This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    @rosemow thank you. :)
    @JosieAnglin thanks! your submission is definitely my fav thus far. i love the tranquil vibe with all of the dim candle lighting. it looks really relaxing.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,756 Member

Thanks @rosemow for the gamer room review o:)

Thanks @joRN1414 it is not a mirror but a window with pool lights :# I use for the gaming center base game kitchen counters placed around an exhibitor (from Get to Work) with a moo'ed green table. You can do awesome shapes with the counters without moo, in order to avoid glitches ;)

Congratz @Laebeth @pepper090889 B)
  • Options
    leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    edited October 2017
    Wow so i found this quite difficult at first, as there are not any/many beach items in the game. But i am so happy with how my room turned out, i tried to be really creative! :) and make it feel as real as possible.

Entry Form
    Theme for the week: Seaside themed bathroom
    Gallery name of room : Hamptons Beachy Retreat (apparently the 2nd word there i cant use, so ill replace with beach!?) https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/98BBB9CDAF2C11E785F3A7B3994392A6
    Origin id : LeashaLoves
    Pictures of the room :

Bbfflf5.png Birds Eye View
    sZPYdYK.png Rachels Granddaughter has the same love for the beach
    KlAkgUZ.png
    3CxFwdI.png
    k8KnYIU.png
    moQ7h2o.png
    rzsH227.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,791 Member
    The design and furnishing of Hamptons Beach-y Retreat looks very nice! @leashahampton :) Very nice coastal colour scheme that you have used for the room! The sink nook looks very nice! The triple mirrors, pool lights on the wall,and the hair dryer, makeup and beauty products on the sink counter look great! Very nice mooing work with the nook with the shelves that have the towels and laundry basket on them ! The pool gnome is cute there! The nook and whole bath room looks very stylish! Very nice design of the bath tub nook! The table counters look nice placed either sides of the bath tub, and the candles are calming for Rachel to see as she relaxes and bathes in the bath. She will enjoy reading a book and using the toiletries whilst bathing. The beach wall pictures are a special touch on the bath tub and toilet walls. She will like wearing the bath robe after coming out of the bath tub. The type of blinds used complements well with the rest of the room.
    It is a very stylishly nice, relaxed, beach themed bathroom! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    vickyloovickyloo Posts: 134 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: an underwater bathroom OR a seaside themed bathroom
    Gallery name of room : Underwater queen https://thesims.com/gallery/2260EA4AAF3F11E780EDEC099AB30C43?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=vickyloo&max=50&maxis=false
    Origin id : vickyloo
    Pictures of the room :[img][/img]dhyOiNK.png
    [img][/img]MucXhMr.png
    [img][/img]wXzcR6d.png
    [img][/img]QHvWCfH.png
  • Options
    Underwater Queen is so very creatively designed! @vickyloo :) It is great that you have uploaded the separates pool room also, for the bathroom to be placed in! The water area looks great with the rocks and plants in the water! Rachel will enjoy the underwater views whilst having a relaxing bath in the tub. It looks great that there is glass windows on each side of the room. The white and blue colour scheme looks very nice. Very nice bath tub nook! The blue circles floor prints under the tub add a nice look to the nook area,and the lantern candles are pretty and calming touches to look at. The towel look great on the wall, and the beauty products are a nice touch there, It looks great the way half walls separate off the nook areas. The beach themed pictures look nice on the wall.Very nice vanity table nook! It looks very nice how the white cabinets have been placed around the table to create the nook. Rachel will enjoy sitting at the table doing her makeup. The tissues, beauty products and hair dryer are great touches on the table, and the blue chair is pretty for her to sit on there. Very nice shower nook! The whales floor rug suits the room type well! It is great that there is a clothes hamper and bathroom cabinet in the room.
    It is a very special underwater bathroom! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,979 Member
    Entry Form
    Theme for the week: an underwater bathroom OR a seaside themed bathroom
    Gallery name of room : Sandy Beach Bathroom
    Origin id : luckyheather
    Gallery Link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/D36ED025AF4C11E780C461C9B1A42A59?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=luckyheather&max=50&maxis=false
    Notes
    As Rachel is a fun and active Grandma I thought that she might want her favorite Jukebox in her new bathroom as she loves the old records in it. I got carried away and its a large room and uses many expansions and stuff packs. I enjoyed myself :)
    The Pictures are form the Gallery by KayGee1969 and jasna98
    Pictures of the room :
    As you enter the dressing room
    dTlxBnZ.png

