Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Attraction System & Sims 4... I think it already exists.. What do YOU think?

Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
I have been playing Sims 4 for a while and have noticed

4Vmdnqd.jpg
9vYZW1P.jpg?1
7u8N2K6.jpg

Sims who are friends with NO romance bar, but they have a desire to smooch with the other sim.
Seems to me like an attraction system. It's not like sims will get a Whim to smooch just any sim. Seems like it only occurs with particular sims. I often look to this for pairing sims as just picking a partner for them is too simple and can be REALLY hard... There are times I want a sim to take a interest in a particular sim but no matter how good a pair of friends they are, aint nothin' doin'.
It's like an attraction system that requires you to take the time to get to know other sims and talk to them time and time again and eventually if one is interested (if you're playing both), they will get a wish related interest pop up! Btw I am not and have not granted that female- female smooch wish but it popped up and just showing...
Your thoughts?

They did do many things different in Sims 4, might just be another one of those...

Addition: I am not saying I don't believe sims will flirt with just anyone but they wont just Auto flirt with just any sim while ONLY friends (no romance bar) or get the First Kiss Whim.
Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
JrTlDGw.jpg
Post edited by Kilov17 on

Comments

• SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    No. Not to me. It's all random, the whims.
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    This 'attraction' system goes out the window if one of my Sims has the sudden urge to kiss a super-moose Sim.
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    @SparklePlumley Well, it seems to me they wont take interest in just any sim. I have noticed if they are interested enough to want to smooch, even as only friends and feeling flirty, on their own they WILL flirt but sims who have no interest will seem to need to be forced to flirt. An observation over time while trying to get sims to WANT to be together... But they wont WANT to be with just any sim...
    I am not saying you are wrong, I am just saying I have done some studying of this due to boredom with taking all the pairing into my own hands.. You could be right, but... Idk with a lot of time it feels less random. Once they become romantic however they do naturally get romance wishes at random of course...

@plopppo2 Yeah, but maybe they left out the window saying they are more or less interested in said sim. Maybe due to trying to do some things different..? If the game is too much like Sims 3, it might beat the purpose of playing it in addition to Sims 3. People who play #3 wouldn't see the point in playing #4 if it's all more the same old story, same old song and dance.
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    I agree and have noticed this for a long time now. There IS an attraction system in play somewhere behind the scenes.
    In one save of mine, Eliza Pancakes was obsessed with my male sim. She would seek him out at the gym, the park, and pretty much everywhere else he went. I would always ignore her because i pretty much cant stand eliza or bob.
    But one time i wasnt paying attention and she flirted with my sim while he was on the treadmill. He rejected her move autonomously (because he had a gf, and also because i like to believe he loathes eliza as much as i do) but she didnt let up. Its like she was determined to get with him.
    But why? Why him?
    Thats the only time in my game where eliza (or any sim for that matter) has been obsessed with getting with a sim of mine. So that leads me to believe there was SOMETHING she was attracted to about him.
    And also, sometimes i have sims that always roll whims to do romantic things with their partners, and perform romantic socials on each other autonomously. And some never roll them at all. Never perform any autonomous romantic socials, and only give each other Friendly hugs. Its weird but to me that says they are NOT a happy couple. They are not romantically attracted to one another. They should end the relationship and be "friends" since friendly socials is all they ever perform on each other anyway.
    For a long time ive realized that, while the attraction system may not be right in your face, it is there. And sims can be attracted to one particular sim while never roll a whim to do anything romantic with the partner that i have set them up with.
    I do look for who they gravitate to more in the game because i think it means something.
  • simmerbrentleysimmerbrentley Posts: 203 Member
    I was kinda thinking the same thing. Salim wasn't very interested in Joaquin, but he sure did like his landlord. Both sims seemed similar to me. It would seem, if there wasn't an attraction system, making Salim flirt with the landlord would be as easy as flirting with Joaquin. My sims seem to pick "favorites" when seeking a romantic companion, or friends in general. Maybe there's a weight system that uses the sims traits as values to determine compatibility?
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I agree, I've had the same whims with my sims so I tend to let them be with that specific sim because I feel thats who they want to be with... :D
    edited June 2017
    @PlumDiddy I once made a sim with traits to TRY to have a sim attracted to Eliza and with said traits; Lazy Good Goofball
    Played one game after about the early part of good friends and NO ROMANCE BAR he got the wish to smooch with her for the first time. Played a new game some time later, same traits and goal, a desire to smooch, NO ROMANCE BAR at around the early point of good friends again... (Whatever) Your sims traits (are, they) got her heart thumping like she had the hearts of my lazy sims' thumping as intended. And it was proof enough for me there is a kind of attraction system.
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yeah, I have noticed that. It's sort of an unspoken system. It doesn't mean that they cannot build upon it though.

