Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your sim's daily routine like?

Do they brush their teeth in the morning?
What did they have for breakfast?
Any interesting plans? Please share with us :)

Comments

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    edited February 2017
    Mine only brush their teeth when I need their hygiene up just a notch. or I need them confident.
    at the moment I'm playing a family of eight, the last child just started school, mum finally has some time to herself.
    two bathrooms, so there is a lot of managing that everyone gets breakfast and shower before school and dad goes to work. Mum looks after her garden, fishes and collects stuff.
    she cooks a meal for supper. when they all come home they do homework, eat while watching a movie. and dad writes another book. kids use the bathrooms and go to bed. Mum and dad clean and fix. then go to bed. That's it. sometimes in the morning if the kids have time they fish or do skills. they spend a lot of time talking.
    tomorrow evening I plan to age two of the kids up to teens. dad wants another baby lol. I pinned it, it will be pinned for a long time. lol ;)

edit. I'm playing a save with the originals as toddlers, this family I made a mum and dad and through CAS they adopted the Fyers spelling probably wrong. and had two of their own.
    My plans is to age all the toddlers up and play them through their life's, and have them marry different ones than what EA made them.
  • FFX2Paine506FFX2Paine506 Posts: 675 Member
    -Wake up
    -Eat leftovers
    -Go to work if they have a job
    -If they don't have a job, they stay home and play video games (autonomously)
    -Eat a second serving of leftovers
    -Hire a massage therapist and get a hot stone massage
    -Take a bath with lavender foam
    -Go to sleep

They use the bathroom somewhere in there.

On days I need to build charisma (because I only play sims that need that skill) or need social interaction (because I only play sims with the outgoing trait), I head out to a bar and stay there for as long as possible.
    ~I do not use mods or cc~
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    For my Triple Agent vampire ... wake up, morning feed - her roommate is so accommodating :) Perform some mischief, morning run on the treadmill and a short nap before work if she has time. Go to work, come home at 7 pm, play the violin or go visit friends.
    For my Writer vampire ... get the kids ready and off to school, morning feed (roommates definitely are beneficial), write a couple books then kids home at 3 pm, help with homework, spend time with kids and hubby.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I tend to have my sims up their needs in the morning—eating, showering, taking a dump, etc.. After that, they either go to work or work on one of their hobbies for skill building purposes (or money on the side). They might stop now and then to fill a need, or I might indulge them and take them out to town when one of their friends call. I'll let them have dinner out or once they return, and by then I usually send them to bed.
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,096 Member
    I find this interesting. I have NEVER had my sim brush their teeth. lol. I do all the other normal stuff (showering, bathroom, breakfast), but teeth-brushing I skip. Seems unnecessary. It would be cool if there were consequences if they didn't brush their teeth, then I would probably pay more attention to that. haha!
  • ScrapbooksimsScrapbooksims Posts: 144 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    I find this interesting. I have NEVER had my sim brush their teeth. lol. I do all the other normal stuff (showering, bathroom, breakfast), but teeth-brushing I skip. Seems unnecessary. It would be cool if there were consequences if they didn't brush their teeth, then I would probably pay more attention to that. haha!

Perhaps there should be 'stinky breath' moodlet if they don't brush their teeth after a few days..LOL :D

• notetoself00xnotetoself00x Posts: 499 Member
    Right now I've got a family of 5 - dad, mom, toddler boy (almost a child/all skills maxed), toddler girl (just became a toddler), and a newborn boy.

Dad works in tech guru (level 8 i think) and mom recently quit the writing career so she is a stay at home mom. They both wake up around 6am, dad toilets and showers and brushes his teeth while mom toilets brushes teeth and gets dressed and cooks breakfast.

The toddlers get themselves up around 6:30 and scoot backwards down the stairs and wobble into the kitchen (well, one runs and one wobbles. Lol). I also move the bassinet downstairs so all 3 kids are on the main level. One parent cares for the newborn (feeding, cuddling, and changing if necessary) while the other gets both toddlers into their highchairs and serves them food. Then they have breakfast together and finish around 8.

Then 1 parent cleans up while the other lifts the kids out of their chairs and takes them to the potty - younger one is still potty training and the older one can use it himself. There is a full bathroom with toddler pottys on the main floor which is very convenient.

9am dad heads off to work and the kitchen is all clean. When the kids are off the potty, mom gets them dressed and gives baths/changes diapers if necessary, then the kids go play in the livingroom while she cleans up their pottys. She usually puts the kid channel on tv and they also have a toy box, tablet, bookshelf, blocks and a stuffed bear in the livingroom. They keep themselves occupied until 12 and mom goes into the office and works on her books.

At 12 the toddlers go upstairs and have naptime in their beds. Mom takes care of the newborn then usually takes that time to shower and clean up the livingroom/clean anything in the house that is dirty.

