Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just switched to short life span. Are others playing on short?

TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
Believe it or not, normal feels too long right now :D so I'm trying something new.

Comments

• theyellowshoetheyellowshoe Posts: 288 Member

I've been thinking about it, since my simself has a toddler now.
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I've been thinking about it, since my simself has a toddler now.

I believe the time management combined with the chaos of having 2 toddlers and 3 dogs is going to make this really fun for me :D@theyellowshoe
  • aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    Short comes in handy when you can't wait for your sims to age up but don't want to age them up yourself. But I find short makes the population suddenly get old or the old folks suddenly die off.
    aujineh wrote: »
    Short comes in handy when you can't wait for your sims to age up but don't want to age them up yourself. But I find short makes the population suddenly get old or the old folks suddenly die off.

Im fine with that.i have no use for the townies I didn't create. I like that my sims while life will still be fresh in my mind when they die and building generations quickly <3@aujineh

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,848 Member
    I have switched between short and normal a lot in one of my saves and then long just for when I rotated and didn't want to miss anything, it gets things moving nice and quickly :)
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • HaimonaHaimona Posts: 136 Member
    I played on short lifespan on my very first family, but i died before i could complete any of my goals...so yeah...back to long lifespan :expressionless:
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I’m the opposite. I felt normal was too short so I switched to long lifespan. My main save has aging off completely so I can age them at my own pace.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited February 2018
    Normal is fine for me it was close to how I set it with the mod. Short is too short, and long is too long. I did fix a few of the lifespan lengths with MCCC though. I set it as this: baby-3 days, toddler-1 day (I hate this stage and immediately age them up anyway), kid-14 days, teen-14 days, YA-28 days, adult-14 days, and elder 7 days.
  • SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    I'm just now starting to play with aging on.

At first I had it on normal and it stressed me out heavily. I felt like time was flying by and I had no time to do anything, so I went with the Long lifespan.
    I toggle it on and off even, mainly with the world outside of the home I'm playing.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I'm the exact opposite, with the MC Command mod, I have altered the age spans so that my sims live a very long time. I play rotationally and this gives me time to do everything I need to with each household.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • theyellowshoetheyellowshoe Posts: 288 Member

My simself has accomplished almost all skills, so many job requirements, etc., it's time for a challenge. I figure a toddler & a cat will be enough, for now.
    s6e07-dash-smile.gif

Yes I'm a Brony!
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I never really did short on Sims 3 or 4. I felt it was too cruel to shorten my sims' lifespans like that.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • gabriellegabrielle Posts: 260 Member
    I always play on long.
    tumblr_mn9sw7o3jo1r0f8vho1_500.gif
    I couldn't play a long life span, it just will never appeal to me :) I have had to learn what I like and what I dont like for sure <3
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I wish it was possible to customize aging like you could in TS3, and manually choose how many days for toddlers, children, teens etc., but I usually play on normal. As for toddlers, I always bake a cake and help them blow out the lights. Works fine, even if their birthday is far away. xD
  • SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member
    Stutum wrote: »
    I wish it was possible to customize aging like you could in TS3, and manually choose how many days for toddlers, children, teens etc., but I usually play on normal. As for toddlers, I always bake a cake and help them blow out the lights. Works fine, even if their birthday is far away. xD

Yah, that's one thing I wish we had [customizing aging]. and yah on long, I just make a cake if I'm done with the life stage. lol
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Absolutely not. Is no point to me as the Sims is not a game that ever ends and it takes forever to get the sims to where I want them so I play with aging off most of the time and age the Sims up when I feel they are ready.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

To each their own :) I don't like to play families long. The only time I actually like that is in sims 2, where I am now playing it for nostalgia and go back and play the old school sims and expand on their stories .

But in Sims 4 , I want to get as many generations as possible. And want their lives to go by quickly .Again its just how I like to play . Ive been figuring out what works for me and what does not ;)@Writin_Reg
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Playing on short can be a lot of fun! There’s definitely a different rythmn/stratagey involved to playing on it. I’ve had short Legacy families in the past and will probably have them again in the future.
    ~ ~ ~
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I play on short. Always have because I get bored easily. It works better for me to play on short. I've added a mod from Modthesims to speed up career levels slightly to match the shorter life span and that works just grand for me. Also, because their lives are shorter money seems to accumulate slower so it feels more realistic to me. On the longer life span they are usually rich by the end of the first generation for me usually.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    @duhboy2u2 I think short mode is really fun. Im taking a break from playing now but can't wait to get back to my game....
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited February 2018
    I normally play on normal lifespan, but I have one save where I play on short. I wanted to see if I could reach 10 generations this way. I'm on generation six now. I really enjoyed it at first, but now it feels like the sim lives are just passing by and there's not much time to do anything, except get them ready for the next generation.
    Post edited by musteni on
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I've never played on short before. I've always played on normal because it's just about right (for me). When I played on long, I got bored of the household I was playing with and switched it back to normal.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,513 Member
    I prefer playing on Long and aging up my Sims when I see fit. It's a control thing, I'm sure. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimmerSuper6464SimmerSuper6464 Posts: 224 Member
    edited February 2018
    I use short because I am not the most paitient person. ;)