Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

do you think that the sims team are working on babies?

Comments

• Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
    edited February 2018
    I really hope they would a little bit. I liked babies sim 2 style. They looked like real babies, and you could download CC to dress them in different outfits. You changed them on the chaining table and you could bath them in the sink and looked like a real baby when you interacted with them. You could also leave them on the floor, even though that was generally not a good idea. But a solution when you got twins and could only afford one crib.

So not a lot of content, no skills or mental or physical abilities or anything like that, just make it look like a baby that you can interact a little bit with.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I hope so
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Id honestly rather they fix the bugs in toddlers before they even start on any other life stages. As it is the 7 sim days those are around are theeeee 7 most aggrivating days of my ingame life.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • pixiejuicepixiejuice Posts: 711 Member
    I certainly hope they plan to do *something* with them. At the very very least, give them a full range of genetics (hair/skin/eyes), some changes of clothing, and new cribs. Maybe a new interaction or two? It's ridiculous how neglected these babies are. This (non) life stage has gotten zero attention since launch and TS4 babies are so boring I forget they're even there.

I play on a long lifespan with ages tracked in sim-years, so it doesn't make sense for me to just age the babies up to toddlers right away. I need babies that are a real life stage, not just a prop.
  • SimmerSuper6464SimmerSuper6464 Posts: 224 Member
    No time for babies! I need Seasons and horses first before we get to all that other extra stuff.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I hope they aren't wasting their time on a sim that ages up in three days.

They can still increase days for babies. Nothing is impossible.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I want better babies.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited February 2018
    I really miss being able to do things with babies... carry them around, put cute clothes on them, sit in a rocking chair with them, lay them on a blanket on the ground. They could make a playpen and stroller you could put babies or toddlers in, a swing and changing table for babies, I think if they made babies more playable a lot of people would buy stuff packs for them. Diaper pails, baby bath, cute after bath towels, rattles and baby toys. One of those play mats you put babies on so they can play or look at items over head. It could certainly increase the fun of having babies in the game, like it did for the other sims games. And some of us play with aging off and age manually, so it would certainly increase my fun. I forgot to mention a cute crib, folded blankets you could sit on tables, and even a baby bottle and pacifier as clutter items
  • ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Reposting this from a former post I did in regards to what infants could be in contrast to what they are right now.

I am hoping that the patch releases infants from the bassinet. My dream is to see a more developed personality for the infant. I imagine a pie chart of options that after a day or so of life includes one that says, "place baby on floor". After the baby is placed on its back, we see it rocking a little and eventually it rocks and turns over on its tummy, again after a while the baby can lift its head and gurgles and babbles, then once again the baby starts to crawl, tentatively at first but eventually the baby crawls faster and faster and then gets into trouble like grabbing the base of a floor lamp and causing it to fall. lol the possibilities are endless. Most of all I want to see parents holding infants in the lap while watching tv and maybe bathing them in the sink and a few other choice actions. Infants can be so much more than what they are right now.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited February 2018
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say that babies will never be improved. I make that assertion based on the history of the series. Not much love is ever given to the baby life state, though, IRL, the baby state is a most wonderful time.

It's true that, for those who play on the shortest life span, babies aren't around for long. However, for someone like myself, someone who doesn't advance the timeline until I'm good and ready, babies can be around for months in real time. That's when the baby's complete uselessness in the game and isolation from family life becomes most apparent.

If I had my choice, babies would be more like real life babies. They would be a part of the family that could be sat in one's lap, sung to, played with, breast fed in a way that makes sense. (Who typically stands while breastfeeding?).

Specifically, I would like babies who, first and foremost (for the first time in the history of the series), resemble their parents in some way other than skin tone or eye color. I would like them to be rocked in chairs or to have a choice of a bassinet that rocks. I would like babies who can have different outfits and different accessories such as hair bows, socks, and even earrings for the infant girls. (My culture pierces very early. So, please, no judging.) Once again, I would love it if it were possible to pass a baby from one Sim to another. That TS2 interaction needs to be brought back, ASAP.

Learning begins early. I would love if there were a floor mat object with activities and toys that the baby could interact with. They could even take naps on the mat, in the midst of family activities, instead of being locked away in a bassinet that doesn't allow anything but staring up at the ceiling. Other Sims, child through elder could get down on the floor and play/teach the baby by talking and reading to them. This could count towards their skill progression in toddlerhood.

As time progresses, babies could learn to turn over, scrunch forward, then, eventually, be taught to sit up on their own. All of which would prepare them for the locomotion of the toddler stage.

Other infant objects that I would like to see are functional mobiles, strollers with activities on the tray, baby swings, bouncy chairs, changing tables, and bathtubs. As in real life, those items should be functional well into the toddler stage.

I would also like to see some pack integration. For example, pets can be introduced to the baby, sit and watch the baby, nap with them on the floor, be protective of them. Babies would also make excellent subjects for photography and painting from reference.