By 2ish the toddlers wake up and use their potties in the upstairs bathroom and play in their rooms until like 4 or 5. Mom spends this time upstairs with them to help potty train and to play/interact with them.

Around 4 or 5 mom cares for the baby again and cooks dinner. The kids make their way downstairs again and play in the livingroom until 6, which is when dad gets home. They get the babies into their chairs and serve them food and they all have dinner together! Dinner is usually done by 7.

If there arent any plans for the evening, the kids just play in the livingroom until around 8 or 9. Dad plays with them and/or takes care of his own needs (usually fun and social) and heads into the office to do some programming or whatever and mom cleans up dinner then heads upstairs to straighten up the kids rooms.

Around 9 the kids go upstairs and mom helps with potty time before bed. Dad usually works on programming in the office until potty time is finished then he comes upstairs. They each read 1 child to sleep (i switch every night) and then they go tuck in the other one.

I move the bassinet upstairs and one parent usually takes care of the baby again before bed while the other cleans the potties and takes out the trash or any last minute stuff to be done.

Then they either go to bed right away if theyre super tired, sometimes they spend some time together first or even go downstairs and watch tv! And they brush their teeth before bed, and so will the kids when they are old enough lol.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I literally let them do as they please, nudging them along when they get into dire straits.

Or I concentrate on one sim for a day to level their skills up as needed for promotions, etc.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    It's different for every household I'm playing, but my newest evil family living in an underground bunker in Newcrest consists of a criminal, his scientist sister and his jobless vampire son, and their daily routine is usually the same:

Morning: Vampire comes home from a night in town, scientist gets up and ready for work, criminal is still asleep.
    Noon/afternoon: Working at the science lab with the scientist, other sims can do whatever they want at home.
    Evening: Scientist comes home, criminal is already at work, vampire prepares for his nightflight.
    Night: Vampire goes to town to use his powers and feed, criminal either joins later for some mischief or practices his skills at home.
    Weekends: My focus is more on the criminal because I rarely see him during the week, he's also the family's handyman, constantly tinkering with and improving household items.

I have another family in Willow Creek consisting of me, my sister, two cousins, another cousin in real life who is also my sister in the game, her husband and children. It's difficult to establish a fixed routine there because everyone has their own schedule, but their roles are as follows:

- Me: Writer and rocket scientist, spends most of her time writing novels, going to space and keeping to herself (loner trait), works in the writer career / author branch.
    - My sister: Comedian and cook, always making sure everyone in the house is fed and entertained, works in the entertainment career / comedian branch and is currently the family's top earner.
    - Cousin 1: Nature lover, provides the family with fresh fish (on the rare occasions that I can get her to fish, that is) and likes to explore the surroundings, works in the business career, I don't remember if she has already reached the branching point.
    - Cousin 2: Artist, likes to draw, sing and make music, can usually be found giving public concerts when my vampire goes to town, works in the painter career and was the first to reach the top.
    - Cousin sister: Mother and handyman, the only one who is already married and expecting her second child, has upgraded all household items, works in the politician career / charity branch, sometimes from home.
    - Cousin sister's husband: Premade sim from Willow Creek, you should know him, his name is Travis Scott. Primary caretaker of his children and the family's hacker, works in the IT career.
    - Children: One is a cute teenage girl whose only flaw is her attraction to a mischievous boy from the neighbourhood (Max Villareal), the other was conceived at his/her parents' wedding and hasn't been born yet.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I play in rotation, so the majority of my sims are up in the morning, and for the most part they share a similar routine.

(Doctor and Teacher)
    - shower
    - quick breakfast normally this they will eat.
    - chat and watch tv, then off to work
    - once home wife cooks dinner, they eat
    - spend some time together
    - work on skills
    - sleep

(Political husband and stay at home wife)
    - shower
    - breakfast
    - he leaves for work
    - she feeds the toddler then baby
    - cleans
    - tends to garden
    - plays with toddler
    - feeds baby
    - mid morning cup of espresso
    - lunch
    - reading time with toddler
    - feed baby
    - makes dinner
    - family eats
    - dad plays with toddler
    - bathes toddler then put him to bed
    - feeds baby
    - adult time
    - sleep

(Computer Tech and Blogger)
    - shower
    - eat same as my doctor or popcorn
    - coffee
    - work
    - home
    - goes out to eat at a restaurant
    - visits a club or two
    - some street food
    - woohoo
    - sleep