I've definitely seen it by playing a rotation. It's a lot easier to pair certain sims together than others. They also seem to naturally "click" with someone in particular. Some are a lot more effortless than others. With persistence, you can usually get most sims to hook up but some of them seem a lot more compatible than others. I usually let them pair off based upon that compatibility unless I have some other plotline or complication for them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i once saw a premade (i think akira from cl?) thinking about my sim and then he went over to talk to her and became flirty. they're married now.
    on the other hand, i created a husband for one of my heirs once, i forced them to like each other but they never really hit it off. they were never romantic with each other and the husband ended up cheating on her at the romance festival and at their wedding.
    so yea, maybe.
    pics:
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/65dc1126785c42da3050c3e5677b3671/tumblr_ortgn3QSOp1ullq0lo2_1280.png
    https://68.media.tumblr.com/1bad0b3bcd14543969e2dfd647c8d399/tumblr_ortgn3QSOp1ullq0lo1_1280.png
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I have a question - your female sim with the whim to kiss another female sim, was she in an f/f relationship before? I'm just curious if sims can roll same gender romantic whims without any persuasion. I'd like to have some gay sims in my game but other than rolling a random number generator I don't know how to pick which ones, but if some sims naturally lean one way over the other that would be easier and also pretty interesting IMO.
    edited June 2017
    @samemie
    No actually, he only romance is with Paolo. Her and her roommate I can given maybe 3-5 chances to chat a bit... Her roommates traits are just so alluring to her I guess LOL.
    Deyjah Mitchell (Sim in picture; Downloaded sim- Outfits altered) Family Oriented - Romantic - Ambitious
    OTHER woman is... Noelle Oswald: Cheerful - Glutton - Bro

I know, she's got the romantic trait and it makes sims flirty BUT she doesn't/ wont take an interest in just any sim... To be honest, he connection with Paolo was forced cause I was getting bored of waiting on her to pick one for me and wanted her to have someone but didn't want to wait forever for a pick so made a pick for her lol... Flirty or not, not auto flirting nor having a kissing desire... And she hadn't last talked to her roommate--- Idk how long before her chatting with their mutual chubby gym trainer friend who stopped talking to work out...
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member

This. I literally can make any sim like each other... There's no room for rejection. Get them flirty and anything goes... :|
    p6tqefj
    edited June 2017
    alexandrea wrote: »

This. I literally can make any sim like each other... There's no room for rejection. Get them flirty and anything goes... :|

Yes, but do they get that Whim? I'm saying sims via a whim when even only friends get some romantic interest. And wont always when only friends do they auto flirt. Yes, they can easily be FORCED into flirting... That goes without saying.
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I don't know if it's really a legit attraction in game, but I have found sims to be more prone to make romantic whims for different sims. I prefer to imagine that it is my sims attraction to that sim, even though some of them are so not right for my sim, and I play to my sims whims. But I'd think if it was a legit hidden attraction system, it would be more relevant. It's not that often that my sims get whims like that for other sims. To the point, sometimes I think my sim is going to die old and alone cause (s)he never really wished to be with any sim. If there was an attraction system, a sim would - for sure - at some point, meet a sim that they wanted to be with. That's why I think it's basically just random.

Whims cycle thru. I've canceled out 3-4 of the same whims on repeat before. And if my sim was flirty at any point when those whims where set to "queue up" (for lack of a better term), then a kiss, marry, TFB whim is more likely to pop up. So, no, I don't think there is an attraction system in place, though I like to pretend there is and play that way. It's basically just a queue of random whims, depending on the emotion your sim was in when the whim queued up (and I'm not necessarily talking about visible to you, the player. I'm talking about the queue for whims. Like I said, they usually cycle between 3-4. You can cancel out back to back whims, and they'll start repeating real quick).
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    I don't know if it's really a legit attraction in game, but I have found sims to be more prone to make romantic whims for different sims. I prefer to imagine that it is my sims attraction to that sim, even though some of them are so not right for my sim, and I play to my sims whims. But I'd think if it was a legit hidden attraction system, it would be more relevant. It's not that often that my sims get whims like that for other sims. To the point, sometimes I think my sim is going to die old and alone cause (s)he never really wished to be with any sim. If there was an attraction system, a sim would - for sure - at some point, meet a sim that they wanted to be with. That's why I think it's basically just random.

