This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Can cats take care of themselves?

Okay, before you think I don't care about animals, please read this:

I have been reading a book series called Warriors. It's about four clans of cats who live in the wild and survive by hunting. I wanted to do that in TS3 Pets very badly because it sounds awesome! But, I'm just wondering if they can survive with no interactions what-so-ever with other Sims. Can they feed themselves? Clean themselves? Entertain themselves Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Options
    amyroses99amyroses99 Posts: 378
    edited December 2012
    Bump :/
  • Options
    michaela3331michaela3331 Posts: 60 Member
    edited December 2012
    I think a sim needs to teach them to hunt or something :s or they need the mouse toy (havent played much with cats yet -.-")

Can you actually create a household with only pets?
    If you killed off the sim i'm pretty sure the cats would be taken away
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I would keep one or two sims in a house with their necessities.
  • Options
    MoosenhagenMoosenhagen Posts: 451 Member
    edited December 2012
    yes,I think.
    you should provide a litterbox, maybe the auto clean one so the sim doesnt have to clean it, i think they still need to be fed,using bowls but they might be able to eat prey, not sure. make a sort of compoud so the sim will put food in, but the cats wont know. or use the auto-noms food thing from the sims 3 store. I once killed 2 sims but No-one took their pets,I think!lol
  • Options
    OmNomNomOmBabiesOmNomNomOmBabies Posts: 681 New Member
    edited December 2012
    ermerguud another Warriors fan!

Yes, this does work. I've done it before. All they need is; themselves(to play with each other), scratching post(the destruction need), and a box of toys(train to hunt with the toys).

Plus if you make them learn how to hunt you can use the delete Sim cheat and it'll be just the cats.

P.S, There's a warriors legacy, y'know...It's really nice!
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/525939.page
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Thanks everyone! This really helped.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Oh, by the way, what about sleeping? Do they need a bed or can they sleep on the ground?
  • Options
    OmNomNomOmBabiesOmNomNomOmBabies Posts: 681 New Member
    edited December 2012
    They can sleep on the ground. But you should have a dog house if you want kittens.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Okay, thank you :) I'm really excited to get the EP now! :D
  • Options
    Animal_SimmerAnimal_Simmer Posts: 79 Member
    You can. They can catch minor pets when they learn to hunt to feed themselves. They also can groom themselves, and play with each other to entertain themselves.
  • Options
    Oh, also you have to have a cat toy and then select 'Practice Hunting' for them to get the hunting skill so they can fish and stalk for prey.
  • Options
    However they can't catch anything big like Falcons, Macaws, or anything of that nature.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    I tried this but never could get around the social. The cats that know how to hunt, will go hunt and eat their pray. I even found out that cats over level 5 (at least in my game) would attack and eat the big birds like Parrots and MaCaws and Falcons (if you have them in the house). I was trying to see if I could basically just leave them alone without paying attention, but even with multiple cats, there was always at least one whose social would plummet meaning all the animals were taken away. Even when I controlled the cat to "beg" for food or "follow" it didn't seem to be enough.

So you can leave them alone once their hunting gets about half way but watch the social. Now some of the cats did fine and didn't need social but not all of them. And you only need one with bad social to get them all taken away.
  • Options
    Mason_simfieldMason_simfield Posts: 4 New Member
    I could help, but I am more to seasons.
  • Options
    ktorres08ktorres08 Posts: 14 New Member
    I love the way how you can just play as an animal in this game if you want to. The Pets expansion is the best :)