Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

February Patch Speculation 2018 (Out Now New skintones,new female hair and shirt)

Comments

• Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Seemed to imply? Did he or didn't he? And Unisex was not a BIG UPDATE TO THE BASE GAME. Update, yes, big, no. I don't see a lot of talk about sims wearing any genders clothes. And toddlers were planned from the start but could not be implemented in time for release. So, they continued to work on them until they were the best version they could be. Then and only then, were they added.

You need to stop with all the misinformation you put out. It's not facts but wishful thinking.

Are you crazy? Unisex was definitely a huge update. They worked on it for over a year and redesigned over 700 cas features.

That's like saying color wheel wouldn't be a big update.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    graventhe wrote: »
    We're sadly only getting 1 GP this quarter so where that romance themed coming from ?

I'm not sure how usable cars will work with current game engine, also there was a survey for Cars GP so I don't think they'll patch that for free
    But I'm expecting something big, but not as big as toddlers, some valentine day items is expected also..

Romance Themed could be added for free like toddlers

But you have already seen the quartely teaser, and if you are getting any free content like that they have to be in the teaser, remember? Only paid content can be left out of the teasers.

I think you got it the other way around, because toddlers weren't in last year's teaser, even if it was released a week before the toddler patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfScmaHqStE

True, but I'm just going by what SimGuruGraham said about patched content having to be in the quarterly teasers. And paid content can be added any time they want to talk about it if they are ready.

Let me clarify. Unpaid content has to be RELEASED in the same quarter its announced in otherwise they dont get to claim the profits.

Nothing is stopping them from not announcing it, but if they do it has to be released in thr same quarter.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    You know what would be a good addition? Chinese New Year stuff! It’s in February this year and I know they did Diwali. It would be fun to see some other cultural holidays represented.

THIS would be AMAZING. (secretly hoping for a chinese dragon costume for the small dogs but I know thats never gonna happen) but I would LOVE for the sims team to do more cultural things. I know we got some Japanese cas with City Living but I would love more cultural things, preferably both cas and build items. I was in love with most of the cultural sets that were on the sims 3 store, especially the maroccan and African ones.
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited January 2018
    Hmmm... GP06 patch with a few of 18th anniversary content.

Last year we got the Toddler Update with the Vampires Prepatch.

At this stage I can't imagine something, I let Maxis surprise me.

I'm still hoping for cars early this year.

Maybe they are too busy to help the Console team to port the other packs...
    Hmmm... GP06 patch with a few of 18th anniversary content.

Last year we got the Toddler Update with the Vampires Prepatch.

At this stage I can't imagine something, I let Maxis surprise me.

I'm still hoping for cars early this year.

Maybe they are too busy to help the Console team to port the other packs...

I hope not :( that would mean no free stuff with the feb patch :(
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    PC team has nothing to do with Console nor Mobile teams. They are very very different teams working on different stuffs.
    Things are slower, that's it.
    In my opinions they are deliberately trying to avoid what's been in the past. And failing, miserably! Because as for toddlers, teen, season, etc. the demand is so high they cannot turn a deaf ear. They went all WRONG releasing a base game without the most wanted and used contents. If they'd do so, people would have been happier to buy stuff packs that added new things, not old stuff given for granted after 3 editions of the same game.

In the end, I think that Valentines stuff won't be released for free but I hope for something cool, because this game is annoying me too much lately.
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I would like some new careers that the Sims could go to like a Teaching career and a Fashion or Modeling career even a real office job where you could hire employees would be nice, tired of the old careers.
    candy8 wrote: »
    I would like some new careers that the Sims could go to like a Teaching career and a Fashion or Modeling career even a real office job where you could hire employees would be nice, tired of the old careers.

Think thats a bit too much for a free update. like a normal career oke but one you can go to work with... bit much perhaps.
    I'd be over the moon with regular jobs like Teaching,fashion, fireman etc
    My sims 4 wishlist:
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    Basegames :

The Sims: 10 careers
    The Sims 2: 10 careers
    The Sims 3: 16 careers

The Sims 4: 15 careers

I doubt they will add careers.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'd be happy if the added SELF EMPLOYED. Your sim can own a restaurant and still be considered unemployed.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I'd be happy if the added SELF EMPLOYED. Your sim can own a restaurant and still be considered unemployed.

They might save that for a Hobbies/FreeTime Game Pack
    a256aFi.gif
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    For everyone saying that car can’t work because not all lots have access to the road: there is a simple solution to this. Just have it back out of the driveway and fade out. No need for roads just fade out and go to the loading screen.
    dogboy678 wrote: »
    For everyone saying that car can’t work because not all lots have access to the road: there is a simple solution to this. Just have it back out of the driveway and fade out. No need for roads just fade out and go to the loading screen.

What does the driveway connect to? Or does it just stop at the lot edge?
  • TaktischeMPTaktischeMP Posts: 34 Member
    Wow. A lot of negativity going on here. This is under the speculation category. If it was confirmed, there would be nothing to speculate. No one should be slammed for expressing their ideas.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited January 2018
    Graham is hinting toward the patch with icons a pest extermination company uses. Its called Axis funny enough. (M)Axis is going on a bug extermination spree. Finally
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    [quote="Dannydanbo;c-16289251"][quote="dogboy678;c-16289241"]For everyone saying that car can’t work because not all lots have access to the road: there is a simple solution to this. Just have it back out of the driveway and fade out. No need for roads just fade out and go to the loading screen.[/quote]

What does the driveway connect to? Or does it just stop at the lot edge?[/quote]

It could make sense I mean cars CAN drive on other terrain than asphalt :)
    Alve wrote: »

What does the driveway connect to? Or does it just stop at the lot edge?

It could make sense I mean cars CAN drive on other terrain than asphalt :)

In real life, yes. But this isn't real life. In the Sims, cars need a route to follow. With some houses having no roads close by, how do they route the car if they don't know where you might place your driveway?
  • MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member

I feel like people would be still pretty upset about that...
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    Hoping we get the Patch on Thursday. This will depend on when GP 6 is getting released.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Hoping we get the Patch on Thursday. This will depend on when GP 6 is getting released.

Hope they announce romantic garden stuff for console today.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Why is he going to the trouble of teasing us for a free content update? As far as I know, no other free content update was teased. They might have been leaked, sure, but I don't think previous free content was teased.
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Why is he going to the trouble of teasing us for a free content update? As far as I know, no other free content update was teased. They might have been leaked, sure, but I don't think previous free content was teased.

The repairman was teased a day before it came out.

And he was just trolling so.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member

The repairman was teased a day before it came out.

And he was just trolling so.

For sure? That was just a straight up troll? Awe man. Seriously?
    He was just having some fun. We're the ones that went off the deep end, as usual.
    I like how people always get disappointed because of stuff they make up themselves x'D someone on the sims team does 1 tiny thing and BAM seasons or new pack confirmed x'D
    My sims 4 wishlist: