Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Renamed2002180839Renamed2002180839 Posts: 3,444 Member
    @FoundMarbles Sorry again about forgetting-

Below are a few glaring examples of what I mean. These defects in the lots are what cause items to radically shift and disappear.

16dPIgs.png

YdYLN20.png

4Sqct92.png

There are two things you can do and I do them BOTH! LOL.

First cover the entire lot with a swimming pool. Then delete the pool.

CugSJe9.png

Second cover the entire lot with a floor. Then delete the floor.

9Zmjkna.png

This should completely smooth out the lot flat. Place your build from you library on the newly flattened lot. Then re-save it as a new file on the new flat lot. I did this with my vacation house last challenge as I forgot about the issues with that lot on Oasis until I had built a large portion of it. It seems to have worked but double check it after trying this just to be sure- I don't necessarily think it's fool proof.
    If you have any questions just let me know and let us all know how it works for you! As well, if you can catch me during daylight hours (lol) then I'd be happy to download it immediately from the gallery and test placement before it's been on for very long- that way if there are issues you can yank it. To be honest I think the technique above works best when it's done before you start building but it works afterwards as well.
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    edited May 2017
    @FoundMarbles I had that issue with the last Build n Share. I tried testing the download in a different lot in Oasis Springs and large sections of landscaping had shifted into the middle of the house. I even tried the basement trick but it didn't work. Eventually I ended up repairing my game and "resetting" the directory. After that, the lot downloaded properly. Ugh! last time I had to reset the directory I lost my favorite save. I was extra careful this time!

@JasonAnthonySterling Thanks for sharing that tip! I'd rather do that than repair the whole game!
  • FoundMarblesFoundMarbles Posts: 448 Member
    @FoundMarbles Sorry again about forgetting-

Below are a few glaring examples of what I mean. These defects in the lots are what cause items to radically shift and disappear.

There are two things you can do and I do them BOTH! LOL.

First cover the entire lot with a swimming pool. Then delete the pool.

Second cover the entire lot with a floor. Then delete the floor.

This should completely smooth out the lot flat. Place your build from you library on the newly flattened lot. Then re-save it as a new file on the new flat lot. I did this with my vacation house last challenge as I forgot about the issues with that lot on Oasis until I had built a large portion of it. It seems to have worked but double check it after trying this just to be sure- I don't necessarily think it's fool proof.

Thank you VERY MUCH!! I think I will start all of my builds with your lot flattening methods! Good insurance to protect a lot of effort! The problem is I am so new at all of this, I never know if it is my ignorance on an issue or a game bug. I generally think I messed up somehow. It's nice to know it is not always My Fault!

Thank You, Again, as I am sure anyone reading this post also will. I will do both things in the morning. Have a great night! :p
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    edited May 2017
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM CHALLENGE #: 68 - Pastel Equinox Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID:FoundMarbles
    ORIGIN ID:FoundMarbles
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    LOT: Artist Residence
    LOT COST:2500
    GALLERY LINK: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/9E270F68307A11E78160D52383F2FDBD?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=FoundMarbles&max=50&maxis=false
    BUILD COST:179945
    TOTAL COST: 182445

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/PhCGq
    ENTRY DETAILS: This may not be a winner but I did have a lot of fun with it. A real artist's studio occupies the second floor.(At least it is close to my dream studio!) A lot of the living is outside and on the roof top deck. I relied heavily on the blue pastel on walls, furnishings and even a lot of the decorations. I am sure my landscaping has improved this round! (At least I like it.) Hobbies for 4 people include camera, easel, violin, and a guitar for everybody. Even the sculptures on the work table are workable and The "Hansons" seem to love changing them. A very tidy crew, they keep putting much of the kitchen clutter in the dishwasher: cups, drink mix etc.(All comes back on fresh download!) The front yard is just pretty but the back yard is a luxurious place to relax and BBQ in beautiful surroundings. Trees provide nice shade over the benches. Every reasonable space was planted and good soil applied! Athletic equipment is a punching bag and a basketball hoop so they can stay fit and healthy as a group activity.The main space is the art studio that includes a models changing screen, a posing pedestal with a seat and two sources of good artificial light over and above the ceiling light. (Above all, an artist needs great lighting!) As tends to be the case with many artists, wine is on the scene. Best of all the Hanson's really enjoy all the facilities! A good house for Blues fans, pastel blues are everywhere.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, always!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: N/A

Wqdie2A.png
    xI4VKMl.png
    Post edited by FoundMarbles on
    "Practice kindness all day to everybody and you will realize you’re already in heaven now." Jack Kerouac
    edited May 2017
    @JasonAnthonySterling Many thanks, again. I just did as you suggested and all plantings are present and accounted for.

