Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Same butler?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    Would anyone be willing to share a save file with me where they're experiencing this issue? Thanks much! :)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Sure, how do I do that & what save file do you need (all of them, the last one...)?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Sure, how do I do that & what save file do you need (all of them, the last one...)?

Hello @SimTrippy
    To send your save file to the SimGuru, zip your save files into a zip folder, upload the zip folder to Dropbox , mediafire or google drive, then pm him the link to the files that you have uploaded.
    You could send him any of the save files where the issue is taking place.
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    What's the latest save file usually called? Or can I identify it by using the "date modified" filter in Windows?
  • Options
    What's the latest save file usually called? Or can I identify it by using the "date modified" filter in Windows?

Hello.
    Try sorting the folder by date/time and it will the latest file.
    It isn't the slot _00000001.save though. That file is the autosave file.
  • Options
    sweetiebabe05sweetiebabe05 Posts: 113 Member
    I'm having the same problem and I HATE this butler. She's terrible. She just swims all day or plays in the bathtub. She never works. My old butler made breakfast, lunch and dinner for my sims and was amazing but he disappeared one day. I'm guessing he died of old age and they sent me this lady who does nothing. No matter how many times she been fired or reprimanded she just keeps doing the same thing and always coming back.

I've tried firing her then closing and restarting the game. Then got her back. I've done everything but start a new save and I don't want to do that because I've had this save going for 2 years and 13 generations. It's the same lady because she always comes back already hating my sim family.

I'm so frustrated. I want my old dead butler back. Waaaaah!
    531d4eef-f8a0-4d53-82d6-46c8f93fe9bb_zpslpma27lv.png

• Options
    simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    @sweetiebabe05 - I agree a bad butler is a problem and there should be some solutions available. I wish I could give the butler more specific directions - such as cooking a specific meal or cleaning a specific object. In the meantime I asked my butler to "move in" as a roommate to the family so more directions could be given. As I did that I remembered doing that to a butler in a previous version of Sims for the same reasons.
  • Options
    SoteirianSoteirian Posts: 4 New Member
    I tried to share a saved game that has the "same butler in multiple households" problem. I have the zip file on a Google Drive. However, I can't seem to find a way to PM SimGuruNick (or anyone, for that matter) as instructed rosemow. How do I PM someone on this forum? Thanks!
  • Options
    Soteirian wrote: »
    I tried to share a saved game that has the "same butler in multiple households" problem. I have the zip file on a Google Drive. However, I can't seem to find a way to PM SimGuruNick (or anyone, for that matter) as instructed rosemow. How do I PM someone on this forum? Thanks!

Try using @rosemow in you post - I bet you'll get a response.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Hello @Soteirian
    Welcome to the forums :)
    Because you are a new member, you are unable to send a pm to anyone else. You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, send a pm, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

What you can do instead is to post the link to the file on SimGuruNick's wall. Click on his name, and that will take you to his wall.
  • Options
    @rosemow is always here to help - awesome
  • Options
    Hi @rosemow, thanks for the help. It looks like I am not allowed to post links, either. Not even just put in the link in plain text without using the hyperlink feature. So looks like I am unable to share a the saved game. :(

Kinda weird restriction for the forum. It actually prevent us from helping the SimGuru's. Oh well.
  • Options
    Hi @rosemow, thanks for the help. It looks like I am not allowed to post links, either. Not even just put in the link in plain text without using the hyperlink feature. So looks like I am unable to share a the saved game. :(

Kinda weird restriction for the forum. It actually prevent us from helping the SimGuru's. Oh well.

Hello @Soteirian
    For the link, try breaking the link address up, such as putting h.t.t.p. in the address, instead of http. Doing this should help to post the link.
  • Options
    Hi @rosemow

Yup! That did the trick! Thank you so much! You are amazingly helpful! Really appreciate it!
  • Options
  • Options
    @SimGuruNick did you guys ever find a solution to this? I still have the exact same issue, no matter in which household I hire a butler, I'll end up with the same two women alternating constantly (so every other day it's another butler basically, but it's always one of the same two). Would be awesome if this got fixed at some point, but I'm not sure if this actually happens to many other people :'(
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    We were indeed able to narrow down reproduction steps on this one, it's specific to rotational gameplay. Playing rotationally doesn't preserve butler assignment apparently.

Not sure when it'll get fixed, but we've definitely got a report on it :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Thank you, @SimGuruNick ! It'll be nice someday to have my customized-to-the-employer butlers stay where they belong.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I have this issue too. I don't understand why we're not allowed to just choose a butler (nanny and maid) from the generated townies like we choose employees for our businesses.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    We were indeed able to narrow down reproduction steps on this one, it's specific to rotational gameplay. Playing rotationally doesn't preserve butler assignment apparently.

I don't have the problem, but I am wondering if playing rotationally with played households aging on active households only, and the non played households as aging because with that setup the butler can't use the house he is assigned to so other households could call him up. I haven't had that problem because I only got one household that has a butler. So I would recommend check the aging settings on both played and non played households, I think they have to be set aging on played households and aging on non played households for different butlers to be assigned to the new households.

auto aging setup
    rotational setup of played households active household only aging
    non played sims aging

Game: Why should I create a new butler when I can use the original one because his resident got lost in the temporal rift reference Doctor Who.

changed auto aging to
    auto aging played households households
    auto aging non played sims to aging.

Game: Can I use original butler nope, he is busy taking care of household not lost in temporal rift reference Doctor Who.
    Game: Ok I will new spawn new butler from my Pokémon eggs!

Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I have another butler issue. My regular assigned butler keeps changing on a daily basis It was nice to keep the same one, almost like family, but not now!
  • Options
    rudolpha wrote: »
    I have another butler issue. My regular assigned butler keeps changing on a daily basis It was nice to keep the same one, almost like family, but not now!

Hello
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Butler-Issues/m-p/5820066#M32308
  • Options

Awesome, thanks for the feedback! =) Here's to hoping you guys find a good fix for this, until then, Imaine will just have to be an enormously great multitask-butler with a strange alter ego relieving her from her duties every other day ^^