Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All packs prices increased by on many countries

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @PolluxSims that's not likely to happen. there's nothing like that in Canada you can only get eps in stores

If it's anything like with books, physical printing, storage and distribution actually add very little to cost of production. It's almost 100% creative costs and overhead.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Would be great if there was at least an official statement telling us about the price changes. Instead of just dropping it on us.

Even if there was an official statement, it doesn’t make sense.

Yes it does make sense. When exchange rates go up they have to change prices. I understand that it suck but if they didn’t do this they would be losing money.
    Ah. There was an announcement and explanation by EA, last Friday. It just never percolated into the Sims community before today.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-extra-content-price-changes/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Ah. There was an announcement and explanation by EA, last Friday. It just never percolated farther into the Sims community before today.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/the-sims-4-extra-content-price-changes/
  • BieberFever975BieberFever975 Posts: 105 Member
    Wow so annoyed by this price increase, and without any warning either! Bet they had this planned out right when the new stuff pack got released. Once again Canada having to over pay for everything. Will only be buying future packs during sales from now on.
  • Jonathan777Jonathan777 Posts: 170 Member
    Even with the warning, it's still a disgrace that the prices have gone up that much :/
    oNPKztK.jpg
    LOVE IS LOVE - Gilbert and Bruno Ferro
    He/They
  • FredraFredra Posts: 42 Member
    Oryginal text:

"Friday, 12 January 2018
    The Sims 4 extra content prices for Mac and PC will be updated starting on January 15, 2018."

and now the same on polish side
    "wtorek, 16 stycznia 2018
    Ceny zawartości dodatkowej The Sims 4 na komputery PC i Mac ulegną zmianie z dniem 15 stycznia 2018 r."

Look at dates. Not cool.
    ID: granatoweszklo

Sorry for my english, still learning
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    The price for expansions had already increased in the UK from Cats and dogs. Does that mean it’s going to increase again?
  • Jonathan777Jonathan777 Posts: 170 Member
    edited January 2018
    The price for expansions had already increased in the UK from Cats and dogs. Does that mean it’s going to increase again?

I don't think so, seeing as all the EPs are now priced at £34.99 up from £29.99, the GPs are now £17.99 up from £14.99 and the SPs are now £9.99 up from £7.99, I'm finished with EA.
    oNPKztK.jpg
    LOVE IS LOVE - Gilbert and Bruno Ferro
    He/They
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

I don't think so, seeing as all the EPs are now priced at £34.99 up from £29.99, the GPs are now £17.99 up from £14.99 and the SPs are now £9.99 up from £7.99, I'm finished with EA.

And yet the console version hasn’t increased. My niece will be happy.
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    edited January 2018
    I think we will have to wait a little while till we start to see discounts again.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Given that we had a price increase on GPs and EPs a while ago in the UK I was wondering if it would also happen to SPs.
    Luckily for me I'm now being very selective about which packs I buy as I've got most of what I want for this game - just waiting on seasons, celebs and further vacation packs.
    If however I was the kind to buy every pack I'd have a real problem; I did pay £9.99 earlier for laundry because it's a must-have feature for me, though I'm not happy about the increase, but as I said, luckily there aren't many more packs I want now.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    These prices are so plumming ridiculous, £34.99 for an EP, £17.99 for a GP and £9.99 for a SP, that's just complete robbery.

That’s how much Americans pay though....

Not after you factor in the exchange rate;
    Today's exchange rates:
    £9.99 = $13.79
    £17.99 = $24.83
    £34.99 = $48.28
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    dogboy678 wrote: »
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Would be great if there was at least an official statement telling us about the price changes. Instead of just dropping it on us.

Even if there was an official statement, it doesn’t make sense.

Yes it does make sense. When exchange rates go up they have to change prices. I understand that it suck but if they didn’t do this they would be losing money.

...... I think EA has a little extra money it can spare.... Lol
    Is the increase only for the sims? What are the prices for other EA games? And did they go up too? Just curious.
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    @surraaaaaa it's the only EA game that increased in prices
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    EA is probably trying to make up for Battlefronts 2 profit loss. But yeah I feel you guys lucky as an Australian I don't have to deal with the price increase but $15 is still pushing it for me.
  • GeopheryGeophery Posts: 18 Member
    > @NorthDakotaGamer said:
    >
    > The exchange rate is one reason I constantly see Canadians in our stores regularly on weekends and it is worse during holidays. I kind of figured this was a reason I can never find the games (even the download code cards) in-store anymore.

Since most of us in Manitoba live at least an hour away from the border when we get very bored we decide to head down for the heck of it. Plus you guys have Target and we don't anymore...
  • yellowreeyellowree Posts: 126 Member
    @surraaaaaa it's the only EA game that increased in prices

Thats not right. That really isn't right.
    *pees ur pants*
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    This must be hard for Ea to have to try and keep everyone happy with all the different currencies and some countries that are in financial problems, I know that South africa is almost in junk status with their money so am not surprised to hear their prices went up, but its also a give and go situation, for instance. New Zealand had a price drop in 2015, we used to pay 10 dollars more per stuff, game and expansion pack then out neighbors Australia, but then our dollar got stronger and was almost identical and we had a price drop. It can't be easy having to make those decisions, but we should really look at our currency before complaining. Our own country is the reason for a price drop or rise, to tell you the truth there is never a good time to announce the rise as well, if it was a week before people would have been upset and cause it was on the day people are upset. I guess we need to try and think how they feel as well. Happy simming everyone <3
  • PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    PolluxSims wrote: »
    Another suggestion some people could try: see if anybody local (or if anyone close by on like eBay?) is selling any used physical game copies, and buy them? Obviously that doesn't fix this whole problem, but it might be worth looking into, for those who still want some expansions but can't pay the new prices.

The game codes aren't resellable - they won't work if they've been used before.

Ooh that's right, physical copies just come with a code you put into Origin or something now right? Instead of just a disc.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Its true that it is because of the economy. The problem is it was never worth the full price to begin with the stuff packs are 9.99 witch are in my opinion there a decent price. The only problem I have is 51.99 for half baked exp packs. Plus if this was the USD dollar converted to CAD why is it 51.99 and not 49.99 cause that would be the difference. Also Id like to point out that when the economy gets better packs don't go back down.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yeah i was super choked to find Stuff Packs went from $10.99 to $12.99 where i am. I only set aside $12 in my entertainment account to make sure i had enough after tax (yeah im that broke) soooo now i get to wait. Probably for the best i guess
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • itslouisitslouis Posts: 24 Member
    > @Cheekybits said:
    > Also Id like to point out that when the economy gets better packs don't go back down.

THIS!

There is no way that they're losing money on The Sims 4 and yet they still cut corners, fail to fix bugs and charge you more for patch-worth content

I'm officially predicting the "5th Storey Stuff Pack" and "Spiral Staircase Stuff Pack"
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    My Origin says 99 SEK which is what all stuff packs have cost?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top