This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,791 Member
    Hello @fidelis_x0 and @SimTrippy :) Welcome to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's dorm room challenge ! That is very great! Thankyou so very much! I hope that you will also enjoy creating rooms for future challenges also :) I will be back soon to post about your very nice dorm rooms, but just wanted to welcome you to the thread first :)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,660 Member
    Thank you for the welcome @rosemow ! Glad I finally got around to joining for once, I always love looking at everyone else's creations <3 have a nice evening (or day)!
  • Options
    The design, furnishing and colour schemes of Polar Opposites look very nice! @fidelis_x0 :) You have reflected their interests and type of girls that they are very well! Lilian’s side of the room looks very nice! It looks great that you used grey and white, then included touches of yellow as that is her favourite colour. The yellow semi circle floor rugs add a nice look to her side of the room. Very nice corner study desk nook! She will enjoy sitting there using the computer to do her studies, and the books, Arts supplies, sports team photo , sports picture and framed sports shirt on the wall , shelf and desk look great there, and reflect well that she enjoys sports and reading . Being messy, she has left things on the floor! The movie posters are a nice touch on the wall, and incorporate her favourite colour that is yellow. She will enjoy sitting on her bed reading a book from the bookshelf. The eclipse wall prints look great behind the bookshelves. The pink and blue colour scheme of Bella’s side of the room looks very pretty! The pink and green leafy pictures on the bedside wall are very nice for her to see when waking in the mornings. She will enjoy checking her appearance in the full length lights edged mirror! The string of pink lights look very pretty! It is nice also that there is a string of white lights for Lilian also in the room, The pink semi circle floor rug is a nice touch. Very nice study desk nook corner for her to enjoy using the computer. The beauty products, make up, pink towels and tissues,on the desk and shelf are nice touches and are great to reflect her liking of fashion and pink. The blue colour of the desk seat looks nice. It is great that she has a clothes and shoes rack on her side of the room.The different coloured circles floor prints for the girls add a special look to the room areas.
    The furnishing of the room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • Options
    Btw I just realized I missed the part about Lilian liking subdued colors :D but nevermind, I'll leave it as is and pay better attention next time haha.
  • Options
    WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    Opposite Twin's Dorm
    (I don't know why the gallery image became a big red X)

One twin is a romantic introvert who loves plants and painting. The other is a true extrovert who loves sports, clubs and can't avoid making messes.

xEhnZgz.png
    rMiY3YB.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Twin Dorm is a very nice room for the girls! @SimTrippy :) Very nice furnishing of the room areas! The purple, blue, pink and whte colour scheme of the room looks very nice. The sports , model, fashion , shoe , sports rosettes and music themed pictures on the walls reflect the interests of the girls well! The basketball wall picture looks great! The clutter and itemson the floor is a result of Lilian’s messiness! Very nice armchair sitting area for Lilian and Bella to enjoy relaxing there watching sports and fashion programs on the tv. The tv looks nice placed on the colourful cases table. The orange and red coloured circles floor prints add a special look to the room. Very nice corner study desk nooks. The bookcases look very nice how they have been placed on and beside the walls there. The girls will enjoy sitting at the desk tables reading a book , doing studies or using the computer. The beauty products on the ledge table are great for Bella to enjoy using. She will enjoy listening to music from the music player. The floral patterned floor rug under one of the beds and the butterflies on the wall looks so very pretty! The calendar is a homely touch on the wall. The flowers are a nice touch on top of the drawers.
    The girls will enjoy spending time in their very nice dorm room! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    The design and furnishing of each of the sides of Opposite Twin’s Dorm looks very nice! @Wildling :) Lilian’s windows bed nook is very nice! She will enjoy waking up to sunshine coming in onto the bed through the windows. The string lights, rainbow pennants and pink curtains look very pretty there. She will enjoy using the punching bag to keep fit, and the sports themed wall pictures look great in the window to reflect that she likes sport. Very nice study desk nook. She will enjoy sitting there using the computer. The sports equipment and sports award rosette are a great touch on the floor and the wall. The earth globe pictures look very nice.The blue ceiling lights look very pretty in the room. The white curtained bunk bed nook for Bella looks very great! The cherry blossom wall picture is pretty for her to see as she is going to sleep . Very nice armchair reading book nook under her bed! The girls will enjoy sitting relaxing on the pink armchair reading a book. The lamp looks great placed on the top of the books and the string lights look pretty! It is very special that there are two full length mirrors in the room for Bella to enjoy checking her appearance in! The lights edged mirror looks very fancy! Very nice windows art nook for enjoying painting on the easel in the sunshine. The hanging basket is a nice touch on the wall.
    The furnishing of the room is very nice! Thank you very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    jazzunicornsjazzunicorns Posts: 185 Member
    @luckyheather Loving the purple ladder and space themed bed sheets. I find it so hard to match colours that aren't already sets. It's also pretty great that they have a common area and separated bedrooms - must be an expensive dorm!
    @Hisaosaka cute room! Definitely reminds me of the tiny spaces friends of mine lived in when I was in college.
    @WhiteMojo I love how you did the stairs and placed the upstairs room on a dance floor; looks great. I wish they had spiral staircases in game!
    @carolynrosser very colourful - I love the graffiti!
    @smashleec Liking the yoga mats and the pink mirror with the lights! Definitely something a fashion-conscious girl would have.
    @pepper090889 the exposed brick looks great and so do all the posters and art. I also like the messy room divider and the walk-in closets.
    @ZKirian I like all the club banners Bella has on her side of the room; the purple colour definitely suits her, like the messy sports equipment suits Lilian.
    @fidelis_x0 I like the symmetry of your room with only colour and clutter breaking it. Also the decals behind the book shelf look really great.
    @SimTrippy loving the little living room space with the TV on Lilian's side. Also, the pumpkins are a great seasonal touch :)
    @Wildling the giant windows look great and I love Bella's loft bed. I also really like the cardboard dance floor under the easel in case of paint spillage.

