Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Lore Skill

Comments

• ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    So how DOES one learn Vampiric Lore? Reading a musty tome? (I think I saw a book on a pedestal next to Vlad's coffin and organ.)
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    ^^ In this modern day and age the computer is the best place to start. Some quick research there will lead you to the right books you'll need. There's several Tomes on my recommended reading list. ;)

(Heavy focus on this skill is definite plus)
  • ObscurusObscurus Posts: 626 Member
    Ah, so a computer is needed. I am currently playing mostly pseudo-Medieval families, and they don't own computers. Luckily there's libraries. :)
    edited January 2017
    lol.
    I love the thought of an impatient Vampire teenager having to train their 1000 year old reluctant Vampire father how to use the computer.

https://media.giphy.com/media/GZDGoZYEHZING/giphy.gif

giphy.gif
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    So if I'm understanding this right, vampires can't initially turn sims into vampires unless they have the power to do so?
    1FKDfKj.png
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    So if I'm understanding this right, vampires can't initially turn sims into vampires unless they have the power to do so?

Correct. Vampire Creation is a Tier 2 power. So it's available to purchase after your first rank up.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Correct. Vampire Creation is a Tier 2 power. So it's available to purchase after your first rank up.

@SimGuruNinja Does only Vlad have this power in the beginning? So if I wanted to start out as a normal Sim without creating a vampire to begin with, which vampire has this power to turn? Because if these other two vamps don't have it, it has to be Vlad that one has to go to LOL

• LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    Organ = 10 levels. (We could have gone the easy route and just tied it to piano skill, but where's the fun in that!? There's so many new songs for the Pipe Organ it naturally made sense to give the object its own skill.)

Vamp Lore = 15 levels. (But each level ranks up faster than the normal 10 lvl skill. LOTS of unlocks to be found under this skill. VERY useful for Vamps & Humans alike)

Thank you guys so much for making the organ its own skill.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    edited January 2017
    Simfan923 wrote: »

That'll suck. Or rather, won't suck. Not yet, anyway.
  • TrishaBelleTrishaBelle Posts: 36 Member
    Can a cured vampire become a vampire again?
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member

I still have this question
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,565 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Of course. But only if he is bitten and turned again.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    If EA can do this with vampire supernaturals, I can only imagine what they are going to do for witches. Now I sound like the toddler people. lol I want my witches back.
    DeKay wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »

Of course. But only if he is bitten and turned again.

See for some reason, I thought it would be like a disease almost, Once you've been bitten you're immune. Or, The cure protects your sim for a few days, so it'll take a few days before you can be turned again. (If a vampire stuck their teeth into a sim while the cure was still in their system theres a chance they'd be cured too)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yeah, I wanted to show Vampire Butler and new Club rules, but didn't have the time.
    I even had 2 clubs set up: The Council club was all vamps who wanted to fight, use powers, drink plasma, and play the organ. (all new club requirement and rules for this pack). The other club was the Poser Wannabes who love vampires and want to get to know them. You can imagine the fun when both clubs hung out together. ;)

I missed this, thanks for the inspiration...hadn't thought about what other clubs I could create other than Lost Boys. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • firetotheheart2firetotheheart2 Posts: 3 New Member
    Once I am done reading the 2nd vampire encyclopedia, I cannot figure out how to level up my Vampire Lore skill. I cannot buy the next volume until I level up. I have tried researching for more on the computer but it doesn't help.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Once I am done reading the 2nd vampire encyclopedia, I cannot figure out how to level up my Vampire Lore skill. I cannot buy the next volume until I level up. I have tried researching for more on the computer but it doesn't help.

You need to use your powers, Dark Meditation, get training from a higher ranked vampire master or Grand Master. You can also spar with other vampires and gain power points and make your own rank rise ;)
    Tanja1986 wrote: »

You need to use your powers, Dark Meditation, get training from a higher ranked vampire master or Grand Master. You can also spar with other vampires and gain power points and make your own rank rise ;)

Thank you! I didn't realize that helped your Vampire Lore skill!
    Doing vampire things doesn't seem to level up the skill of Vampire Lore.
    Try re-reading the book or using the computer some more. I'll bet there's some tidbits of info there still that'll make your skill go up some more!
  • angelhampangelhamp Posts: 29 New Member
    Quick question: do you have to have the cooking and mixology skill to create vampire recipes?
  • ctoulsonctoulson Posts: 1 New Member
    I seem to have some sort of glitch. The computer research told me I have done all I can do online. But when I go to buy encyclopedia vol.2, it is grayed out and tells me to do more research. She has completely read Vol. 1 and gone so far as to analyze it just in case. Am I missing something? Can we research somewhere other than the computer? Since reading the next volume will fill an aspiration I can't just skip it. Is it my computer and can it be fixed. I thought I started to research too soon as she was still in the turning phase. So I deleted the sim, the town, and the entire saved game and stared over. However, it is doing the same thing with the new sim. I really don't want to have to start over again. I have had a lot of fun, but have barely begun to play when I get stopped by this problem.
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    Basically keep reading volume one until you're leveled up enough to get two. It was takes a few reads
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I think this skill goes up a little too fast tbh. Then again, it does have 15 levels, so that's probably compensation.
    edited January 2017
    @SimGuruNinja, Give a high-5 to those who designed the Vampire encyclopedia Book Covers.
    keep them around too I want more designs as we progress with supernaturals.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood: