Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So...Im going back to the sims 3

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    Kitiara wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    WillowG145 wrote: »
    Minai wrote: »
    Im so glad for you, glad it wasn't waisted!!

Like, I know the sims 3 have the awful pudding faces but still its so much better!!

And even the pudding faces can be resolved with just a simple custom skin :)
    And without one :p

Silas2c2_kl_zpsfzdbl2qc.png

OMG that looks like a guy I dated years ago (no lie). Is his name Rocky?? hahaha

Where does that guy live? :p

(Never mind, too far probably and I'm too young. And human creatures rarely equal sims perfection)
    I'd like to know as well :D He's probably too old for you and too young for me :p
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 708 Member
    It even feels so much better to play sims 3 now lol
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited February 2017
    I started to play the sims (3) only last year, at the time I was not aware that there's a newer version :open_mouth: so it's nice to hear that the sims 3 is still relevent and it's not just me:)

No, it's not just you. :D I bought Sims 3 after the announcement of Sims 4.

And to the OP, welcome back. B)
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

Like, I know the sims 3 have the awful pudding faces but still its so much better!!

The pudding faces can be pretty bad... but, to me, Sims 3 sims are much more unique and pretty/goodlooking.

QytqGDS.jpg

LWIzq5x.jpg

6XbQtj0.jpg
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Welcome back to the sims 3! While ive had the game since launch, ironically it was the sims 4 that pushed me back into the game and once I got a new pc = one happy simmer.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member

Yep, that's what I love about TS3. If I want pudding face, I can have it. Or if I want realism... I can get as eerily detailed as I want. O.o which I looooove btw. lol.

32273620194_d9b81fc88e_o.jpg

But with TS4 everything is plstic-y and doll-looking. Idk I feel like the sims look more like puddy in this iteration, but their interactions make up for it. It's a bummer I can't edit the Gfxrules file on TS4 to my liking.... Everything turns black. :/

32962247902_89f76e7787_o.png
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    alexandrea wrote: »

Yep, that's what I love about TS3. If I want pudding face, I can have it. Or if I want realism... I can get as eerily detailed as I want. O.o which I looooove btw. lol.

But with TS4 everything is plstic-y and doll-looking. Idk I feel like the sims look more like puddy in this iteration, but their interactions make up for it. It's a bummer I can't edit the Gfxrules file on TS4 to my liking.... Everything turns black. :/

Where did you download that cc skin? No matter what skin I download my sim still has the pudding face lol
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Smell you later.

YirwQGJ.gif

Seriously? It really baffles me the amount of time people who supposedly love and are so engrossed in TS4 have to write comments like this when someone is just posting their opinion!

Well you have seen my other thread and they are all bragging about how many likes they (the ones who oppose me) get compared to me on their replies and yet in this thread, I am actually getting likes as well with my witty come back.

Sorry to go off topic but I am sick of being bashed for liking TS3 across the forums but again I will say welcome back to The Sims 3, OP and I hope you enjoy being part of our community as well :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    AnvilshippingAnvilshipping Posts: 240 Member
    Yeah! Welcome to all TS3 simmers!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    alexandrea wrote: »

Where did you download that cc skin? No matter what skin I download my sim still has the pudding face lol
    That's because adding a skin isn't enough, you'll also have to pull some sliders ;)

JackampJack_zpsqdjrlcha.png

(this is kurasoberina's primer skin)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    saltyllamasimmersaltyllamasimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    I feel like sims 4 is much too easy and nothing interesting happens. I guess the vampire game pack made it better but now I'm ONLY interested in the vampires..
  • Options
    Smell you later.

YirwQGJ.gif

Seriously? It really baffles me the amount of time people who supposedly love and are so engrossed in TS4 have to write comments like this when someone is just posting their opinion!

Well you have seen my other thread and they are all bragging about how many likes they (the ones who oppose me) get compared to me on their replies and yet in this thread, I am actually getting likes as well with my witty come back.

Sorry to go off topic but I am sick of being bashed for liking TS3 across the forums but again I will say welcome back to The Sims 3, OP and I hope you enjoy being part of our community as well :smile:
    I think the majority of players left there are the ones liking Sims 4 and hating Sims 3, so yeah, anti Sims 3 will get more likes there. So? Doesn't make those opinions right ;) (I'm baffled by the 'bragging' part by the way, it sounds utterly insecure to me, as does the attitude shown on page 1 here; but it's all fine by me, let everyone enjoy the game(s) they like playing)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    JSimmyJSimmy Posts: 51 Member
    Ill be honest, i hated the sims 3 when they first came out because they looked weird to me (Avid Sims 2 Stan), but recently in the last couple of years I've been obsessed. Amazon had an amazing sale and now i just about own every expansion and stuff pack for the sims 3. Im just missing two stuff packs. The sims 4 is a bit shallow to me so i always go back and play the sims 2 and 3. The best editions to date!
  • Options
    budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    Odonata68 wrote: »
    I started to play the sims (3) only last year, at the time I was not aware that there's a newer version :open_mouth: so it's nice to hear that the sims 3 is still relevent and it's not just me:)

No, it's not just you. :D I bought Sims 3 after the announcement of Sims 4.

