Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just downloaded Sims 4, can't locate the 'Electronic Arts' folder??

2...Next

Comments

• Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Just as a reminder. Your Electronic Arts folder is always found under the Documents section for both Windows and the Mac.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • sloomseasloomsea Posts: 1 New Member
    When I go to the sims 4 folder then it says bin and I had no mods folder, but I installed recourse. cfg file and I but the option to allow mods and nothing works so where do I put the mods folder?
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    sloomsea wrote: »
    When I go to the sims 4 folder then it says bin and I had no mods folder, but I installed recourse. cfg file and I but the option to allow mods and nothing works so where do I put the mods folder?

Your Mods folder is in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4. Add CC/Mods in there.

apple-signature.png
  • Mia15seMia15se Posts: 1 New Member
    There was the sims 4 thing but it wasn't a folder, it just sent me in to the game what do i do???
    Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4. That is where your saved games will be stored. There will be a series of folders where you should be able to add CC and Mods to the Mods Folder.
  • Natalie_Rainbow1Natalie_Rainbow1 Posts: 1 New Member
    On mac you go into documents which is under iCloud in your finder then the electronic arts folder will come up
    On mac you go into documents which is under iCloud in your finder then the electronic arts folder will come up

Only if you have iCloud Drive enabled which not everyone does. It is also possible to rearrange the order of the Finder sidebar and add and remove things from it. The actual file path is Macintosh HD > Users > "user" (Home folder) > Documents
    apple-signature.png
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Gozzreal wrote: »
    well I have done started the game, even made a save, checked all the boxes, relieved hidden folders. And to no avail, that folder doesn't exist on my windows 10. I even went as far as making one and it doesn't recognize it..

On My Mac Sims 4 was frozen so i axadenty deleted the sims 4 folder dose anyone know how to get it back [sorry for spelling]

It should be in your recycle bin as long as you didn't empty it. So you should be able to right click it there select copy and then open the Electronic Arts folder and paste it back in.
  • jack01jack01 Posts: 4 New Member
    heyy people i finished my download and i had some trouble with the confirmation key[the response was key is not available in your area at this time] and i closed it and when i returned the file was now responding as damaged

am using WINDOWS 7 with Winrar
    i really need some help guys i am in *zimbabwe* in Africa
    is my location discriminated from where keys are given?
    i am still told that key is not available in your area at this time like all the time i try
    heyy people i finished my download and i had some trouble with the confirmation key[the response was key is not available in your area at this time] and i closed it and when i returned the file was now responding as damaged

jack01 wrote: »

Then you're probably better off posting in the main technical forum as this is the Mac forum. Maybe you should contact EA to see about licences in Zimbabwe - https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
    apple-signature.png
  • josiecajosieca Posts: 1 New Member
    sooooo.... i tried about 1000x and i still cant find my EA folder. I downloaded through Origin because that's what the EA website told me to do. I click on documents and it's blank
    It should be there. Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4 Did you download to an external drive?
  • 1234512345 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a mac and I have played the game multiple times but I can't find the electronic arts folder please help :(
    See my post above. Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4
  • AnujsarwangAnujsarwang Posts: 1 New Member
    guys try to find on C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods
    Locating the Electronic Arts folder is the same for Windows and Macs. Locate your Documents folder (For Macs it is found under your Hard Drive). Open your Documents folder and look for the Electronic Arts folder which should contain the Sims 4 folder.