The Bath and beach
    j50oRcU.png

Bath Bubbling Water feature
    0NIL8z8.png

Rachels Jukebox
    Y8fbSyQ.png

Shower Cubicle
    7rTKEFS.png

Sink and Toilet area
    jAIbKbU.png

A Pretty Bay Window with great views and fun gnome with mini rug and sun brolly
    flUkqzp.png

Toys on the Beach
    eNoB1TZ.png

This Gnome wants a Massage Lol
    wWswB0c.png

Overview of Shape
    FJ4KEkK.png

Overview shows the Beach
    dWRqi07.png
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,979 Member
    Already I have to catch up with the new rooms, its exciting to see everones ideas : )
    @ carolynrosseryour Undersea Bathroom has plenty of lovely moving water to give that underwater feel. I like the flooring its perfect, I use it for natural pools : ) I like the Treasure Chest, reminds me of Sims 3.
    @JoRN1414 your Bathroom Under the Sea has gorgeous colourful flowersand a pretty ocean floor. Those mirrors fit perfect with those counters and the Whale shower/bath that I like so much.
    @coolsim9999999 Rachel's Beachy Bath is such fun and a great idea to use the toddlers jungle gym with a Pirate theme.. why cant us adults have one ;) Such a lovely and family friendly bathroom, love the seating and reading area.
    @pennypolendina your seaside bathroom is so stunning with a pretty alcove/bath and lots of pretty things to use or admire like the fish and shelved objects. Love the rugs and sinks area.
    @netxpre2 Coasting The Seas bathroom has a lovely calming atmosphere, love the stone floors and wall and the seaweed and pebbles by the bath. The candles and decorations look so natural : )
    @K0J1K your Sea Foam Bath & Spa is a lovely fresh colour and I adore your little tables with beach themed objects and candles. So pretty and natural all through this room.
    @LeashaLoves Hamptons plum retreat is so elegant for a beach theme, beautiful soft tones, warm woods and perfect placed cubby/sections make this a stunning modern room.
    @vickyloo your room 'Underwater queen' looks amazing with the pool surrounding the basement bathroom. All areas are bright and cheerful with all you need for a relaxing time in the bathroom. I see your sim is enjoying this great room : ) Glad to see she is covered up ;)

• Options
    vickyloovickyloo Posts: 134 Member
    Thank you @luckyheather ! Yes had to make sure she was all covered up :D;)
  • Options
    CrazeeforhorsesCrazeeforhorses Posts: 40 Member
    Challenge 133 - Entry Form

Theme for the week: An Underwater Bathroom OR A Seaside Themed Bathroom
    Gallery Name of the Room: Seaside Memories
    Origin ID: Crazeeforhorses

Pictures:
    [IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/4rvwhx.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/1038sar.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/5z1uf7.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/2a01hf.png[/IMG]
    "Enjoy the little things in life, because one day you will look back, and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault
  • Options
    @luckyheather, your room is absolutely STUNNING. I am in love with your room!!! Absolutely amazing job!!!
    It looks like you're right on the beach! So creative! :)
    "Enjoy the little things in life, because one day you will look back, and realize they were the big things." - Robert Brault
  • Options
    Thank you so much, @jazzunicorns, for your kind words about my gaming room! :)
  • Options
    Challenge 133 - Entry Form