There is so much that could be done. Each time that the Sims series does a reset, I expect the game to take a step forward. I expect that the development would push the envelope of what came before. Yet, this time, the game actually went backwards.

So what that the baby stage is short? It's also short in real life. That doesn't mean that it is ignored, nor should it be. I would like some of that attention brought into the game. Heck, if the babies provide compelling play, perhaps, so many players wouldn't be so quick to age them up.

However, regardless of what I think or what I would like, it's not going to happen. At least, it's not going to happen this time. For once, I would love for EA to prove me wrong, though.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Nope, not if the community is silent about it
    a256aFi.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I seriously doubt they'll do much with babies. Now that they've given us toddlers, and seeing how few differences there are between Sims 3 babies and Sims 4 ones... The only things I can remember being 'better' there is that you could lay them in the floor and carry them around. Cant remember if they could use the store content swings or not or if they were just for toddlers. Its been a while since I fought with played Sims 3.

I'd love to see improvements to babies, I just won't be holding my breath.

They could use both the swing and the strollers, but they were in their burrito baby mode -- you couldn't dress them. Looked a bit odd. You could take them places but you were stuck carrying them all the time.

Untitled+1.jpg

Personally, I'd save any improvements on babies at this point to the next iteration of The Sims series, and maybe spend effort on teens (maybe a Teen Stuff Pack with skateboarding.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I don’t mind if babies change or not but I do want better bassinets/cribs. I would really love for there to be cribs instead of bassinets actually. And changing tables for decor if babies don’t change. Just more options to really deck out a nursery and have it look beautiful since you can’t really do much with the actual babies. Cribs, changing tables, rocking chairs, new mobile for above the cribs (different ceiling heights so you can use one in any room) with all the finishes and colors matching. No crazy textures or accents that sometimes make it into this game.

Also when you get to name the baby as it’s first born I wish they would show tiles of the parents and their full names like in the family tree because honestly sometimes I forget who the baby is with (don’t judge) and I have to wait til the baby ages into a toddler to fix the last name.

I really want some nice pastel and wood furniture for babies and toddlers rooms. I really wish we could pick the colors of furniture so everything matches. Like all the furniture have preset wood/metal colors you can choose from then some different patterns/fabrics for things like beds, chairs, couches but that match the other items. So if you really love a bed from one pack you could make it the same preset wood color to match a nightstand from another pack. In this game I really have trouble finding things from different packs that I like to go together. But maybe that’s just me!
  • AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    Oh I don't think they are going to improve babies, but yes I would love just a baby gym!
  • MellifluousMellifluous Posts: 2 New Member
    I highly doubt it. It would be nice if they were a little less like objects, though.
  • x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    Come to think of it, babies should at least have options for clothes. Or different options for a crib/bassinet. They really are treated as “just an object”, and it kinda sucks because are supposed members of the family.

Maybe one day if get some sort of generational-esque ep that would be available?
  • ZaraZara Posts: 115 Member
    Nope babies in the sims 4 are pretty much a piece of furniture and they'll likely stay that way :/
    I make profile pics and signatures for free. hmu if interested.
    kky9DsT.gif
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    To be honest, I was rather fine with babies aging up directly into children. Now I admit that they did a really good job with toddlers, and I'm happy to have them in my game, but at the same time, they fulfill my children-related needs.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Honestly I really don't know but hopefully in the future game they now will know we don't like the babies like this.
  • Honey_Pie_360Honey_Pie_360 Posts: 240 Member
    Lol at op's question
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    Not likely.

ETA:
    But a lovely thought if they were. Imagine Sims 4 infants up to the scale of Sims 4 toddlers - mind boggling beautiful.

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• xXLaneTHD1234XxxXLaneTHD1234Xx Posts: 12 New Member
    Honestly, I hate the newborn life stage in The Sims 4. All because of them being objects and not having the same things as in TS2 and TS3 (eye color, being able to put in any corner of the house and out of the lot and power bathe in sinks, for example). Even though Maxis is not working on babies (which is very likely) I really wanted them to be better, a lot of people say that this is a waste of time, because it is very wasteful to invest in a stage of life that lasts 3 days, but for me and for many would make a lot of difference and would certainly make the game more real and cool. TS4 babies are the most unpleasant of the series, their 3D skin looks more like dolls than babies, not to mention that crying has nothing to do with baby crying. These are my opinions, I really wanted the newborn to be free from the cradle.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I hope not.
  • takenbysheeptakenbysheep Posts: 343 Member
    tbh I'm starting to like how easy babies are in ts4. I see them as a super easy way to have my sims level up their parenting skill and build a solid relationship with the baby before the mayhem of toddlers ensues. I honestly don't think they're being worked on much at all, although it would be cool to see family members able to bring the baby around the house.
  • xXLaneTHD1234XxxXLaneTHD1234Xx Posts: 12 New Member
    Dannydanbo, I did not understand what you meant!