Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not So Berry Legacy Challenge

alwaysimminggalwaysimmingg Posts: 82 Member
edited March 7 in Nominated Threads
Not So Berry Legacy Challenge
Do you like the rainbow? Do you like the idea of playing with berry Sims but hate berry Sims? Do you want to mess around with aspects of the game you’ve never used before? Boy, do I have the challenge for you!

Welcome to the Not So Berry Legacy Challenge, a ten generation legacy with a focus on bright colors and new experiences.

Basic Rules:

Each heir must represent the color of the generation (i.e. hair, makeup, clothing), but brightly colored skin is not necessary (these aren’t actually berry Sims, that’s the joke). Of course, this is optional but a big portion of the fun.
The colors of the spouses don’t matter as they aren’t part of the challenge. Unless otherwise stated you can do whatever you please with them.
Money cheats can be used, but not excessively. Suggestion: use freerealestate for your first home, but no cheats afterward.
You may live wherever you please unless something is specified in the rules of a generation.
Every generation is supposed to complete both the career and aspiration of the heir unless explicitly stated otherwise.
Keep the lifespan on normal.
If you play this challenge and want to share it with us, go ahead and post with #notsoberry on twitter, tumblr, or even the gallery so we can see!
43a9e79e48f14f5ed6488469d6d1976f.gif
co-creator of the Not So Berry legacy challenge // I'm a lover // twitter // twitch
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    edited March 2017
    I may try this out!! I've only ever done regular legacies before, and since I prefer playing on long, this one will be a quicker pace for me. I think I may go create a founder right now (:

Edit: Here she is! I've just named her Mint, because I made her eccentric and I thought it would fit. I thought I'd make her a bit eccentric since she is a scientist, but displayed in her accessories her love for material items. I generally play "normal" sims, so I thought I would experiment! I also don't have much custom content, so it was a bit difficult finding mint colored clothing and I made do with what I had.

33223905831_8b17f13665_b.jpg

33310837646_26e211a989_b.jpg
    Post edited by Aeriexo11 on
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    Thank you! I have been hearing a lot about this challenge, I'm saving it for once I'm done with my current challenge. :)
  • faerydreams13faerydreams13 Posts: 94 Member
    I just created my Founder finally! (Had to wait to get GTW!) I'm excited to give this a try!
    Currently Playing:
    The Chudwell Legacy: The Third Generation, featuring Cassie Chudwell.
    The Prism Legacy: A Not So Berry Challenge, featuring Patina Prism
  • alwaysimminggalwaysimmingg Posts: 82 Member
    boop!
    co-creator of the Not So Berry legacy challenge // I'm a lover // twitter // twitch
  • xXMissUnderstoodXxxXMissUnderstoodXx Posts: 2 New Member
    So far I'm loving this challenge
    I love the scientist career! I haven't played much since I'm switching back and forth depending on who I feel like playing with, but so far also loving it!
    Currently Playing:
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    edited March 2017
    I've been doing this challenge for a little while and decided to look up if there was a thread in the forums here. Yay! I found one! Here is my first generation sim. Her name is Everly Berry. She actually just aged to elderly. (I cheated and aged them down in CAS to take screen shots as young adults. Keon is adult with 2 days until elderly. Then I clicked undo to X out of CAS back to the game.) I haven't been taking screenshots of my game play. She ended up having twins. I named them Royce and Roslyn. They are now teenagers, with 7 days until young adult.
    33466100585_a74cd6c0a3.jpg
    Keon Herbert; Everly's Husband
    33310052652_e1ffae4ff0.jpg
    Roslyn
    33310052622_fb7b961151.jpg
    Royce
    33466100355_9c6987b27c.jpg
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Hi there, I've just started doing this legacy and it's so much fun. I don't think my founder will achieve all the expected goals, though. She's not doing so well at work and the Mischief aspiration is taking a bit of a back seat.
    I posted some pictures in Tumblr and if anyone is interested, here is the link: http://cillaben.tumblr.com

Here is a pic of my founder, Pippa
    7rptXxi.png
  • iibunnihunniiibunnihunni Posts: 3 New Member
    This is an awesome challenge! ♥
  • princess2109princess2109 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Hey All!!
    I'm gonna try my best to stick with this ;u;
    Here's my founderess Beryl Webber!
    4ik3sj.jpg
    forum_banner.png?width=1932&height=1610
    I hadn't got around to posting my founder, but here she is! Patina Prism! :) I've played for a little bit, switching on and off with my other Legacy family, but it's been fun! I'm loving the science career! It's fun to go to work with her! And we've found a fair number of elements so far! Gotta start making friends though outside of work. Lol She does have an enemy at work though.

prettypatinaprism_zpskj3sgod4.png
    Currently Playing:
    Hey guys!! If you're looking for some Not-So-Berry cuties to put in your game I actually made a few to spice up Beryl's life!!
    (Most of these are her co-workers fyi. and if you do want them jsut lemme know~)

102tls0.jpg
    Pink Sim:: Robyn Grimm
    Purple Sim::Leigh Somberg
    Orange Sim:: Camilla Somberg
    Blue Sim:: Hayley Grimm
    Oh that's cool, @princess2109! I was just happy when I found a sim with some color in his hair for my NotSoBerry sim. hahah
    Currently Playing:
    Just a little update on Beryl! We are 5 elements away from completion, level 5 in the Science career, but kinda falling behind on the mischeif skill. Never really used that skill before
    Generation Two: Rose

You had everything you desired as a child but you were always longing for more. As an adult you have a hard time committing to relationships as you’re so focused on your career. If we had a workaholic trait in The Sims 4 you would have it. You have absolutely no maternal instincts whatsoever but you still love your child with all your heart.

Traits: Hot Headed, Snob, Romantic
    Aspiration: Serial Romantic
    Career: Politician

Rules:

-Only have one child
    -Leave someone at the alter
    -Get married as an elder

I am working on Gen two... but how does one leave someone at the alter.. I've never actually done this.
  • naughtygwennynaughtygwenny Posts: 171 Member
    Do you have to complete their aspirations?
    Do you have to complete their aspirations?

its not a requirement, but it's another challenge to try to!
    Fizzstix wrote: »

You had everything you desired as a child but you were always longing for more. As an adult you have a hard time committing to relationships as you’re so focused on your career. If we had a workaholic trait in The Sims 4 you would have it. You have absolutely no maternal instincts whatsoever but you still love your child with all your heart.

Rules:

-Only have one child
    -Get married as an elder

I am working on Gen two... but how does one leave someone at the alter.. I've never actually done this.

I think the best way to to have your romantic and friendship relationship as low as possible :smiley:
    I just wanted to show you guys Beryl's bf Jace bc he's precious a h h h!!

o94ltj.jpg
  • popettypop2012popettypop2012 Posts: 1,318 Member
    @princess2109 Both Beryl and Jace are gorgeous. Will you post pictures of their kid when they have one?
    @princess2109 Both Beryl and Jace are gorgeous. Will you post pictures of their kid when they have one?

Of course!!
    Fizzstix wrote: »

Rules:

-Only have one child
    -Get married as an elder

I think the best way to to have your romantic and friendship relationship as low as possible :smiley:

Uh oh... well ... uh.. how though.. is there an option that pops up to not complete the ceremony once it is going? (btw.. both friendship and romance is 100% on the sim I have chosen to play out my storyline with)
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    I thought this had been play tested by the creators? I have not left someone at the alter either, have made a founder for this challenge, but haven't started as yet, does anyone know how to do this? I'd hate to get to this stage and not be able to do it. Do you have to have a certain trait, like non-committal ? maybe?
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top