Theme for the week: An Underwater Bathroom OR A Seaside Themed Bathroom
    Gallery Name of the Room: Seaside Memories
    https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/263D3972AF6811E78D39EC099AB30C43
    Origin ID: Crazeeforhorses

Pictures:
    4rvwhx.png

1038sar.png

5z1uf7.png

2a01hf.png
  • Options
    Sandy Beach Bath is such a very nice seaside themed room! @luckyheather :) Each of the areas of the room looks so very nice! The seaside /beach themed furnishing items look so very nice how they have been used and placed in the areas of the room! They look very great on the walls and flooring in the room! The beach area looks very great! The toys and turtles are nice touches on the sandy beach flooring texture. The alien plants and the waterfall look very nice. The pool gnome is very cute on the towels under the umbrella! It is nice that the bath tub is on the sea area next to the beach. The bubbles water window feature is very nice for Rachel to see as she enjoys bathing in the bath tub. The bathroom cabinets look great placed either sides of the water window. She will like looking at the fish in the fishing bowl whilst bathing.Very nice windows sofa seat sitting area! She will enjoy resting there and having a read with sunshine coming in onto her. Very nice dressing nook! She will enjoy sitting doing her makeup at the vanity table, then looking at the fish in the aquarium. The beauty items are a nice touch on the table. The boat looks great placed on the circular water fountain, and the plants wall decor looks very nice there. The sea themed pictures are very nice touches on the walls througout the room. The white siding wall texture and the white colour scheme of the room is very calming. It is nice that there is a jukebox nook for her to enjoy dancing to the music! It is great that there is a massage table in the room for her to have a relaxing massage. The mounted fish, life ring and oars look great on the wall. It is nice that there is a shower cubicle. The folded clothes looks great on the table there.
    It is a. very nice and very detailed beach and sea themed room! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    The design and furnishing of Seaside Memories looks very nice! @Crazeeforhorses :) The blue colour of the walls looks very nice, and the aquarium nook is great! The fish are a great touch on the aquarium nook wall! Rachel will enjoy looking at the fish in the aquarium. The koi fish floor print across the middle of the room adds a great look to the room! The beach tree neon sign on the wall suits the room theme well .It is great that there are double sinks in the room. The towels shelving cabinet is a nice touch in the bathroom corner . Very nice bath tub nook! It looks great that half walls separate off the bath tub nook. The ship looks great on the wall! The candles on the half wall are calming for her to see as she is bathing. She will enjoy using the wall toiletries and green towel that are there. The plant is a nice touch of nature in the room.
    It is a very nice seaside themed bathroom for Rachel! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    @Crazeeforhorses : Awesome. I love the fish on the floor and the sectioned off bathtub is very cool. The fish over the aquarium is perfect.
    @luckyheather : WOW. WOW. WOW. This is amazing. The area with the vanity is great. The color scheme is perfect. The whole thing is awesome. I love how you used all your clutter too. It looks divine! The beach!! I just. There are no words. I'm downloading this for sure. It's so fun! I never use that railing for my half walls, it looks great. The fish behind the water wall is very creative. Every time I look at it I find something new.
    @vickyloo : Love the bubble rug near the bathtub. The pool outside with the windows and decorations looks awesome. I really like that you did a dressing room area with vanity too. The colors are very under the sea.
    @leashahampton : It came out great! Very beachy. The color scheme is great too. That whole room would be fabulous in a home for the new world coming out.
    @coolsim9999999 : Woo for 25 submissions!! LOL at beachy being censored. Your bathroom is so fun! I think it's cool that you added the 'pirate ship' and the treasure chest. Such cute additions.
    @pennypolendina : I love all the things on top of the fish tank. I never noticed how the decorations on the mirror and the room divider look like seashells, it looks great!
    @JosieAnglin : I like your wrap around counters with the big mirror and fish over top. The rock wall!! It looks great in that room. I also love that the ship is reflecting in the mirror.
    @KojiK : Cool room!! I like that wall (can't remember what it's called) behind the tub. The GNOME. It amuses me to no end. I really like that wall color too.

