Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Oh my gosh. The pen pal idea sounds fun. :D
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    alana is still alana. she has a whim to be nice to anthony so she decided to shout forbidden words at him instead. i think thats the opposite.
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    So how would you explain to somehow about how in the game itself your sims birth and raise children?

I'd probably just say that it's a game that simulates life. You could go into more detail, but I feel like most people would understand with that.

I did say the game simulated life but he still didn't get that we have our sims get pregnant and have children who go on to get pregnant and have their own children....

Well, that's a part of a lot of people's lives, so maybe saying that would help? What part confused him the most?

I could just say it's a "Circle of Life" game which I control (almost) the entire life cycle of my characters.

I feel like that's pretty much the same as saying 'life simulator', but if you think that it would help better get your point across, then go for it. Has the person you're trying to explain this to had any experience with video games? Could you show him pictures to help illustrate your point?

He has seen pictures from my game that showcase parts of my story..

I'm honestly not sure how you could explain it, then. :sweat: Sorry I wasn't of much help!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    WHAT? Someone made crutches pose now? First it was a cane one and now this? (I'm not counting wheelchairs)
    6adMCGP.gif
    for anyone who has read my entire Swanson story-could someone recreate Cora sim for me?
    6adMCGP.gif
    for anyone who has read my entire Swanson story-could someone recreate Cora sim for me?

what happend to her?

what happend to her?

I couldn't find her grave in time and her ghost got culled from the save.
    6adMCGP.gif

what happend to her?

when munter gets here ask him if he can remake her for you. he remade a sim for me once with just a screenshot.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I haven't finished the Swanson story yet. I'm only at 2.12. I can't remember who Cora is so maybe i haven't seen them yet? ^^;;
  • msbeckycatmsbeckycat Posts: 3,445 Member
    Just finished week 2 for Kiara's Legacy just need to post the last post
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I am for sure joining! I recently created a blog for my Simlits! 1 for Sims 3 and 2 for Sims 4 (though i may start up new Simlits in the future). I'm still missing my last S4 story. All i have is a legacy for S3 and a story for Sims 4 relating to the backstory of my original characters (which i will commit to more as these characters have some pretty in depth backstories lol).
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

what happend to her?

Hi @MadameLee ! I'd be happy to have a go at recreating Cora, if you send me a full body and a close-up pic of her. When would you need her by? It may take me till some time next week to recreate her, because this week is a little busy for me.
    edited February 2018
    I don't have a close up picture of her (excluding a diary journal entry of hers) or a full body picture (except for looking at a pregnancy test with the twin) and that's more like half a picture. But I don't need her for quite awhile (Gen 10)-besides it can wait until after the mini-collab..which reminds me..I need to talk to you about..

6adMCGP.gif
    I don't have a close up picture of her (excluding a diary journal entry of hers) or a full body picture (except for looking at a pregnancy test with the twin) and that's more like half a picture. But I don't need her for quite awhile (Gen 10)-besides it can wait until after the mini-collab..which reminds me..I need to talk to you about..

Yes. Feel free to pm me. :)
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited February 2018

what happened to her?

Been ages and pages since I wandered into here. Sorry your ghost got the heave-ho. Spilled milk now but from time to time try pulling a copy of your save from the folder and storing it elsewhere. This way if something like that happens you can roll back a bit. I assume you tried loading older saves. The folder does keep up to 9, I think. You'd lose progress between an older save and where you left off but you can get your Sim back from the grave before it's too late.

@simscognito Well I did stomp in here for other reasons. I see you have met my housemate @Park.

MotorMouth Alert!

Like a lawnmower that, after you pull the rope, you discover has no Off Switch.

You Been Warned, Fella!!!!

Actually I'm kidding. Kimmy eventually runs outta hot air. :D

BAHAHAHAHA
    @Miki waves at her
    6adMCGP.gif
    @Miki waves at her

Waves Back.

Hope all's well for you now that we're a month removed from Holiday Time. I love that time of year but it's really only special because it's so short. Kinda like the fall leaves. Vibrant colors for a week, maybe two then Show's Over.

That's it for Off Topic from me. Carry On Guys and Dolls!
    Miki wrote: »
    @Miki waves at her

Waves Back.

Hope all's well for you now that we're a month removed from Holiday Time. I love that time of year but it's really only special because it's so short. Kinda like the fall leaves. Vibrant colors for a week, maybe two then Show's Over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL9lhzvQV1M
    6adMCGP.gif
    @Miki waves at her

Waves Back.

https://ww.youtube.com/watch?v=HL9lhzvQV1M

I just got it! You WERE quick on the draw with that one! THANKS!!

what happened to her?

Been ages and pages since I wandered into here. Sorry your ghost got the heave-ho. Spilled milk now but from time to time try pulling a copy of your save from the folder and storing it elsewhere. This way if something like that happens you can roll back a bit. I assume you tried loading older saves. The folder does keep up to 9, I think. You'd lose progress between an older save and where you left off but you can get your Sim back from the grave before it's too late.

@simscognito Well I did stomp in here for other reasons. I see you have met my housemate @Park.

MotorMouth Alert!

Like a lawnmower that, after you pull the rope, you discover has no Off Switch.

You Been Warned, Fella!!!!

Actually I'm kidding. Kimmy eventually runs outta hot air. :D

BAHAHAHAHA

Hi @Miki Nice to meet you. :) Yep, I've met @Park. She's pretty awesome. :)
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I am for sure joining! I recently created a blog for my Simlits! 1 for Sims 3 and 2 for Sims 4 (though i may start up new Simlits in the future). I'm still missing my last S4 story. All i have is a legacy for S3 and a story for Sims 4 relating to the backstory of my original characters (which i will commit to more as these characters have some pretty in depth backstories lol).

@LyricSimsz15 Welcome. I'm sure you'll get an official welcome from @CathyTea or @friendsfan367 but I thought I'd say hi. :) What kinds of SimLit do you write?
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,088 Member

Hi, @LyricSimsz15 ! Welcome to the Writers' Lounge! When you're ready for readers, please share the link for your blog! That's neat you're writing in TS3 and TS4!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    edited February 2018
    Oh my gosh. The pen pal idea sounds fun. :D

@TheYayToast Nice to see you over in the lounge. :) Yep, the pen pal project is a great idea.

@LyricSimsz15 Welcome! I agree with @CathyTea . Writing both Ts3 and Ts4 stories sound awesome, especially since both platforms influence different creative possibilities, especially regarding screenshots and plots; at least, that's what I've noticed when moving from ts3 stories to ts4 stories, not that I published any of my early ones ( @Bugsie2016 knows why - they were pretty bad XD - I let her peak at some of my oldies).

Oh yay complicated backstories! I love those! :smiley:
  • LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member

@LyricSimsz15 Welcome. I'm sure you'll get an official welcome from CathyTea or friendsfan367 but I thought I'd say hi. :) What kinds of SimLit do you write?

I didn't know there were different types of SimLits.. :D
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!

@LyricSimsz15 Welcome. I'm sure you'll get an official welcome from CathyTea or friendsfan367 but I thought I'd say hi. :) What kinds of SimLit do you write?

I didn't know there were different types of SimLits.. :D

hi lyric. i'm trying to convince myself cookies aren't dinner so i made a egg.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top