We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
March 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many of your sims have died lately?

Comments

• LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    2 a husband and wife. they died on the same day i guess the wife died of a broken heart
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I just had two of my sims die from old age while playing a few days ago. They were married and the husband died first. a few days later his wife died, just as she came home from work. I was so attached to them both I actually cried when I realized that they were both gone :joy:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    2 a husband and wife. they died on the same day i guess the wife died of a broken heart

Really? huh...I didn't even know that was a thing! Fascinating.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Usually I kill off the female sims because I think they make better ghosts.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    It feels like my sims are living longer or I simply haven't witnessed enough deaths lately.

One elder died at my sims house during a dinner party and one died when I visited them with some deliberately-poorly-made pufferfish.

Other than that, if I want deaths en masse, I get my vampire sim on the case!
  • AStrawberrySlushAStrawberrySlush Posts: 57 Member
    In my legacy, the founder (Sawyer) died. Her husband (Akamu) has also passed. Sawyer's eldest daughter (Luna, not with Akamu) passed the most recently. :( Her wife is an elder and will probably pass soon, leaving their three kids behind. Eloise (2nd oldest, not with Akamu) will probably age into an elder soon...thus passing in about a sim week after, leaving her 7 children behind (one of which is a baby). The twins are Adults now. My heir's, Moana, husband has just become an elder and will be passing soon too :(

Sim life can be depressing sometimes...
    Origin ID:
    AStrawberrySlush
  • B_E2009B_E2009 Posts: 131 Member
    In my current save, I'm on generation 7 now:

19 people died of old age
    2 of laughter
    4 by fire
    4 of sunlight
    1 from anger
    1 from drowning
    2 by cow plant

My six generation heir, Finley Culbert, who has just died from old age, is responsible for all of the cowplant and drowning deaths. He was evil and didn't like his three poor ex-wives. Most of the sunlight deaths were accidental though, seriously most of my vampires have a death wish in my game.
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    Just one since I first started playing (January 1, 2015). I play with aging off.

I only just had a townie vampire die from the sun. Although I tried to save him several times with Death Flowers, they seem to have only a short time limit allotted to them until they die again.

That was pretty exciting though as it was the first time I had ever seen and met the Grim Reaper in my game (after playing for more than 2 years). It was really a fun experience!
  • telexscopetelexscope Posts: 17 Member
    My very first sim ever died this morning and I forgot to pause the game bc I was looking for a cheat on yt in the background... Needless to say, I missed her death :/
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    I never saw Sims die of accidents and also not from old age, since I usually start a new game at some point and never see elders passing in my games... But lately I have been playing in one save file with different Sims. I downloaded a beautiful pool lot that looks like a beach with animated waves etc. As I went there for the first time, the place was flooded with Sims. Yep Swimming Pools seem now to attract a lot of townies! The first thing that happened was that 3 elders jumped into the water from a jump tower. Then suddenly I see Grim Reaper appearing out of his dark mist. I was like WTH??? What happened?! So I zoomed in on where he was standing and I suddenly realized that one of the elders that just jumped into the pool actually died in the water!!! It was really quick! Never saw that one before!

Then a day later I was playing at my Sim's home suddenly the camera zoomed to the other side of the street and there he was, another elder dying of old age! Two deaths in one day! Oh and before I forget a few Sims days before this, Nancy Landgraab died of old age as well.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I play with aging on, so the majority of the deaths I see are from old age. I did have two parents burn to death in a fire and a vampire die by sunlight in my rotational save, though. The first one was an accident I rolled with and the latter was intentional.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited April 2017
    How many sims have died in my game lately? All the townies in my game have died from old age except the vampire families in FH, and my vampire family. Plus three more that I accidentally killed with the Control Emotion power at that bowling alley that came in Bowling Night Stuff. I killed those three male sims by making them to embarrassed. Grim was certainly busy that night because all three died back to back right there at the bar in the bowling alley. I can certainly say that they had their last drink that night. Ooooops! >:):D
    Post edited by sunman502 on
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Just about an hour ago my vampire drained a sim because my story needed it. It was my first time using the mod, and it was kinda awesome.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Just about an hour ago my vampire drained a sim because my story needed it. It was my first time using the mod, and it was kinda awesome.

