Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

2019 should be the year of University

Comments

• BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    What exactly is the point of TS4 Sims going to college? they do everything over the internet in this game and I can't really think of any careers that would require a degree they can't get on their handy dandy pc and so don't need an actual university building/world. If you think about it I don't know of many more careers since they are already doctors, (other than lawyer etc) police chief, astronauts, game designers, etc. Those careers seem like they might have needed a degree..but what do I know. Maybe game design doesn't these days, but it might help to get some sort of educaton about it before you start to design games, then again look at apps(and their creators),...maybe not.

If that is the way your mind works then why do they need anything? Toddlers? Nah. We have kids. Seasons? The world is pretty enough as it is!

University has a whole new experience for Sims. Socially it can be engaging. Work-wise it can help you advance quicker. Even opens up more career opportunity. Although, I do think they can create it for a GP instead.
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    I want University not because I want my sims to have a degree, I want my sims to go to a University and have fun.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Vee_Sam wrote: »
    I always wanted a university game pack until I got to university :(

LOL That's exactly how I feel about Uni nowadays! The game has pretty much everything people take as fun part of college already, the only stuff missing is the walk of atonement through books and papers.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • umbralshadowsumbralshadows Posts: 212 Member
    uni allso one of my favrites to [more than tha past seasons ones so far] but i wish seasons was a basegame addition that affect uni events hah in 5 seasons needs ta be included in basegame
    umbralsimoirsig.png
    lookin for lets players an reviewers for tha short/demo version a my game
    download here
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    edited October 2017
    Vee_Sam wrote: »
    I always wanted a university game pack until I got to university :(

LOL That's exactly how I feel about Uni nowadays! The game has pretty much everything people take as fun part of college already, the only stuff missing is the walk of atonement through books and papers.

I'm on board with all of this. I never want to go through university ever again, in any form. Some of the social stuff could be interesting, but I'm not even really into what social aspects uni would have to offer. Get together has clubs and parties, and really it's enough for me.

Plus, I suppose it seems odd to me for a Sim Guru to say that a University pack is currently not planned, but then to go and start development later? I guess it just seems like they probably know at least what they might make down the line, even if it's just a possibility, and that they wouldn't mention Uni if it was remotely on the table? But I don't know how Maxis works, so who knows?

A guru did say that right? I'm not making that up?

EDIT: Can't link, but a Sim Guru on Twitter said there were no plans now, but that Sims 4 had a bright future with lots more packs. I suppose it could be interpreted as 'no Uni, but we'll have other great stuff' or 'not right now, but with so much more to come, who knows?' Anyway, it's something to examine.
    a63ftuN.png
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    Seasons in 2018, Uni in 2019 works for me!
  • DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    By the time we get university I could've completed a university degree. :|
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    Have you considered either one of these could be a game Pack?
    With TS4's state, we don't need another social interactions. What we do need is a University life. Like you know, being taught by a teacher, doing projects esp. group projects, and stuffs like that. And dorms with NPC roommates is also a great addition to the game. Keggar or whatever that is. More way of partying.

Just imagine the possibilities. I think University is going to be fun.

And like Sports festival.

Idk I'm a teen so obviously I do like some things school related.

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    With TS4's state, we don't need another social interactions. What we do need is a University life. Like you know, being taught by a teacher, doing projects esp. group projects, and stuffs like that. And dorms with NPC roommates is also a great addition to the game. Keggar or whatever that is. More way of partying.

They probably won't do university. They were asked,and thyb said they had no plans for now.It might happen but it would be very un;likely
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member

They probably won't do university. They were asked,and thyb said they had no plans for now.It might happen but it would be very un;likely

You never know! A year ago im pretty sure that the gurus said they have no plans to bring the sims 4 to console now the console version is a week away from launching. :smile:
  • LittlBowBubLittlBowBub Posts: 1,745 Member
    We have the get together group's and school projects and a massive go to school mod so I can't see why they would use money creating something that can already be done. (Yes some people don't like mods) you can still do it without the mod by building a community lot like a school And sending your group there. And I think you can even pass down knowledge?? All we need is the ability for room mates and it's basically there. Not quite university but an EP wouldn't add much that we don't already have in game with the use of other packs.
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    Well, University is and has always been my most wanted (and favorite) EP, so naturally I would welcome such an Addition with open arms.

Dorms (without loading-screens), NPC roommates, Fraternities/Sororities and their social dynamics, College-life in general (Managing Balance between partying, social Groups, learning and going to work or having to earn a schoolarship), Prof/Teaching-Career, Sport-Events, (social-)activities such as comptetitions, online Dating, learn Groups etc., school-rivarly, overall a university theme provides a good context to introduce new mischievous/romantic interactions, college parties etc.

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    2019 should be the year of TS5 unless you want to still cling onto a seriously dated looking game that is still missing base game features :(

Haha, and you think stripping everything back down to the base game (which is *still* going to miss BG features from past games) is going to solve everything?
    wJbomAo.png
  • aero2491aero2491 Posts: 55 Member
    I'm excited for seasons and uni also but I think it should be more than uni. I would like to see the children and teens go to school and experience things like prom, graduation etc but maybe thats reaching lol
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I've been saying it for a while but I really think that a general Teaching System that could allow us to create personalized schools, uni, workshops or whatever in places would be a way better option currently, for sure more abroad in integrating with the rest of the worlds and packs. They just need to give us the tools.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited November 2017
    Parenthood is a cross between Sims 3's Generations and University. It adds to the experience of children. Not as much as we'd like, but that is still what the pack is for.

Either way, there are much higher priorities right now for SIms 4.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    Seasons is the pack that is most important to me. I have packs I want more but I wouldn't mind university.

For me university gives the young adult and adult stages some separation and differences. Also if university brought NPC roommates to my game it would be worth it. I can see university being a GP but I'd prefer another vacation world and/or resort GP.
  • SimmerSuper6464SimmerSuper6464 Posts: 224 Member
    Seasons 2018, University 2019,horses gp Q2 2019,small animals sp or gp Q3 2018
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    2019 should be the year of TS5 unless you want to still cling onto a seriously dated looking game that is still missing base game features :(

If they make Sims 5 while Sims 4 does not have all the major content, they would lose and alienate a lot of Sims fans. If they never complete Sims 4, who says they will ever complete Sims 5 and move on with Sims 6 in 2022 with only 3 expansions, and none of them being Pets or Seasons?
    There is no way Sims 5 would add pets and Seasons to the base game, and there is no guarantee that it will have open world again.
    They had really good reasons to remove it in the first place after all. Technical reasons.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Both of these packs need to be expansion packs. They both need big worlds, especially uni. Also, uni doesn’t have to stop at University life, it can also expand on the educational system as a whole in TS4.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • kirumagukirumagu Posts: 49 Member
    i really hope university will be the next ep. ^^
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    More than just Uni, I want kids and teens to have a school pack where we can have more control over their school life than just the little event choice boxes that pop up.