Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cameras are now base game.

Now that cameras are base game is it updated to take pictures of toddlers? Can we take pictures of our pets? Can we take pictures with our pets and toddlers? Can we upload them to simstagram? I feel like they would have told us if we could but it would be cool if we could or if these features could be added in. Or are they added in? Has anyone checked?

Comments

• dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    Also does it upset people that some people had to pay for photography. I’m not to mad about it but one of the reasons I did buy get to work was for the photography. So now that people don’t have to pay it’s just kinda meh. Again I don’t care that much it just seems kind weird.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    dogboy678 wrote: »
    Now that cameras are base game is it updated to take pictures of toddlers? Can we take pictures of our pets? Can we take pictures with our pets and toddlers? Can we upload them to simstagram? I feel like they would have told us if we could but it would be cool if we could or if these features could be added in. Or are they added in? Has anyone checked?

I don't think so. Like you said, they would have mentioned it. All it says is:
    Photography has been made available to all players.
    The Barely Better Digital Camera, Appreciably Average Digital Camera, and Crystal Clear Digital Camera objects are now available in Build Mode.
    The Cell Phone interactions: Take Selfie, Take Photo With, Take Photo Of, and Take Photo, are available under from the cell phone entertainment menu.
    Photography Skill can be learned by your Sims up to a skill level of 5.
    Photos taken with the camera can have frames added to them.
    Place the photo in the world, click on it, and select Add Frame.
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    It does seem a bit weird but also I'm pretty sure you can take pictures of your pets so they probably did it so that for those who buy cats & dogs, you can raise your photography skill taking pics of your pets. :)
    MrMonty96 wrote: »

I don't think so. Like you said, they would have mentioned it. All it says is:
    Photography has been made available to all players.
    The Barely Better Digital Camera, Appreciably Average Digital Camera, and Crystal Clear Digital Camera objects are now available in Build Mode.
    The Cell Phone interactions: Take Selfie, Take Photo With, Take Photo Of, and Take Photo, are available under from the cell phone entertainment menu.
    Photography Skill can be learned by your Sims up to a skill level of 5.
    Photos taken with the camera can have frames added to them.
    Place the photo in the world, click on it, and select Add Frame.

You’re probably right. But I do have a feeling they made it base game so they could update the photography system. So have a feeling we will being seeing these features in the future.
    samemie wrote: »
    It does seem a bit weird but also I'm pretty sure you can take pictures of your pets so they probably did it so that for those who buy cats & dogs, you can raise your photography skill taking pics of your pets. :)

Ya I hope so. I guess we’ll see in a few days!
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member

What I meant was I have seen the option to 'Simstagram pet' in a few places so unless they're removed that option (or unless I dreamt it!) then that is definitely a feature that's coming :)

What I meant was I have seen the option to 'Simstagram pet' in a few places so unless they're removed that option (or unless I dreamt it!) then that is definitely a feature that's coming :)

Well ya I just thought that was like when you had the option to take a selfie base game but you didn’t actually see the photo. But you’re right I did see that!
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I'm not too upset. You still need Get to Work for the Photo booth and others have mentioned about pets so maybe it needed to be moved to work. And hey, now base-game players can have fun with giant pics of their weddings. :)
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    It kinda upsets me that its free now because the main reason I bought Get to Work was for the photography..
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I would necessarily say it's upsetting that the skill has been moved to base game as now those who cannot afford expansions ca enjoy it, but it does devalue get to work for me. The detective career doesn't work (it's unplayable for me), and now my favourite feature from the pack is free. Feels like I threw money away a little bit. The patch overall is great this month though, I'm very excited to play around with the roofs :)
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I would necessarily say it's upsetting that the skill has been moved to base game as now those who cannot afford expansions ca enjoy it, but it does devalue get to work for me. The detective career doesn't work (it's unplayable for me), and now my favourite feature from the pack is free. Feels like I threw money away a little bit. The patch overall is great this month though, I'm very excited to play around with the roofs :)

I agree
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Hoping for the same update on the console version next month.
    Also does it upset people that some people had to pay for photography. I’m not to mad about it but one of the reasons I did buy get to work was for the photography. So now that people don’t have to pay it’s just kinda meh. Again I don’t care that much it just seems kind weird.

I feel like this should have been in the base game. Yes I have GTW and enjoy this feature immensely.
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I'm not upset most families I get attached to get their own family trees in the main house and of course saving a copy of that house will save the photos so you can take it to a new save if you have to. I'm glad that everyone can use that maybe they had problems and it was supposed to be base game just taking a picture but it's a minor thing to take and make free but then I also got to take advantage of the free UC and there could have been some people much more bitter about us getting all that for free than the ability to take pictures.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    edited November 2017
    Also I hope this means later they will patch in the ability to take pictures of toddlers and family pictures
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
    For those who are getting this skill and photography for the first time this is different from take friendly picture together which is still under friendly. You still won't be able to get those pics added to your inventory and hang them with friendly pic together. You will if you use the camera or the camera phone.

Skill level 5 gives you the best pics. Poor pics might be blurry,have a finger in front of them or a gnome in the pics.

So to cap the take friendly picture together that came with the base game is still there and can still be used.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    It kinda upsets me that its free now because the main reason I bought Get to Work was for the photography..

It's kind of whatever for me. Sims 3 did something very similar. Photography was in University life and World Adventures. But they never patched it in.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Is it legal to give away content other people paid for?
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Thats pretty cool. But why was this feature chosen for a free patch?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

They obviously wouldn't have done it if it wasn't legal.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

Of course it's legal lol.

Happens all the time. That's why Origin does on the house sales all the time.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I think morally questionable is a better word than legal.
    Also I hope this means later they will patch in the ability to take pictures of toddlers and family pictures

Yes I agree so much. Right now I awkwardly place a chair in front of the photo booth and make the toddler sit in it.
  • TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited November 2017
    Photography has been broken in my game for a long time. There are the occasional positioning issues when Sims pose for a photo while facing in the wrong direction (this is especially bad with the photo booth). But much worse than this is the inventory photo bug. When you first take a photo and it's sent to your inventory, you can drag the photo from your inventory to the wall with no problem. But if you put that photo back into the inventory - say, when your Sim is about to move house - then when you take it out again it will go black. This also happens if a photo is sent from the Sim's inventory to the family inventory upon the Sim's death. Paintings have the same issue except they go white.

@SimGuruNick I am really hoping you were able to look into these issues when you made photography available for the base game - otherwise you just gave people a broken feature.

In general I love this patch but I am annoyed that I had to pay for Photography and now it's free. They should have made taking photos for Simstagram something that you could only have in Cats & Dogs if you also had Get to Work - TS2 was great at throwing in little extras for people who had other EPs.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

The photo booth was not included, so that item is strictly only from Get to Work.