I am glad you had fun with my Deadly Drain Life Spirit mod :) Yep it makes for good stories that's for sure!
  • kaleidoscopicdollkaleidoscopicdoll Posts: 38 Member
    Just like 5 lately, all of old age. I still haven't had a sim die from anything else. One sim I didn't really like caught on fire but he survived and I was kind of disappointed.
    One of my favorites from a legacy is an elder now and I'm sad she's going to die soon. :(
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Tanja1986 wrote: »

I am glad you had fun with my Deadly Drain Life Spirit mod :) Yep it makes for good stories that's for sure!

It's an amazing mod, I'll have to find a reason to use it again lol.

I have all of the Mega Mod minus the autonomy. I couldn't play without it <3
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    I never saw Sims die of accidents and also not from old age, since I usually start a new game at some point and never see elders passing in my games... But lately I have been playing in one save file with different Sims. I downloaded a beautiful pool lot that looks like a beach with animated waves etc. As I went there for the first time, the place was flooded with Sims. Yep Swimming Pools seem now to attract a lot of townies! The first thing that happened was that 3 elders jumped into the water from a jump tower. Then suddenly I see Grim Reaper appearing out of his dark mist. I was like WTH??? What happened?! So I zoomed in on where he was standing and I suddenly realized that one of the elders that just jumped into the pool actually died in the water!!! It was really quick! Never saw that one before!

Then a day later I was playing at my Sim's home suddenly the camera zoomed to the other side of the street and there he was, another elder dying of old age! Two deaths in one day! Oh and before I forget a few Sims days before this, Nancy Landgraab died of old age as well.
    They did die in my game recently, if you can consider making them to embarrassed with the Control Emotion an accidental death. :):D
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    None in months and months. I started over months ago when Burke Devlin made Roger so angry (in the pub) he fell over dead. I put that save away and so far they have never ran into each other again but they are enemies on the old soap so it fit. I was playing Burke and he got out of control and went over to Roger and next thing I know he fell dead.

Some elderly (six) fell dead in Maggie's diner, all at once, Grim froze the game so I had to go back to earlier save and not replay her going to the diner that day.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I play generational, so my sims regularly die of old age. Some of them also have accidental deaths, the last one being Olivia Lewis who died in a fire at her scientist job. I later revived her with ambrosia.
  • itsugitsug Posts: 1,613 Member
    I dont count em.
    If I find them annoying, they die. if they are elders, they are annoying so elders are set to VERY short lifespan (1 day)
    Not had anyone die from pufferfish nigiri yet though. :P
    Admin and on Support team of MC CmD @ Discord - https://discord.gg/Jcc8uRW
    MC CmD is available at https://deaderpool-mccc.com/
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,852 Member
    Hmm... That's a really hard question.
    I had so many sims die in my save. My save is about 4 years old.
    I had so many old age deaths...
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,273 Member
    edited April 2017
    I play with aging off, but one time I left it on by accident and 2 sims died from old age and I saved without knowing. Then I had a sim die by electrocution and another death was thanks to the wishing well. Actually, that one sim died from the wishing well twice.

Edit: Oops. Nearly forgot about that repairman that died trying to fix appliances in my apartment plagued by gremlins.

Edit 2: Oh yes. Then there was that elder sim that died from embarrassment because my sim wouldn't stop talking to her until she wet herself.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    None - I have never lost a Sims yet in Sims 4. I know a couple of the Maxis sims passed - but none of mine.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

edited April 2017
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    I play with aging off, but one time I left it on by accident and 2 sims died from old age and I saved without knowing. Then I had a sim die by electrocution and another death was thanks to the wishing well. Actually, that one sim died from the wishing well twice.

Edit: Oops. Nearly forgot about that repairman that died trying to fix appliances in my apartment plagued by gremlins.

Edit 2: Oh yes. Then there was that elder sim that died from embarrassment because my sim wouldn't stop talking to her until she wet herself.
    The second edit part of your post. Now that is one thing that I haven't seen in my game yet. A sim dying of embarrassment because they had wet them selves.
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,273 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    HopeyStarr wrote: »

The second edit part of your post. Now that is one thing that I haven't seen in my game yet. A sim dying of embarrassment because they had wet them selves.

The sim who was talking to her was already making the conversation super awkward by threating her unsuccessfully (he's in the criminal career) and trying to romance her unsuccessfully. The bladder accidently became the tipper. The poor soul.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-