And to the OP, welcome back. B)

I got sims 3 after reading all that was missing from sims 4. I was so upset about it as I wanted to go from sims 2 to sims 4 as I was honestly not a fan of sims 3 at that time. But I felt like I had to move on to next sims game since I was anticipating sims 4 for so long. Luckly sims 3 grew on me pretty quickly, I could really expand my gameplay with cc and mods just like with sims 2. Sims 4 stayed a dissapointment :<
  • Options
    MGDMGD Posts: 14 New Member
    Yeah, I don't blame you. The Sims 4 is okay, but they should sell it for 40-60 dollars and make it include The Sims 3 and all it's expansion packs if they want it to sell very well.
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    edited February 2017
    Smell you later.

YirwQGJ.gif

Ha! @king_of_simcity7 When they make the leader board, then they can brag. ;)
    Post edited by Odonata68 on
  • Options
    HalalloverHalallover Posts: 124 Member
    welcome back to the sims 3!
    2dihvli.png
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Smell you later.

YirwQGJ.gif

I know that's why I peaced out of that thread. They're like a pack of angry sharks, one smells blood and the rest go in for the kill :D

And I get it completely, you literally cannot even bring up TS3 on that side of the forums without someone jumping down your throat. You could be saying as little as "I wish this feature from 4 was more like it was in 3" and they go insane! I feel like there's really no safe place to share feedback on the newest game. It sucks.

And them bragging about how many likes they get is ridiculous and just shows their immature nature, don't worry about it king :) It's funny though because if they took a look at any site outside of the forums, the dissatisfaction definitely outweighs the satfisaction with 4. But oh well, at least this side of the forums is much nicer!
  • Options
    As I was playing sims 3, I noticed just how much it was so detailed. The environment was beautiful!

Sadly we'll never see that in TS4.

I just don't know what else to say about TS4...no detail, no color wheel, no open world, sims look horribly cartoony with their awful non stop smiling, only 3 traits, boring interactions among teens(nothing unique with teens, lack of lighting,(no matter how many windows you put in, you still have to place a lot of lamps, there's no natural light... Even when light in my game is on ultra.

See with ts3 I did miss a couple of things from ts4 such as the sliders and....
    Wait a minute...what else did I miss, I can't remember?

• Options
    Either put an open world back in or scrap the game and work on ts5...

I don't care how long it takes and how many resources they have to use to add an open world...
    But do it.
    EA has milked so much money out of their players I believe they have enough funds to add an open world, along with open restaurants and places.

TS4 could be a great game if EA put more effort into it.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 596 Member
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    Sims 4 is so boring. Even with toddlers, I just exit the game 5 min after playing.

I feel that we are due for a pets or seasons expansion pack.

I just feel a lot is missing from this game...

I think the sims team did an amazing job on the toddlers, but between all the dang bugs and bad programming... toddlers will only get you so far. Then you realize how meh all other lifestates/ages are. That's how it is for me.

I still will fire up the game and play for a few minutes here or there, but I always either get frustrated with all the bugs/glitches or just lose the fun of it.

Funny, I never get the meh feeling from sims 3.

This!
  • Options
    Either put an open world back in or scrap the game and work on ts5...

I don't care how long it takes and how many resources they have to use to add an open world...
    But do it.
    EA has milked so much money out of their players I believe they have enough funds to add an open world, along with open restaurants and places.

TS4 could be a great game if EA put more effort into it.
    I would be surprised if open world is technically possible for Sims 4. Anyone hoping for open world in this game again will have to pin their hopes on a Sims 5.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    NRAAS can fix pudding face.

Just have a few custom sim families in your sim bin each with different face genetics/skins etc and then NRAAS story prog can force all townies/immigrants to have their genetics taken from the sim bin instead of default pudding faces.

Also once every sim week I move in a new custom made family with all random genetics and stuff to keep the town genetics flavoursome and alive. Not one pudding face in my town.
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Does this count as pudding?
    allan1.jpg

I love blue-skinned vampires.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    SunnyyesjamsSunnyyesjams Posts: 541 Member
    I find smaller eyes and stronger/different jaw shapes usually help with the pudding. And I'm so sad about ts3 players leaving the forum ): It feels lonely. I wish I loved ts4 tbh but it's not doing for me. I think I would like it a lot more if they implemented a CAW tool. At this point, open world is pretty much out of question but they could at least let us create our own neighborhoods.

@king_of_simcity7 People actually bash you for that? The time they have on their hands :unamused:. Thankfully I haven't seen that as I rarely visit s4 forums now.
    kwdT9wX.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top