Great Job on the rooms, y'all.

"Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hi @rosemow --- How Are YOU? Long Time Since I Have Been Over HERE....... :D:D I Am going to try to get this one done ....... Love Beachy & Tropical.... Themes.... Wow So Many People Here! I See A Couple From Years Ago When I Was Here ........ :o<3<3 Hugzzzzzzz <3<3

SO Enjoying looking at all the "Rooms" Such TALENT :o<3:o
  • Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    edited October 2017
    Thanks @rosemow <3:*<3 Been Busy Now For Almost 2 Years In The Modelling Community......... No Time For Designing :p But I Want To Come Back And Do MORE HERE! Hugggggggiesssssss -- I have participated in a few "Gallery" Challenges For "Shells" & Decorating Rooms Though I Thoroughly Enjoy IT :p
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow <3:*<3 Been Busy Now For Almost 2 Years In The Modelling Community......... No Time For Designing :p But I Want To Come Back And Do MORE HERE! Hugggggggiesssssss -- I have participated in a few "Gallery" Challenges For "Shells" & Decorating Rooms Though I Thoroughly Enjoy IT :p

It is nice that you are enjoying being a part of the Sims Modelling Community :) Thankyou for the hugs <3
  • Options
    CuteCoffeeGalCuteCoffeeGal Posts: 256 Member
    Congratulations on your Maxis fave @pepper090889!!!
    #EAGameChanger on YouTube: Let's Plays, CAS, Speed Builds - I'm currently playing the Decades Challenge! https://www.youtube.com/c/CuteCoffeeGal
    Gallery ID: CuteCoffeeGal
    Twitter: @CuriousLindsey
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    @pennypolendina , @joRN1414 , @luckyheather , Thanks for the kind words!!
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    @leashahampton ; I love that you separated everything off so everything had its own space (the toilet is secluded, the sinks are secluded). The towel closet nook is really cute. Great job!

@vickyloo ; Love the vanity area! The chair you put with it looks great and goes with the theme perfectly. Your half walls are placed great and keeps the room organized and separated. Cute sim. Great Job!

@luckyheather ; The walls you chose go great with this weeks theme. I love the white with blue accents. The lights and the circular windows look as if they're straight from a ship; they fit in perfectly. The beach moment turned out really great. Great job!

@Crazeeforhorses ; I love the double sinks. The koi fish on the floor as well as the aquarium is a really nice touch and fits in perfectly for this weeks theme. I love that you separated the bathtub with the half wall and added candles on top of it. Great job!
  • Options
    WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    Theme for the week: Seaside themed bathroom
    Gallery name of room : By the Sea (my problem with big Xs for previews is back...)
    Origin id : theWildlings
    Pictures of the room

H9z7lfo.png
    0UYcJoZ.png
    3wJ5J0C.pngp
    X4Z9ubf.png
  • Options
    By the Sea looks such a calming and restful bathroom! @Wildling :) The L shaped design of the room looks very nice and the blue and brown olour scheme looks very natural and sea themed. The blue tiling of the walls creates a nice feel in the room. Very nice bath tub corner nook! It looks very nice the way the glass windows are used to separate off the bath tub area. The candles and stones/plant item on the ledges beside the tub and the hanging wall plants decor item are calming for Rachel to see as she has a relaxing bath. She will like using the beauty products. It is a special touch that there is an aquarium there for her to enjoy watching the fish whilst bathing. The clothing hamper and towels on top of it are a homely touch. The ceiling plants light is a very creatively nice touch! It looks great! Very nice double sinks and toilet area.The water window looks very nice. The aroma of the incense will be nice for to smell in the room. The natural wooden floor strips in the room areas add a very nice natural look to the room. She will like having a shower in the room also. It is nice that there are towels either sides for her to use. The candles are a nice touch placed on top of the blues cases. The eclipse wall picture looks very restful.
    It is a very natural and restful bathroom! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)