Awesome rooms!
  • Options
    KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    Theme: A dorm room for twins who have different interests.
    Gallery Name: Dorm for Two
    Origin ID: K0J1K
    Link: https://goo.gl/QFTjpJ

2dl1vt2.jpg
    a2ezr6.jpg
    5n0rpf.jpg
    260pdfs.jpg

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• Options
    Dorm for Two is a very nice room for the Twins! @KojiK :) The layout and furnishing of the room looks very nice! The bunkbeds look great! Very nice study desk nooks under the beds! The girls will enjoy doing their studies on the computers. The black and red colour scheme of Bella’s side of the room looks very stylish! The red colour of the study chair looks great. The picture of the girl on the study desk wall is a nice touch. Very nice vanity table nook! The beauty products, flowers , candles and tissues are nice touches there. Bella will like looking at her appearance in the fancy starry shaped mirror! She will enjoy playing the guitar in their room. The bookshekd nook is great! She will enjoy listening to music as she decides on what book to choose from the bookcase. Very nice windows sofa seat sitting nook. The girls will enjoy relaxing there chatting , with sunshine coming in through the windows. The pink, white and grey colour scheme of Lilian’s side of the room looks very pretty! The pale pink colour of her study seat is nice.The skateboards and glass framed sports top on the study nook and vanity table walls are great to reflect that she likes sport. The clothes and books on the floor are a result of her messiness! The string of flower lights look pretty! The school bag is a great touch in the room. The confetti prints on the walls adds a nice look to the room.
    The design of the room is very nice! Thank you very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    pepper090889pepper090889 Posts: 3,354 Member
    Thank you @rosemow and @jazzunicorns for your wonderful compliments. :)
    ofNj4ul
  • Options
    carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Thanks for your kind comments, @Corwim and @jazzunicorns!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    WhiteMojoWhiteMojo Posts: 126 Member
    @jazzunicorns Oh how I wish the loft had been a dance floor, it's actually the stoney goodness slabs, placed 1 by 1. Normally you just enlarge them to make a loft but I wanted to create some colour on the floor & didn't think of the dance floor. LOL
    JeJUZyk.png
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow and @jazzunicorns <3
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    Theme for the Week: A dorm room for twins who have different interests
    Gallery Name of Room: Twins Dorm Room
    Origin id: Netxpre2
    #oneroomoneweekonetheme

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/30vnb4x.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/1znl6hh.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/1413z83.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i66.tinypic.com/25gru6t.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i63.tinypic.com/zvab6h.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/an0ghc.png[/IMG]
  • Options
  • Options
    Hello @JosieAnglin :) Welcome to the forums and to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much! I will look forward to you entering future weeks challenges also! :)
    I will soon post about your special room, but just wanted to welcome you to the thread first :)
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @JosieAnglin :) Welcome to the forums and to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much! I will look forward to you entering future weeks challenges also! :)
    > I will soon post about your special room, but just wanted to welcome you to the thread first :)

