Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    edited February 2017
    This looks like a great challenge @Brennachan! I love apocalypse style challenges and making my sims live off the land, I think I may have to start this one :D

Just a few questions:
    -Are the rules on the two threads the same?Looking at this on my phone so it's hard to compare
    -What lifespan do we use?
    -Can we use potions? Can we use potion of youth?

Post edited by Pebblycat on
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
    Another 2 questions... Can we rotate around the different families or do we just play our Sim/Dusty Boots? and Where do we put Dusty boots if we use our own Sim?

Sorry for being a pain :# but I'm super excited to start, finally downloaded all the lots and I must say they look fantastic!
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    @Pebblycat -- I'm thrilled that you have decided to become a Murklander! YAY!!!

Ok, to answer your questions, please use either aging off or long life because there's a second challenge after the first and I want to make sure you have time to do both, if you want.

I will be having other challenges -- one with the Infected and one with the Mutant Raccoons and one for the gym but they will be smaller than the starter challenge. You can play Murkland any way that you want (moving from household to household BUT for the starter challenge you will either be your simself or Dusty). If you choose not to play Dusty, go ahead and add her to the Burner Campers.

I'm going to say no to the potions because when I played tested the challenge, I didn't use any. Maybe that's something that can be added to a side challenge -- I'll have to think on that.

Please come here with any questions and to post screenies! I am super excited that you want to start!

And I will continue to add lots and households. Murkland is a WIP so you are a pioneer!

Hugs and hip bumps!
    Thanks for your reply @Brennachan :)

I'll have to turn aging off but I figured it would be no for the potions ;)

I've started the challenge already and it's lots of fun especially when you're trying to make trash plants and everyone who walks past your lot tries to clean them. My Simself was going mad for a while, hovering around the trash piles protecting them. I was concentrating on getting a few trash plants started at first and in doing so my Sim had some pretty gross hygiene for a while. I did get my herbalism skill up and I've gotten through 2/4 levels in the aspiration. Eating trash fruit is a different experience, sometimes my Sim will hate it and other times like it.

I was so absorbed in protecting my trash I forgot to take some screenies but will definitely put some up soon :D
    I feel honoured to be a pioneer and thank you for creating the challenge :)
    @Pebblycat -- I'm so happy that you are doing the challenge and that you have already gotten to level 2 of the aspiration! Wow! Yes, those townies will try to clean you trash! They need to mind their business! ROFL

I also just uploaded a new build and household from the Mad Mud Faction (they are a different faction from your group The Burner Faction)

Have fun! Keep posted on your progress! Woot! Woot!
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Brennachan wrote: »
    @Pebblycat -- I'm thrilled that you have decided to become a Murklander! YAY!!!

Ok, to answer your questions, please use either aging off or long life because there's a second challenge after the first and I want to make sure you have time to do both, if you want.

I will be having other challenges -- one with the Infected and one with the Mutant Raccoons and one for the gym but they will be smaller than the starter challenge. You can play Murkland any way that you want (moving from household to household BUT for the starter challenge you will either be your simself or Dusty). If you choose not to play Dusty, go ahead and add her to the Burner Campers.

I'm going to say no to the potions because when I played tested the challenge, I didn't use any. Maybe that's something that can be added to a side challenge -- I'll have to think on that.

Please come here with any questions and to post screenies! I am super excited that you want to start!

And I will continue to add lots and households. Murkland is a WIP so you are a pioneer!

Hugs and hip bumps!

I think I am going to use regular aging but try to earn the LTW reward potion of youth .. make it a bit more challenging and fun .. you can earn points quickly by using the nature LTWs and switching them around as you go .. .. headed in tonight (FINALLY all caught up on my stories)

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    edited February 2017
    OH I just reread the rules .. my aspiration is friend of the world .. and no potions .. I have never played with aging off or extended but I guess it is a first for everything!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    OH I just reread the rules .. my aspiration is friend of the world .. and no potions .. I have never played with aging off or extended but I guess it is a first for everything!

at least you would have collected a decent amount of points for when/if we get to use them ;)
    OK I finally got some screenies!
    Pebblycat Sims
    r6D8kiI.png

Selling her collectibles and delicious trash fruit
    PrJPtcA.png

Pebblycat trying to convince Dominic that her trash fruit is the best in Murkland
    WjsENGP.png

When you're trying to get some trash plant seedlings happening
    HHbQG5p.png

My pants are on FIRE!
    q9Iko1B.png

Even though she's burnt to a crisp, her gluttonous trait will always take over
    MwnDvx6.png

and she's on fire again!
    4IJtHYx.png

I've finally grown all the trash plant seedlings, what a relief :D
    edited February 2017
    @lisabee2 -- you might be onto something! Since you and @Pebblycat have enthusiasm for the potion of youth and I am getting excited about it myself -- let's do two choices. You can do regular life span and get the potion of youth or you can play with aging long/off. Depending on the level of difficulty you want. I can add that to the challenge. What do you two think? To me, the challenge should grow and adjust as questions are asked or raised...

