Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one...

Am I the only one who felt really bad for Lyndsay? You could tell she was extremely nervous while presenting Cats & Dogs earlier today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpNb28IQTsM

Comments

• ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    I feel for her, I can not get up in front of people and talk.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    My experience with presentations and voice tremors is that if feels much worse on the inside than what you show on the outside.
    So if she is like me, she might be feeling much worse that what you see on the outside.

Ugh, I don't like giving presentations.
    I wouldn't say she was extremely nervous, but she probably felt like she was.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Yeah, I could tell she was nervous and I can definitely relate. I technically could get up in front of those folks but I might pass out in the process.
    6riwm5.png
  • kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited August 2017
    When they brought out that "celebrity" dog, I felt embarrassed for her.

I don't know what was more cringeworthy, the dance party in GT, or the "famous dog".

Don't get me wrong, he's an adorable dog, but... jesus. What is it with the EA marketing guys forcing the Gurus into situations like this?
    wJbomAo.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    She did a great job though.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yes, but I think she did a great job. It seams like the lighthouse may be a park.
  • tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

I don't know what was more cringeworthy, the dance party in GT, or the "famous dog".

Don't get me wrong, he's an adorable dog, but... jesus. What is it with the EA marketing guys forcing the Gurus into situations like this?

Lmao thabk you so much I died from cringe when she announced this random freaking dog "celebrity" like...it is on par with the throwing shade comment from the parenthood trailer LOL.
    tasmabel wrote: »

Lmao thabk you so much I died from cringe when she announced this random freaking dog "celebrity" like...it is on par with the throwing shade comment from the parenthood trailer LOL.

I was really scared it was gonna be another Katy Perry endorsement.

Then they start interviewing a dog.

It would've been funny if Lyndsay wasn't so obviously uncomfortable. If they're gonna make jokes during their presentations, they really need a Guru who's done some stand-up before. Someone who knows comedic timing and can handle playing the fool on stage in front of thousands of people.
    wJbomAo.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    A little bit but I'm always like that when I'm presenting anyways so I'd say it's kinda normal.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • aktexaktex Posts: 367 Member
    I felt really sorry for her and I was hoping she wouldn't suffer from a sudden black out or throw up on stage. But she made it through the presentation and she did a really good job. I liked the part with the "celebraty". That was cute and unexpected.
    tcvoh84l0v7b6kg3g.jpg
    edited August 2017
    Yoko2112 wrote: »
    She seemed a bit out of breath and nervous, yeah. But I don't mind it as much, I know people who have the same problems when having to give a presentation. I'm kinda lucky in that regard as I don't really get too nervous in front of crowds and I'm pretty good at public speaking. However, that is not the case for everyone.

What I don't like is how forced the whole thing was, especially with jiffpom. But that was pretty much the whole EA presentation, so much social awkwardness and people being unaware of their target audience. One thing that did throw me off about the presentation was that we didn't get someone like Grant Rodiek to talk about the EP, as he is already an established face for the TS4 dev team and as stated in interviews he worked on this pack for about 3 years. Surely someone like him would've been a bit more qualified and confident to give us information about the EP.
    I guess it's sort of a tradition that the executive producer gets to announce these things ?

[img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/fellow_kids_steve_buscemi1.gif[/img]

wJbomAo.png
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    Maybe she is just not used to it.
    I think this is her first time to give a presentation on a big event?
    By the way I didn't really get the part of Instagram famous dog...
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I could tell she was nervous but I think she did an amazing job. I wouldn't be able to stand up in front of a group that size and talk with confidence, I don't think it helped that the audience seemed so quiet (it's hard to tell from the stream though)

But yeah, I think she did great :smile:
  • JoseffJoseff Posts: 546 Member
    You could tell she was nervous but she did a great job!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I think she did an amazing job presenting the EP, and yes she was nervous, who wouldn't xD But she handled it better than anyone I've seen presenting something sims related tbh.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    I thought she was nervous but still did a good job. I could have done without that "celebrity" guest part, it was weird.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    She's very pretty and did a fab job. Thanks for the link because I haven't seen this presentation until now.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    It's either nervousness or talking so fast like getting so caught up that she has issues breathing, for instance I get nervous too but I also talk so fast I like start breathing weird, I really need to SLOW down and just BREATHE.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Am I the only one who felt really bad for Lyndsay? You could tell she was extremely nervous while presenting Cats & Dogs earlier today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpNb28IQTsM

I couldn't see here but heard her and voice sounded nervous. Yes, I felt bad for her, but then it might have just been some allergy or cold making her sound that way. Because when you can't see someone (in one trailer posted here) I could only hear her it might be my own perception knocked off center from my own nasal problems. When a gland in your nose is aggravated by allergies, your perception is often off the mark. Just a tidbit of science there.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PeachynesssPeachynesss Posts: 57 Member

Omg no THE DANCING
    STOP
    319a2d108b51035bcdd43edc37866094.gif

Origin ID: Peachynesss
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Yeah I could definitely hear it in her voice, but she did an amazing job! If I went on that stage I'd turn bright red instantly and struggle to get two words out :D
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    No I do not feel bad for her. She is supposed to be a professional. If she is nervous making presentations maybe she is in the wrong line of work. It's as simple as that.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I think she did a good job, bless her!
    giphy_1.gif
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    No I do not feel bad for her. She is supposed to be a professional. If she is nervous making presentations maybe she is in the wrong line of work. It's as simple as that.

Uh... how? You get into game development because you want to make games. You become a producer because you're good at budgets.

Neither of those roles require speaking to millions of people on camera.
    wJbomAo.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top