Thanks, I am working on commenting on 30 posts right now so I will be able to edit my post here in this thread. I figured out why I can't upload pictures thanks to you! haha :)
  • Options
    Twins Dorm Room is a very nice room for the Twins! :) Very nice layout and furnishing of the room ! The colour schemes of the room look very nice! Very nice pale green and grey colour scheme of Lilian’s section of the room. The pink floral wall pictures look very pretty! The grey colour of her bed is nice. The bright blue, purple and pink colour scheme of Bella’s side of the room looks great! Her blue and pink coloured bed looks nice. It is nice that Bella has pink floor rugs whilst Lilian’s are grey. Very nice corner windows study desk nooks for the girls! They will enjoy sitting at the desks using the computers whilst sunshine comes in onto them. The music and sports themed posters on the walls suits each of the girls well. The books look great on Lilian’s desk, and Bella will enjoy listening to music from her music player whilst sitting there. It looks great that a bookcase separates off the two bed areas. The school bags are great touches under the desk and at the foot of the bed. The clothes and books on the floor reflect Lilian’s messiness! Very nice corner armchair sitting nooks! The girls will enjoy relaxing there reading a book. It is great that there is a cube stool for Lilian and a brightly coloured and patterned round stool for Bella. The string of photos on Bella’s side looks very nice. The flowers on the drawers are pretty for the girls to look at. The basketball for Lilian because she likes sports looks great! The wall shapes on Bella’s side wall and the purple and blue wall colours looks great!
    The furnishing of the room is very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    The design and layout of Twin Dorm looks very nice ! @steskens :) The two areas of the room suit the girls well! The grey and white colour scheme of Lilian’s section looks very nice. The bed nook is great! The sports themed posters look great on the bedside wall and she will enjoy watching sport on the tv whilst laying in bed! The books are a great touch on the wall counter. Very nice windows study desk area. She will enjoy sitting on the chair reading a book or using the computer with sunshine coming in through the windows onto her. Her messiness has caused there to be books, bag and clothing on the floor! The skateboards , to reflect that she likes sport, look great on the drawers nook wall! The hand plate is a nice touch there. The bright pink colour of Bella’s bed looks great! The fashion model picture on the bedside wall looks great! The beauty products, flowers and candle are nice touches in the corner nook for her to use and look at. The vanity table nook looks very nice! She will enjoy sitting there doing her make up and using the hair dryer. The string of photos on the wall is a nice touch, and the candle is pretty and calming The mannequin is a great fashion themed item to have in the room! She will enjoy listening to music through the wall speaker whilst sitting at the desk table doing her studies. Very nice windows sofa seat sitting nook! The flowers look very pretty in the corner and on the coffee table . Bella will enjoy checking her appearance in the full length lights edged mirror !
    The furnishing of the room for each of the girls looks very nice! Thankyou very much for entering this week’s challenge ! :)
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @JosieAnglin :) Welcome to the forums and to the room challenge thread! It is so very nice and special that you have joined us and have created a room for this week's challenge ! Thankyou so very much! I will look forward to you entering future weeks challenges also! :)
    > I will soon post about your special room, but just wanted to welcome you to the thread first :)

Thanks, I am working on commenting on 30 posts right now so I will be able to edit my post here in this thread. I figured out why I can't upload pictures thanks to you! haha :)

Hello @JosieAnglin
    When you become a full member, you may not be able to edit your photos to make the photos appear , in posts made whilst still a new member simmer. Some simmers have found that they couldn’t add photos to previous posts made as a new member.
  • Options
    jazzunicornsjazzunicorns Posts: 185 Member
    WhiteMojo wrote: »
    @jazzunicorns Oh how I wish the loft had been a dance floor, it's actually the stoney goodness slabs, placed 1 by 1. Normally you just enlarge them to make a loft but I wanted to create some colour on the floor & didn't think of the dance floor. LOL

My mistake! Amazing work!
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Wow, great rooms! I'm amazed at how creative and talented everyone is. This week has been horrendously busy, but I did put together a room last night.

Theme for the week: Dorm room for twin girls with very different interests/tastes
    Gallery name of room: Different Strokes
    Origin ID: lsnishi
    Link:
    Pics: https://www.thesims.com/en_AU/gallery/1A7150D1A7CB11E78EAF7AE2CCA11599
    PYSLrdY.png
    GObTFPI.png
    zr2DjdF.png
    DctNNrV.png
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    The furnishing of Different Strokes is very nice! @lsnishi :) The two differing sides of the room to suit each of the girls looks very nice! The pale pink colour scheme of Lilian’s side of the room looks very pretty! The sports themed posters, sporting trophies shelf , skateboards and framed glass sports jumper on the bedhead wall and the sports equipment on the floor reflect her interest in sport very well! Her clothes on the floor show her messiness! Her pale pink coloured bed is nice, The books and sports team photo are great touches on her bedside table. She will enjoy relaxing on the pale pink and blue cushions, watching sporting programs on the tv. The patterned curtains, patterned ceiling lives and patterned floor rugs look so very nice and pretty in the room! The different coloured versions of the curtains, lights and rugs are very nice to reflect each of the twins. Very nice windows study desk nooks for the girls! They will enjoy the sunshine coming in onto them through the windows whilst using the computers. The hair dryer is a great touch on Bella’s desk. The pink and red colours of the lamps are nice touches. The bookcase and noticeboard are nice placed between the desks. The fashion themed posters on Bella ‘s side of the room looks great! Very nice vanity table for her to sit at and do her makeup. The red colour of her bed and bedside tissues look nice, and the beauty products are a nice touch on the bedside table, Very nice dressing area! The folded clothes are a nice touch on the drawers,and the clothes and shoes racks look great there! Bella will enjoy listening to music and seeing the music themed posters on the wall. The red flower floor print adds a nice look to the room.
    The furnishing of the room is very nice! Thankyou for suggesting the great idea to have a dorm room challenge ! :)
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    Thank you for the kind comments @rosemow and thank you for using my suggestion. :)
    PDWxp40.jpg