I don't mean to seem or be rude but it sounds like you're saying cause the attraction is not put into words on the screen, Sim A is attracted to Sim B as plain as day it must not exist... There may not be a sim in the town your sim will get a romantic desire or auto flirt with while ONLY friends, but if they did, I'd abandon my belief because it just would not be a fact that sims seem to have a NATURAL attraction to a particular sim (based on traits).
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    alexandrea wrote: »

Well duh. Thats a given. But thats not what this thread is about. Anyone can FORCE their sims to be with one another. You could do that in 2 and 3 even with definite attraction systems in play.
    Kilov17 wrote: »

I don't mean to seem or be rude but it sounds like you're saying cause the attraction is not put into words on the screen, Sim A is attracted to Sim B as plain as day it must not exist... There may not be a sim in the town your sim will get a romantic desire or auto flirt with while ONLY friends, but if they did, I'd abandon my belief because it just would not be a fact that sims seem to have a NATURAL attraction to a particular sim (based on traits).

No, I'm saying it's a dice roll for lack of a better word on a ton of possible whims each time your sims do anything, change emotions, talk to a sim, etc and you get a group of 3-4 per whim slot to cycle thru. No, I don't think there is an attraction, just random whims, though I play as if the whim are part of my sims attraction to another sim. Now, I could be dead wrong. There could be an actual hidden attraction system in play. They could have been one since day one or they could have implemented one in preparation for future content. Each person can believe what they chose to believe, as until we see actual, factual coding proving or disproving an attraction system in place, it's all just what we think or want to believe. I wasn't attacking you, though it seems like you might have felt that way. Just cause someone doesn't believe what you believe doesn't mean they are attacking you. I was simply saying what I believe.
    @DivieOwl Sorry, but I didn't think you were attacking me, I'm sorry I gave that impression.
    I was just.. Idk. Just trying to make sure my point as to WHY I think what I think. I know I could be wrong. I wont contest that at all.
    JrTlDGw.jpg
    @DivieOwl It sort of sounds like at times people are saying they disagree based on the idea that sims can be successful with flirting with any sim or most sims they try flirting with, but I know this but noticed some thing from avoiding having my sim become romantic by my own mouse clicks in the romance category, that they have this natural impulse to be with a particular sim type (traits).
    JrTlDGw.jpg
    @DivieOwl Sorry, but I didn't think you were attacking me, I'm sorry I gave that impression.
    I was just.. Idk. Just trying to make sure my point as to WHY I think what I think. I know I could be wrong. I wont contest that at all.

No, no worries. I just didn't want it to come off I was trying to force my opinion on anyone. This is just what I believe. Now, how I play my game is completely under the assumption of your belief. I, personally, hope they do bring in an actual attraction. TBH, I miss the old attraction in Sims 2. My favorite was picking their turn on's and turn off's.
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    I have very little experience with playing with other sims in this game as I just recently got back into it, but my couple, Gavin Richards and a sim I made, are pretty much in love. They both autonomously flirt, etc. when I'm not focusing on them, and I think it's really cute. Then I added in some mods to remove that "Chat" thing sims do, and they do it even more now. But from what I remember when I first started playing that sim, there was definitely an attraction when they met.

No, no worries. I just didn't want it to come off I was trying to force my opinion on anyone. This is just what I believe. Now, how I play my game is completely under the assumption of your belief. I, personally, hope they do bring in an actual attraction. TBH, I miss the old attraction in Sims 2. My favorite was picking their turn on's and turn off's.

I don't want to seem that way either, actually and hope I am/ can try to avoid seeming that way... :neutral:
    JrTlDGw.jpg
    I have very little experience with playing with other sims in this game as I just recently got back into it, but my couple, Gavin Richards and a sim I made, are pretty much in love. They both autonomously flirt, etc. when I'm not focusing on them, and I think it's really cute. Then I added in some mods to remove that "Chat" thing sims do, and they do it even more now. But from what I remember when I first started playing that sim, there was definitely an attraction when they met.

That's what I call Soul Mates!
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Yep, there most definitely is an attraction system, its just somewhat hidden now.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah but I want to control what my sim likes.

Like when my sim makes his favorite drink at the Bar, it's not really something I would have made his favorite. Like I made him out to be a whiskey, beer guy, not fruity drinks.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif