to change the time of the day, when in the game press Ctrl, Shift, C, then a little greyish box should pop up. in that box type in:
    'sethour *number from 1 to 24*' without aposthrophe and star or was it
    'SetHour *number from 1 to 24*' without aposthrophe and star... try both!!

GOODLUCK!!

PS. This works in residential lots, it should work in community but I don't know because I haven't tried :P

Are you talking about The Sims 2? I know this cheat and it only in The Sims 2.
    Post edited by EgonVM on
  • MarjiaMarjia Posts: 363 Member

this works in sims 4, just tested it. clock.advance_game_time 2 0 0 moved the clock forward exactly 2 hours.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    MrSimmis wrote: »
    Just making a request! It would be awesome if we could just input a time and it jumps to it for us? It is helpful for machinima creators and jumping through boring stuff like waiting for your sims to come home from work! Comment if you agree please!

Agrees
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,386 Member
    Marjia wrote: »

this works in sims 4, just tested it. clock.advance_game_time 2 0 0 moved the clock forward exactly 2 hours.

Wow I didn't know about that cheat.
  • DiamondPlaysSIMSDiamondPlaysSIMS Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Hadron1776 said:
    > Try:
    > (with testingcheats on) clock.advance_game_time
    >
    > ...Which would advance the game clock by that amount of time.
    > The only problem is that it would actually advance the time by that amount and would try to simulate the entire world doing a time-jump or something. (I'm not explaining this very well).
    > In other words, advancing the time by 24 hours would likely cause issues.

This works, but I recommend being extremely careful with anything more than 20. I did 23 right before work, ended up failing many stats and missing that day of work. BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! I was on an endless call with my angry boss and ended up deleting my sim.
  • DiamondPlaysSIMSDiamondPlaysSIMS Posts: 2 New Member
    Well... Not right before work... The day before.
  • maiziem318maiziem318 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Marjia said:
    > clock.advance_game_time
    >
    > this works in sims 4, just tested it. clock.advance_game_time 2 0 0 moved the clock forward exactly 2 hours.
  • maiziem318maiziem318 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Marjia said:
    > clock.advance_game_time
    >
    > this works in sims 4, just tested it. clock.advance_game_time 2 0 0 moved the clock forward exactly 2 hours.

WARNING: I used this and everything gliched out. The maids weren’t freaking out and talking to the mailboxes! Also your sims will continuously do the same thing over and over! Dont forget to reset them
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I guess we still need the cheat then. I don't want my game to glitch out but I would like to move time forward especially through working hours.
  • MarjiaMarjia Posts: 363 Member
    you have to reset your sims after changing the clock. it's no big deal to click on the sims and hit the button.
    MTS has this feature built in to a mod also which works great.
  • SpaceManBobSpaceManBob Posts: 3 New Member
    Using clock.advance_game_time <hours> <minutes> <seconds> I set my games time forward by 72 hours, my game is fine. All you have to do is wait a few minutes for everything to simulate.
  • bestsimmergirlbestsimmergirl Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Hadron1776 said:
    > Try:
    >
    > The only problem is that it would actually advance the time by that amount and would try to simulate the entire world doing a time-jump or something. (I'm not explaining this very well).

Thanks this helped me
  • LupineGirl1LupineGirl1 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Hadron1776 said:
    > Try:
    >

I've tried this cheat and yes, it does work. However, it is also true that it causes issues. You have the capability to skip several days if you so chose but the issue is that the game does not have the sims take care of themselves. I skip two days ("clock.advance_game_time 48 0 0") and when the game caught up, all of my sims' needs were critically low. I would be wary of going any farther than two days. (I hope this makes sense!)
  • MissSpiffeyMissSpiffey Posts: 212 Member
    Just as a heads up, this cheat no longer seems to work with the Season's Expansion.
    Gallery: #ItzSpiffy - I make custom NoCC Wall Art for the game using only my sim's camera and in-game scenery! I also love building modern mansions among other things.
  • TheSpiritTheWolfTheSpiritTheWolf Posts: 3 New Member
    > @Hadron1776 said:
    > Try:
    >

Are we talking Sims 4 or Sims 3? My sim was gardening for 4 hrs straight, and it was 7 am when she finally stopped, I really don't want to mess up her days and nights.
  • SammieeSammiee Posts: 2 New Member
    yeah this would be helpful mainly with vampire sims. One of my vampire sims died from the sun because he wouldnt go inside. B)
  • Summer_SoldierSummer_Soldier Posts: 1 New Member
    If you right click on the clock at the bottom of the screen a [i]Set Game Time[/i] shows up and you can change the time. I’m fairly certain it only works with the MCCC mod but I could be wrong. I haven’t tried it yet so I don’t know if there are any glitches.
  • Ty3Ty3Ty3Ty3 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have tried this with testingcheats on and it does not work for some 4 how is this not working for me but for you guys?
  • WholikesmypictureWholikesmypicture Posts: 14 New Member
    Or..
    I just found this out; In build mode, there is a button that says the time, click on it to advance the time :)