My Challenge #68Entry Occupied : http://imgur.com/Ji64pUq
    @FoundMarbles Glad it worked! I had the same problem in the past and was just racking my brain trying to fix it. In the end I read this fix somewhere. I have no idea where- it's getting close to a year now I think since I first had a really big problem- and it worked! Yay!
  • BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    @JasonAnthonySterling , thank you for sharing this tip on how to level a lot. :smiley: It's something we should all be aware of.
    GArBA5W.jpg

Do builds with CC load to the Gallery?
    @FoundMarbles They do but minus the cc of course and they are specially marked as having cc and the player has to specially search while in game to find them. They won't show in a standard search. I don't think it can be done via the website version of the Gallery at all.
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Do builds with CC load to the Gallery?

Yes, they do, @FoundMarbles , but there is a box that has to be checked (I think it's under Advanced, but I'm not in game right now so I can't say for sure what it's called. But if you click on the toggle, it gives you the option to show CC). This is for browsing the gallery in game. I'm not sure if there is a way to see CC lots, etc. when you are on the gallery website. This is why many builders build with no CC, because casual browsers will miss their lots and rooms unless they remember to check the right box.
  • MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited May 2017
    @BuildnShare - Another question. When is this due?

P.S. Very nice build @FoundMarbles
    Post edited by MeaganJo on

@MeaganJo :smiley:
    MeaganJo wrote: »

MAY 10, look at the top of this page. Cheers! & Thank you for the compliment! :smiley:
    @MeaganJo :smiley:
    MeaganJo wrote: »

MAY 10, look at the top of this page. Cheers! & Thank you for the compliment! :smiley:

Thank you, didn't even think of looking there because I follow the link from my Twitter post to get here.

You are very welcome.
    edited May 2017
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS TO #BNS67 - FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND

Your results are now available here
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS TO #BNS67 - FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND

Your results are now available here
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    Thanks @BuildnShare for the suggestions :)
    edited May 2017
    CHALLENGE #: 68 - Pastel Equinox Designer Showdown
    FORUM ID: withlovejulien
    ORIGIN ID: withlovejulien

LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: 3 Bed 194K Traditional https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/22A09AAC32AB11E78625D7A18CD2F0D0
    (Ridiculous! It took me /this/ long to realize I wrote 3 Bed when the home has 4 bedrooms! I hate that the we can't update our builds on the gallery when we find mistakes. Now it is going to bother me every time I see it on there!)
    LOT COST: 2,500
    BUILD COST: 194,110
    TOTAL COST: 196,610
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/0amUA
    ENTRY DETAILS: This was a fun challenge. I decided on traditional because I really wanted to draw attention to the recessed entrance with a gable and have a lovely covered porch. And my two most recent builds have been modern so time to change it up! I've never participated in a challenge to feature a certain color so I featured a couple of colors downstairs (yellow outdoors and yellow and blue) and a couple more colors upstairs (a pink bedroom and a light orange bedroom). Thanks to @StSciurus for the interesting shell! I had the opportunity to step outside of my comfort zone and work my little grey cells. In the end (ahem--won't say how long /that/ took), I was happy with the flow of the floor plan.

SIM: N/A

ROOM: N/A

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Please and thank you!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: n/a

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

YjL8HkZ.png

nF6aOuR.png
    Post edited by withlovejulien on

@withlovejulien :smiley: Fantastic Build! That really a fine looking place!
    Thank you, @FoundMarbles!

Anyone have any secrets to prevent terrain paint from shifting when a lot is downloaded?
    edited May 2017
    Thank you, @FoundMarbles!

Anyone have any secrets to prevent terrain paint from shifting when a lot is downloaded?

@withlovejulien Try covering the entire lot with a pool then delete the pool and for added insurance cover the lot with flooring and follow up by deleting. THEN download the build. Thank @JasonAnthonySterling for this sage advise! He posted it a page or two back from here. It worked wonderfully for me and disappearing landscaping!

@JasonAnthonySterling :wink: His YouTube Channel is here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChTcEUgP2u4sMiEonW88uuw

@withlovejulien Am I mistaken OR did you manage to get that stone work right to the edge of your steps!? How did you manage that? I always get an irritating step gap between decks and steps. I am impressed. It is the little details I am always looking to improve on, you seem to have them "down"!
    @FoundMarbles You know, now that you mention it, I remember seeing that, the paint leaving a gap, but it stopped happening a while ago and, I'm sorry to say, I have no idea why!
    @withlovejulien You did a beautiful job bringing this build to life!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top