This site has entered read-only mode as of July 18th. The new Forums.EA.com are now live.

My first sim just died!!! (from the Keaton family)

Hey,
I was just playing the Keaton family: mum, dad, bro (who the mum was already pregnant with) and two sisters. They were all teens so I let them go to the community pool, then after a bit I made them go for a meal but as they were gettin out the pool the brother started drowning... I was horrified.
He was my first sims 3 baby and he died a few days before he was a young adult :cry::cry::cry:. R.I.P

Screenshot-11.jpg

Screenshot-12.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MagilicottiMagilicotti Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2009
    Yikes, bad luck.

My sim also died from fire. I was tinkering with the PC, and boom, The PC, desk, desk chair and the sim was on fire. No fire alarm in the living room, so he burnt up good.
  • Options
    lolasux82lolasux82 Posts: 60 New Member
    edited June 2009
    heartfelt condolences to you both.
  • Options
    KattieKattie Posts: 184 Member
    edited June 2009
    Wow :shock:, looks like i will have to keep an eye on my sims when they are swimming.
  • Options
    The only tragic death in my Sunset Valley game yet was teenager Ethan Bunch killed by electricity. Other Sims just die from old age - Buster Clavell being the first one. Hope in another round of my game I would experience at least one accident :-) I haven't fulfilled Gold Digger Lifetime Wish yet, so there will be murderer in my story as well.
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    My first TS3 baby died before they were a child... Unintentional and I learnt from it. That you should always build their bedrooms outdoors!

...maybe you'll learn to avoid drowning in future...

It took me awhile for my first TS3 sims to not autonomously swim, then drown.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    AnvilshippingAnvilshipping Posts: 240 Member
    I did'nt have many deaths in my TS3 games. If there were, usually it was sims in other households. But I've played some Playable Ghosts.
  • Options
    TragicClownTragicClown Posts: 58 Member
    Oh no sorry to hear but nowadays you can't even swim without the grim reaper getting you
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I know this thread is from eight years ago, but I don't get it. Am the only one who would just quit without saving if something awful like that happened? :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited February 2017
    igazor wrote: »
    I know this thread is from eight years ago, but I don't get it. Am the only one who would just quit without saving if something awful like that happened? :/

I have a pretty strict "no exit without save" policy. IRL I couldn't be like, "Ya know what, my crazy aunt just died from drowning... I'm not okay with that, I'll just exit without saving and let her live". I wish that was the case IRL, and I play Sims for realism mostly (with some fantasy sprinkled in for fun, but hey, I still believe vampires and aliens could be real). It would have to be "game ending" for me to exit without saving, as in no other sims to carry on the game with.

Plus, I find it fun to roll with the punches my sims lives give them. It's fun to try to add it into the story in my head and make it make sense and see how my sims characters develop from the event and/or loss.

As for the Keaton's, they had a son in my Random Legacy that was a real jerkface. My sim invited him to a birthday party (I believe it was when my son was turning into a child) and the Keaton boy, Lawrence, decided he wanted to bully and pick on my sims daughter who was a child at the time. Lawrence was a teen. I've never been a fan of the Keaton's but now, they are really on my bad side.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    Nearly all of my sims have a deathflower in their inventory (when I play my legacy I take it out, as soon as they turn elder, so they can die of old age. Unless I forget :| ). But yeah, an unexpected death to a sim like that? Sooo quitting without saving! :)
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    I kill Sims almost daily so one of mine dying would most likely be okay, but if I was doing a story and needed that character I would exit w/o saving, not biggie to me...
  • Options
    Achoo89Achoo89 Posts: 608 Member
    Whoa old thread.

If it was a sim I was attached to I would just quit and not save but sometimes it is nice to mix the game up a tad!
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    I kill Sims almost daily so one of mine dying would most likely be okay, but if I was doing a story and needed that character I would exit w/o saving, not biggie to me...

You alright there bud? :D
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    Everyone has saves where they mostly kill sims.
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member

Uhm, nope. :|
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,942 Member

Actually I don't. I see the reaper maybe once or twice a year and it is never a sim I control unless their time ran out as they aged up and a lot of my elders find a young again potion to be helpful.

I had a homeless sim I've never controlled die in my game today but I didn't see it happen. I suspected she was in danger and tried to get her to leave my Sims house but she wanted to stay so I thought maybe she'd take care of herself but she didn't.
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    edited February 2017
    One time when I played with Story Progression on, and the town was over populated- my CAS family just had their second daughter. I am the one that caused the pregnancy but by the time she gave birth I already switched to another household. Anyway after a while I came back to this family and found out the little baby was gone :flushed: that was traumatic. Since than SP is forbidden in most of my games. I am the only one that approves death... and I don't do that very often / at all... Buster Clavell should probably died a long time ago for example but I just can't let anyone go...
  • Options
    Yeah, for me it often depends too. I've played in many ways, usually with my baes by my side!
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

I don't have a save where I mostly kill sims.... :confused:

Granted, I'm not above killing a sim and if they tick me off good and plenty, it's over for them. But to be fair, I haven't intentionally killed a sim in quite a long time, threaten to kill one... daily, but none have pushed my buttons to the limit in quite some time.... that and I've been playing a lot of challenges where intentionally killing sims is frowned upon.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    If I had a save that would be dedicated to killing sims, it would have to be a "Dark Blair" save.
  • Options
    br560br560 Posts: 1,836 Member

No... (Hides murderous saves) :D
    Br560.
    Playing the sims since 2012
  • Options
    HalalloverHalallover Posts: 124 Member
    If one of my sims ends up dying I immediately reset the sim to save them. I spent way too much time in CAS to let my beautiful sim die! lol. I almost cried when the vending machine fell on my favorite sim I had to quickly reset him.
    2dihvli.png
  • Options
    alexandrea wrote: »

You alright there bud? :D

Just fine thank you, I may have exaggerated just a tad...don't think I've killed a Sim in a few weeks.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited February 2017
    LOL @Charlottesmom. Wow, weeks you say? :D

I have never killed a sim, ever. It's never even occurred to me to do that. I have intervened to avoid a meteor, the one and only that ever fell on an area where I was playing and there were sims around, and I have saved an inactive from death by vending machine (sorry, that's not part of my storyline either -- do you know anyone in real life who died that way?). Certainly I've removed misbehaving or unwarranted homeless NPCs (totally non-playable characters) from my game, but data removal by way of a mod so it's as if they never existed in the first place is not the same as killing them. I don't mean that my sims and those around them live forever, but there has to be a reasonable explanation for a sim's death for me to allow it. Old age counts as reasonable. Standing in the way of where someone wants to go or refusing to do what they are meant to do (e.g., go to work or staff a cash register/bar) does not.

Not being judgemental or anything, but all of you stay away from me we all have different play styles. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @igazor , Mostly I kill of my simself, she gets terribly irksome so a creative death is what she gets, I just recently wanted a jelly bean ghost and she was nearby soooo hey what could I do?!? >:)

I really don't kill them that much but it doesn't bother me if I starve a particularly annoying one here and there.