I also have the Simpsons but I haven't gotten to them yet in my rotation.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited March 2017
    Simself Mason King
    I wake up at 7-8am
    Take care of myself, Have breakfast, go exploring, come home by noon have lunch,
    Head to my Resturant and prepare to Open the Golden Boar at 4:30pm and close by a little after midnight

usually its wake up between 7am-10am for any sims and get needs up, and do what ever it is during the day, and get in bed between 8pm-1am
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • ScrapbooksimsScrapbooksims Posts: 144 Member
    Interesting routine guys, keep them coming :)
  • RLRL Posts: 305 Member
    Quinton, my current ISBI TH does this:
    - Uses the loo
    - Cooks a meal (sometimes
    - Eats food
    - Practices mixology/charisma for his job
    - Works out
    - Takes a shower
    - Cloudgazes
    - Goes to work
    - Returns home exhausted
    - Goes to bed
    - Rinse and repeat

(Of course all the others do is stay up at stupid hours, neglect their daily tasks, skip work/school and play endless video games.)
    Check out the Sutherland ISBI!
    (Disclaimer: This blog is mainly an outlet for my weird humour)
    Click anyway! ⬇️️⬇️️⬇️️
    w2HyQcq.png
  • cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    I literally let them do as they please, nudging them along when they get into dire straits.

Or I concentrate on one sim for a day to level their skills up as needed for promotions, etc.

This is how I play also , real life is pretty much like it too , LOL.
  • LuteLute Posts: 60 Member
    Jewell is the only sim I have had who is constantly happy.
    She always starts off her morning with a tinkle, shower, and then breakfast.
    She plays New Age music as she eats, and then does an energy centering Yoga routine.
    I got her a little garden to cook with fresh ingredients, and that is always tended to after Yoga.
    After that she brushes her teeth, gives her the confident mood, and she is off to her job as Charity Organizer.

I never really had a sim into Yoga, but playing Jewell is so relaxing. Especially that new age music! I even play it off-game.
  • CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    Wake up
    Play with New Born baby, feed him
    Breakfast
    Garden
    Paint Studio
    Dinner
    Sleep

8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    It really depends on what family I'm playing...the routines change from family to family. I'm currently playing the Corbett family and they do have a morning routine.

5 AM - Mom wakes up and cooks breakfast
    6 AM - Kids and dad also wake up and they eat breakfast as a family. They also all get ready for the day.

After breakfast - mom will go out to her garden and tend to it while the kids will go to school if it is a school day. Dad works as a mixologist so he just does whatever until his evening shift (always sneaking in a nap somewhere though).
  • TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    Eat
    Sleep
    Rave
    Repeat

Just kidding :wink: My play has gotten a bit boring actually! Tend to do the same thing over and over again! Trying to mix things up lately. Apart from eating, sleeping, working etc I've started to accept invitations to go out places when asked, and try to send my sims places more often. I always get stuck playing at their house on loop because I hate the loading screens! :)
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    @TheBristolSimmer - Lol, I'm the same way. I've been making sure to always throw a birthday party when a Sim is aging up recently and been trying to go out to other locations. I find myself always at home when I have more than two Sims in my household because I'm obsessed with micro managing and hate leaving a Sim behind with no control. And sometimes it just doesn't fit the story line in my head to have the whole family go out to a different location.
  • TheBristolSimmerTheBristolSimmer Posts: 705 Member
    @TheBristolSimmer - Lol, I'm the same way. I've been making sure to always throw a birthday party when a Sim is aging up recently and been trying to go out to other locations. I find myself always at home when I have more than two Sims in my household because I'm obsessed with micro managing and hate leaving a Sim behind with no control. And sometimes it just doesn't fit the story line in my head to have the whole family go out to a different location.

Ah! I'm the same. I am a complete control freak! I'm constantly switching from aging on to off to make sure I have control over whats happening in my current households! :smiley:
    The Bristol Simmer||Find my builds and legacy updates on the gallery! Have a happy day!

68OUgVc.jpg
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    My sims wake with enough time to eat and shower.
    I'm playing a family with a child and one toddler, mum and dad.
    parents are both in the Astra nought career.
    so, parents get up, while one showers and pees the other makes breakfast, or they have leftovers from dinner the night before. sometimes they just have cereal. toddler gets up uses potty and grabs a plate. child is up and they all eat roughly at the same time, sometimes. while they eat they talk.
    sometimes mum and dad are still sleeping because they were upgrading their space rocket till the early hours. or one took a night time space ride. while the other either cooked, or sat in the hot tub. or if the toddler wakes up during the night they sooth and help the toddler with skills. around 4am parents and toddler goes to bed.
    child gets up and goes to school without seeing parents until the evening.

parents either go to work, care for toddler or work on skills. when at work a nanny comes.

in the evening, child usually brings home a friend, or goes to talk to a friend outside the house. she just finished the social butterfly aspiration. she spends a little time with her little sister. they eat she does homework and watched a movie, or puts on a play with the puppets for everyone to watch. or she plays chess with friend or family.
    they all go to bed, usually after the toddler is well asleep.

no times, because I can't play like that.