Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you purchasing Laundry Day stuff?

Comments

• yellowreeyellowree Posts: 126 Member
    Certainly!
    > @flintylime59 said:
    > Gonna wait for Lazy Game Reviews to do a review, then I'll decide.

How do I upload a picture so it pops up when I post in a forum?

You must become a full member first. You need 50 points, 30 posts, and an account older than 24 hours. Please keep the question on-topic, and related to your vote. However, when you do become a full member, you must click the image button and insert the image URL.
    *pees ur pants*
  • pAnDabEar321pAnDabEar321 Posts: 151 Member
    Maybe.
    I don't know... At first it seemed like a good idea considering I'm getting kind of bored with the gameplay right now. But now I'm thinking, do I really want to pay $10 to watch my Sims wash clothes for 30 seconds?
    12N7HsEBduWvsc.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Certainly!
    I was a "probably" until I read on SimsVIP about all the little extra features that they added. Laundry, if left on the floor too long, will get stinky. You can add stuff (softner?) to your laundry. Lint left in dryers too long will catch on fire. (better add a fire detector to the laundry room) Plus all the laundry décor. And, if you want more ECO or poorer sims, there's the wash tub and clothesline.

Then there's all the great country stuff and clothes for my sims. This pack adds more than I thought it was going to.
  • Xlaw10Xlaw10 Posts: 41 Member
    Probably not.
    I can't comfortably keep purchasing this side stuff out of the vain hope that it'll hold me over until the real content like cars, weather, and college is added. I'm no longer convinced any of it is coming reasonably soon and I'm no longer willing to spend money on things like laundry or bowling to distract myself from the wait. Let's see how long I last before I cave in again and buy this just to keep my interest alive. Wish me luck.

I love the gurus and everyone on the team over there, but maybe hold off on including more one-off, voted in, non-impactful content until you've covered more of the basics. Great work on everything actually in the game so far, but things are moving way too slowly to be making a detour over to laundry like this. All just my opinion, of course.
  • kellzakellza Posts: 197 Member
    Probably.
    Although I didn't vote for laundry (I wanted one of the other eco-options) pretty much everything CAS and build/buy I voted for made it in, so I'll most likely end up getting it.
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    Probably not.
    I voted "probably not", because for me there is nothing interesting in laundry. The Simdays are too short for another not very nice realistic "housework"... First of all I playing this game for romantic stories, I do not have time for laundry. ;)
    And... Maybe for You it's a cheap extension, but in my country the game is expensive. For one Stuff Pack my friend must work 5-6 hours in a convenient store! My job is slightly better but still... I prefer other packs, for example Romantic Garden (I got only 4 stuff packs right now, so there are many things to buy). :)
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    Certainly!
    Definitely, especially after watching the livestream!
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Certainly!
    Benincasa wrote: »
    I get that people want more realism in the game, but laundry is boring in real life and I doubt it will be exciting in a video game. Sorry. I played a game called Singles which is somewhat similar to The Sims and they had to do laundry and it was not exciting... So no, I don't get the hype around the laundry pack thing.

Sometimes it's not about exciting -- sometimes it's just about normalcy, adding things to give a certain routine. The washboard and tub at least is something that jazzes up the chore a bit, and I like the clothesline option as well.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Probably not.
    I don't see anything in the pack that I like. I guess we'll see.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • flintylime59flintylime59 Posts: 70 Member
    Maybe.
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Gonna wait for Lazy Game Reviews to do a review, then I'll decide.

I'll save you the time, it's a stuff pack, he'll hate it.

Poor Ralph...
    "Embrace your flaws, work on your flaws, and don't be ashamed of having any flaws."

-Felix Kjellberg
  • jojosimmernyjojosimmerny Posts: 30 Member
    Certainly!
    Yes, I'm planning on buying it but probably not on the day it comes out
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited January 2018
    Maybe.
    I voted Maybe because I'm still not very interested in the general topic of the pack, but after seeing the live stream with all those cool new objects and clothes, I might actually lean more towards Probably now. We'll see.

In the end I'll get all of them anyway, but in some cases I prefer to wait for a sale, or bug fixes.
  • AnjaSAnjaS Posts: 15 Member
    Maybe.
    I might, but I'm not sure yet, I guess I'll wait for the reviews of the contents to come and then I'll decide.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Probably not.
    I voted Maybe because I'm still not very interested in the general topic of the pack, but after seeing the live stream with all those cool new objects and clothes, I might actually lean more towards Probably now. We'll see.

In the end I'll get all of them anyway, but in some cases I prefer to wait for a sale, or bug fixes.

A sale for Stuff packs? Good luck finding one.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Probably.

Well several of them were down to 50% off over Xmas. At least in Europe.
    So if you're willing to wait until Easter, maybe...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    Certainly!
    Honestly, like I said before I understand if people aren't "thrilled" about the pack. Just like the majority I just saw the pack as simple laundry stuff and it being very simplistic. Though, the live stream showed that they put a lot more detail than I ever expected. It's a tiny bit more than just a chore as it gives some dynamic to the gameplay. The objects give me serious Sims 3 vibe, however, I do not know why.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Certainly!

Once or twice a year at least Origin seems to have --% off storewide sales that include stuffpacks.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited January 2018
    Probably.
    I finally got to watch the two hour stream and my probably has changed to a certainly. The level of detail is great. The clothing styles and furniture is more of what I've been waiting for. That sink and wash tub!
    I loved that they stressed that laundry isn't all that intrusive.. and of course not intrusive at all in homes you chose not to have it in every sim home.
    I see many non-cleaned lint traps in my sims futures... extra soap in the washing machine... low mechanical skill... child labor... stinky uncomfortable dark basements... I could go on...
    Or I could always try playing like a normal person.
    egTcBMc.png
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Probably not.
    $10 for laundry? :(
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Probably.
    I'd like to see the full details of the pack first IE the decor and clothing, but I'm no doubt going to add this to my collection eventually...hmmm a definitely for me would be for woohoo on the dryer lol
  • SophiaBlissSophiaBliss Posts: 51 Member
    Certainly!
    I love the cas and build items and can't wait to have another useful room to add to my house.
  • Toadette12Toadette12 Posts: 193 Member
    No way! So not purchasing!
    No, it's just never been something that's interested me in the Sims series. I can see why it appeals to people though, for the realism aspect. I am surprised though that it has a whole stuff pack dedicated to it, whereas in the Sims 3 it was an added extra in an expansion pack.
    TS4_EP04_WebQuiz_04.jpg
  • joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Probably.
    I watched the live stream the other day, so....um....yeah, I am certainly getting it now! Looking forward to it!!
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    Certainly!
    For me that six seater round table is worth the cost of admission! :p Love that entryway storage unit also.
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    Certainly!
    Yes I will buy it.

I can think of so much more that could have been added to this stuff pack. Never-the-less, it is always nice to have additional touches of realism in my game. I love the female hairstyles. And any stuff pack that will give my sims more to do, is a plus for me. This could have been a freebie/base game feature. On the other hand, it is a stuff pack, which to me just equates to some extra stuff. So,since it happens to be stuff that I like/will use, I will chalk it (the $10..00) up to a fast food meal that I did not need.