Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What have you done with the Lum family?

For me I put them in Bridgeport, and then Theodore Lum became a 1 star celebrity.

Comments

• Options
    I moved in them to Sunset Valley from the beggining, as any other family from bin. In my game Theodore works in school as a teacher and Lily has cooking career. What's interesting about them they have 4 sons already, Lawrence (the premade one - who's young adult already and moves out to Roomies, because Emma's, after wedding, now living with Frios), Logan (teen), Lester (child) and Lenny (todler). They live next to Claire Ursine, so all brothers share one bedroom. What's more intresting the oldest Lawrence Lifetime Wish is Superstar Actor, so he will work in movie studio placed beetwen Landgraabs and Altos, and be celebrity in Sunset Valley. And Asian family name Lum will be popular in future, because of Lawrence three younger brothers. He himself has Dislikes Children trait, so not a family guy. That's what I've done to them for now. Good ethnic Sims for me. Planned only Lawrence future for now.
  • Options
    And here are few photos from my game, where Lawrence is still a teenager, Logan child, Lester is newborn, and Lenny not even planned:

Screenshot-383.jpg
    Screenshot-379.jpg
    Screenshot-386.jpg
    Screenshot-385.jpg
    Screenshot-395.jpg
    Screenshot-409.jpg
    Screenshot-412.jpg
    Screenshot-413.jpg
    Screenshot-418.jpg

More pictures here:
    http://therealsunsetvalley.blogspot.com/2016/07/trsvs02e27-lum.html
  • Options
    AnvilshippingAnvilshipping Posts: 240 Member
    I don't usually play the family bin sims, actually often I end up hiding them.
  • Options
    therealsunsetvalleytherealsunsetvalley Posts: 438 Member
    edited February 2017
    I don't usually play the family bin sims, actually often I end up hiding them.

In TS2 with every EP there were new families in bin and I placed and included them all in my game. Maybe I am just a premade families freak.
    Post edited by therealsunsetvalley on
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    My main game is in Sunset Valley so usually they are there for backround purposes.
    In my game both parents are in sports career. My other teens usually don't get along well with Lawrence(?) the teen. and one time when I played teens household (sort of a boarding school) The mother (Lilly?) kept visiting her son and didn't want to leave.
    They are annoying! I hate them. :neutral:
    (I play with all the other bin families too, and the Lum's are my least favourite.)
  • Options
    GlimmeringsGlimmerings Posts: 143 Member
    I remember that when I first got Sims 3, they were the first family I played with. I moved them into the "Pre-fabulous" trailer in Sunset Valley :)
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,999 Member
    I moved all the bin families into homes in Sunset Valley. I had to alter a few homes to make them affordable. I find it interesting that I chose the same house for the Lums in my game.
  • Options
    AnvilshippingAnvilshipping Posts: 240 Member
    I am a slight premade sim freak. I mostly played custom hoods in TS2, but I sort-of felt attached to the premades in TS3.
  • Options
    Animal70Animal70 Posts: 45 Member
    I picked the cheapest pre-made house for the Lums, but they still couldn't afford it. :( The current one that my sim is living in, revamping and landscaping before sale is worth §129,000 only partially furnished,,,it might top §150,000 before the landscaping is done. And it's even got a deathfish/angelfish/alley-catfish pond to boot. :P
  • Options
    therealsunsetvalleytherealsunsetvalley Posts: 438 Member
    edited February 2017
    In my game Theodore works in school as a teacher and Lily has cooking career.

No i checked it, actually Lily doen't have cooking career in my game, she work as a Clothes Folder in Spa. I always try to fill those careers with Sims with Lifetime Wishes like theirs and both Lily and Theodore (who works in school as a Teacher's Aide) have Super Popular Liftime Wish.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I like to torture Lily who is a polar opposite of her husband.She is the Jared Frio of female sims.

Theodore is friendly/Lily Mean Spirited
    Theodore is a heavy sleeper/Lily is a light sleeper................ I assume he heavily sedates himself to avoid her.
    Theodore is a schmoozer who likes to compliment/Lily is a Snob who likes receiving compliments

Yet they both have the lucky trait

If you call a guy who gets a nagging wife who stays up all night and thinks she is better than everybody LUCKY.I will choose to spend my life under the unlucky dark cloud. :s

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    From the pictures above, she doesn't look like she knows how to smile, that's for sure. If I were Theo I would be looking for a way out.
  • Options
    MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    People, You DO see this is a quite old thread, right? -But who am I to complain, maybe it is relevant.
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Meh. I saw posts from Feb and then current.

It's not as necrotic as the "HAVE YOUR SIMS EVER MAXED OUT ALL THEIR SKILLS?" post resurrected after 8 years yesterday. I can only guess the OP could not find a current thread on the topic they wanted to speak about and had to bring out the Voodoo because they don't have posting rights yet and can only reply to existing threads. I feel the need to go cure zombies now. Speaking of - my sim was sent on a "parent of teenager" vacation yesterday and when she came back all progress in her Mystical Healer lifetime wish was gone. Back to zero and she was half way through. Oh well. No more vacations for her!
  • Options
    MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    @1need4kaffee - True.
    -Some topics aren't hurting anyone to necro a little.
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,942 Member
    I have to sadly admit I don't know who they are or where they come from - so you can safely assume I don't do anything with them.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Karritz wrote: »
    I have to sadly admit I don't know who they are or where they come from - so you can safely assume I don't do anything with them.

@Karritz

They are bin premades the families in the bin that came with Base Game.

Funke ...My favorite of the bin families.Mother,Father,a son and two daughters
    Lum Family
    Williams Family
    Martinez Family
    Baker Family
    Glover Family The most fun to play a YA guy and girl who are friends meant to get together as part of the bio

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,942 Member
    Karritz wrote: »

@Karritz

They are bin premades the families in the bin that came with Base Game.

Funke ...My favorite of the bin families.Mother,Father,a son and two daughters
    Lum Family
    Williams Family
    Martinez Family
    Baker Family
    Glover Family The most fun to play a YA guy and girl who are friends meant to get together as part of the bio

Thanks. I wondered if they might be there after I posted my question. I didn't remember to look though when I launched my game. I only use the Glover / Wosny couple from the library. I do vaguely remember using one other family briefly but don't even remember which one it was.
  • Options
    @karritz Where are the pics :p I wanna see em.I like that family.Hopefully you still have them.I do not like the Lum family, really do not like mean spirited sims they stick with that trait and never get out of character.You see them anywhere all day long harassing sims :s *Cough* Jared Frio

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    I put them into Twinbrook, in the house next to the firestation (the one with the car on the platform) and left them as inactives.
    Recently one of my active family went to a party at the Lum's & I discovered that they now have 5 kids. The premade son + two sets of twins...all in that little house with two double beds...and the youngest set of twins were toddlers too, exhausted & crying, with no cribs!

I felt bad for them so I used testingcheats to build on the lot & fix them up cribs & more beds (bunk beds FTW).

My family are very rich, so I considered it an act of charity.

I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • Options
    PatchouliNittPatchouliNitt Posts: 78 Member
    I don't notice the sims in the bin. Even when I was playing Sims 2 I didn't touch families/sims in the bin.
    39edf25f4f3d48e6b489772a75136841.gif?ssl=1&w=450
    Check out my simlit here: Chronicles of Patchouli's Sims