@Pebblycat -- yeah for getting the trashplants grown from scratch! That has been hard for many Murklanders!
    AUGH was having troubles enough .. the whole not bathing thing ... and I cannot get a trash plant to start to save my life .. I finally got visitors to LEAVE the trash pile alone and now it will not get a plant even tho it has been 3 days .. and I cannot figure out how to get the trash from the public bin to my house .. I might have to invest in a bin that I can take the trash out of myself BUT NOW a bigger threat to my welfare .. Vlad has decided he is my BFF and follows me everywhere .. even to the hermit house AUGH

[img][/img]fnpczXi.png
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    hmmm.. my suggestions would be:
    -if you have aging on that you need to complete the aspiration before you become an elder (would give tons of time starting as YA) and can only use it if you have the required points or you can use a potion anytime so long as you have the points
    -to be able to use the hygiene potion (by whatever rule you decide @Brennachan ) to tempt Sims in "wasting" their points which could make it more difficult

Just some ideas :)
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    AUGH was having troubles enough .. the whole not bathing thing ... and I cannot get a trash plant to start to save my life .. I finally got visitors to LEAVE the trash pile alone and now it will not get a plant even tho it has been 3 days .. and I cannot figure out how to get the trash from the public bin to my house .. I might have to invest in a bin that I can take the trash out of myself BUT NOW a bigger threat to my welfare .. Vlad has decided he is my BFF and follows me everywhere .. even to the hermit house AUGH
    [img][/img]fnpczXi.png

The trash plants take a long time to sprout that's why I had tons of them going at once and protected them like a madman :D You should have an outdoor bin that came with the camp? I wouldn't imagine you can carry trash from a public bin.

Oh dear, maybe you are one tasty individual ;)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @pebblycat - no, you can't carry the trash plants from the roadside trash bins. You have to have one on your lot. But, yes, hard to keep sims from cleaning them up, or even your own sim wanting to add it to the bonfire. Nooooo! lol I don't have the vampire pack yet, but will probably get at the end of the month. Downloaded the new lots yesterday! @Brennachan - great work on the new ones and those new sims! Keep up the good work.
    @Pebblycat -- great ideas. I didn't want the sims to use the hygiene potion because I really want them to make the deodorizing cream or use the hot tub on the days that they can. Though for the second part of the challenge, perhaps being able to use the potions would work.

I'm leaning towards letting you decide if you want to do regular life, long life or aging off. But with regular life you can only use the potion of youth.

@lisabee2 -- just guard those piles. Maybe stay up all night if need be. If the vampires are really changing the challenge, we can talk about allowing one garlic plant on the lot to keep them away. What do you think? @MeaganJo did that because she just couldn't get Vlad to stop cleaning up the piles of garbage.

@SoulGal7 -- Yay! I'm glad you downloaded the new builds. I'm working on the next installment and I think you will like it!

Hugs and hip bumps to all you Murklanders!
    I'm thinking of enclosing my trash plant in a little room with no door until it gives me a plant. Maybe that will work. I am going to try it.
    @Brennachan I think I may have to start again to start fresh :# . I ended up turning ageing off and want turn it back on again (like the challenge of collecting points)

@SoulGal7 guard them with your life lol. You have to make sure as soon as you see another Sim go for the pile that you go talk to them (that's what I did) and to stop your own Sim, well keeping them busy is the key...or sleeping ;)
    @Brennachan - I am playing my sim and had a question about travelling . When you get a call from someone who wants to go somewhere with you to another world (exception of course is Granite Falls), can you go, or do you need to stay in Murkland. Also, should the cell phones be put on silent mode? Just thinking about this as I am playing. About the trash plants, I am trying to put them in a walled room, and a fenced room using the fence tool doesn't work because my sim just reached under the fence to grab the trash. lol The normal wall tool is $60 each so I had to sell some of my collectibles to make the 4 walls. I am not sure how the half walls will work, but they are cheaper. Might be like the fence. I am going to try that with my next trash plant. Right now, she has one big lump as a whole bunch of garbage was put together. Sheesh!
    murkland_hot_tub.png
    Ahhhh...relaxing in the hot tub.
    @Pebblycat -- you can play with aging off, long life or regular life with the ability to purchase the Potion of Youth. I have gone ahead and made that change and will update the the challenge post in a sec.

@SoulGal7 -- please don't use your cell phone unless it is to go to GF. You can use the travel icon to travel with a sim you have already met or you can travel to any residence and start talking with the folks that live there. You don't have to put the cell phone on silent but you can. You just can't text or call anyone. The idea is to have face to face encounters.

The big lump of trash should still make a trash plant but it will only make one instead of a few. As for making a wall -- I had not thought of that. I think it's one way to keep folks away. I was not planning to have you build on that lot but it's not in the rules that you can't...let me know if it makes it too easy. I might have to add a rule later based on that! Good thinking!

The important thing is to have fun and be creative which is exactly what you are doing!

Woot! Woot!
    My brain is telling me to start again being the OCD creature it can be, but my heart is too invested in my Simself.
    I mean come on brain, the poor lady caught on fire twice! I think the heart wins much to brains annoyance :p
    Collecting the points is HARD when you have to try to stay alive .. makes me need to use my brain a bit more LOL I left my trash in place and went on 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to GF .. it had sprouted when I returned
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    I am also assuming that we can grow other items on our lots .. for income or like the ingredients for deo .. but let me know if not and I will pull the plants out before they produce
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    @lisabee2 -- you can only grow trashplants but you sell and eat anything that you collect -- except for fish. You have to see the fish and purchase a bonefish, if your sim wants to eat fish...

@Pebblycat -- you could start fresh and see how you feel. If it doesn't feel right, you can go back to your last game. Also, depending on if you pay the bills or not, there are two different challenges -- so you could continue with your first game doing it one way and then play a second game totally different...just an idea.

Hugs and hip bumps and keep on eating trashplant fruit!
    Sucked in, will totally start a second game once I complete the starter challenge and then have the two going at once

When traveling are we allowed to go to the other worlds? eg San Myshuno. I ended up there trying to find a particular Sim

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top