Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Lore Skill

Comments

• MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Will these new skills be club perks? Because the singing skill wasn't a new club perk in Get Together (unless I'm blind). Not sure if this was intentional or not. Hopefully not.

Perks or activities? Singing is a club activity afaik, but not karaoke. And the singing's horribly implemented because they all just keep singing, but never together, so it's kinda messy to listen to :D

I mean the skill boost club perk. I didn't see one for the singing skill.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Wait Vampire Lore is for Vampires right? I think I'm confusing it, For some reason I'm thinking, vampire lore is the Study of Vampires, which is need to Hunt, cure, and slay vampire

I believe in the livestream they said that it would be wise for potential vampire hunters to read up on vampires so they can know their weaknesses and such. For vampires it would be for learning about their own history, gaining skills, and a nice little read for more seasoned vampires who like to just relax. For Hunters it would be for learning about vampires weaknesses, figuring out where a vampire would naturally hang out, and finding cures for vampirism. For regular sims it could just be a nice book about vampires.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @SimGuruNinja how many levels does the organ skill have?

Wait Vampire Lore is for Vampires right? I think I'm confusing it, For some reason I'm thinking, vampire lore is the Study of Vampires, which is need to Hunt, cure, and slay vampire

I'm pretty sure vampire hunters need to study it too.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Dayvon64 wrote: »

I believe in the livestream they said that it would be wise for potential vampire hunters to read up on vampires so they can know their weaknesses and such. For vampires it would be for learning about their own history, gaining skills, and a nice little read for more seasoned vampires who like to just relax. For Hunters it would be for learning about vampires weaknesses, figuring out where a vampire would naturally hang out, and finding cures for vampirism. For regular sims it could just be a nice book about vampires.

Oh okay... that's cool, You have to get a general knowledge but Since all vampires don't have the same weakness they have to be prepared. maybe even get to know the vampire.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    I think that vampire lore is necessary for creating a cure potion. That is why this skill is must have for vampire hunters.
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    ^^ 100% this. Without a cure you're really no match at all.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    ^^ 100% this. Without a cure you're really no match at all.

The cure is it something that only Scientist sims can create? Or is it created with the mixology skill? I am just wondering. Or is there some kind of new object that creates these substances?
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    @SimGuruNinja is there some kind of resistance to the cure?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    @SimGuruNinja is there some kind of resistance to the cure?
    This. If a hunter fights me army doorstep and tries to slay me, will there be a way to defend myself?
  • JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    Curing probably isn't autonomous? Without nods. ;)
    JRBear wrote: »

I'm sure @JohnVanGould and myself would like this confirmed.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    @SimGuruNinja are there any plans to introduce other skills with more than 10 levels in the future? I've always secretly been a bit upset that after level 10 you just stop learning whatever it is.

Also, is the ability to turn sims into vamps a power?

1) Beats me. If it makes sense to a future design I don't see why we couldn't. We made Vamp Lore a 15 lvl skill (that actually levels faster than the traditional 10 lvl skill), because it unlocks a ton of stuff (hint hint) and we wanted the unlock moments to occur faster and more plentiful.

2) The ability to bite and turn another sim into a vampire is a Tier 2 power. (Drinking's for free, but turning? That's gonna cost ya!) :wink:

So we have to work for turning Sims. Plummit.
    edited January 2017
    @SimGuruNinja are there any plans to introduce other skills with more than 10 levels in the future? I've always secretly been a bit upset that after level 10 you just stop learning whatever it is.

Also, is the ability to turn sims into vamps a power?

1) Beats me. If it makes sense to a future design I don't see why we couldn't. We made Vamp Lore a 15 lvl skill (that actually levels faster than the traditional 10 lvl skill), because it unlocks a ton of stuff (hint hint) and we wanted the unlock moments to occur faster and more plentiful.

2) The ability to bite and turn another sim into a vampire is a Tier 2 power. (Drinking's for free, but turning? That's gonna cost ya!) :wink:

So we have to work for turning Sims. Plummit.

Not necessarily: - At least one of the premades (at my guess Vlad - they showed his powers UI in the livestream and if I remember correctly he has the turning power) could turn your sims - combine your household with his (or another vamps) - make the vamp the active sim, click on the sim you want to turn and choose to turn them - let it happen then separate the households again if you want.

Best to then save your newly turned vamps to your library in case your game gets plummed up of something - saves having to do it all over again.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Maybe it is for Ideas Corner
    @SimGuruNinja Outdoor Retreat should have a patch so with herbalism also we can made a repelent against vampires (or against effect of vampire bite)
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Maybe it is for Ideas Corner
    @SimGuruNinja Outdoor Retreat should have a patch so with herbalism also we can made a repelent against vampires (or against effect of vampire bite)

I was hoping we would get that too. They did say that all packs would work together. I love my herbalism skill and would have loved to see some new potions using it with this pack.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2017
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The vampire lore skill will come in handy for my Talamasca Caste who study vampires. If I level them up to different high levels, it should make for a great story.

Are vampires the only ones that can duel? What happens if a human and a vampire fight? Is it regular fight or a one sided fight because one is a vampire?

Seems kinda one-sided to me. Wouldn't wanna be the human in that scenario!

That's why I wonder if hunters can duel or just fight.

Humans can fight vampires and win. Here is human Megan ( @SimGuruMegs ) vs vampire Dave ( @SimGuruNinja ) - Dave loses.

https://clips.twitch.tv/simgurus/AggressiveNarwhalSoonerLater

Dave also said elsewhere that vampire hunting is equal opportunity. Both vamps and non-vamps can be hunters and slay vampires. As long as they can beat them in a fight and make the cure, that is.
    JRBear wrote: »

I'm sure @JohnVanGould and myself would like this confirmed.

No autonomous curing.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Omg just give me this pack already!

Question: can we move release date to Monday instead?

--T
  • jason712jason712 Posts: 83 Member
    To7m wrote: »

--T

Why not tomorrow? Or better yet, right now!
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    jason712 wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »

--T

Why not tomorrow? Or better yet, right now!

Or that... I'm good with that, too!

--T
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    The vampire lore skill will come in handy for my Talamasca Caste who study vampires. If I level them up to different high levels, it should make for a great story.

Are vampires the only ones that can duel? What happens if a human and a vampire fight? Is it regular fight or a one sided fight because one is a vampire?

Seems kinda one-sided to me. Wouldn't wanna be the human in that scenario!

That's why I wonder if hunters can duel or just fight.

Humans can fight vampires and win. Here is human Megan ( @SimGuruMegs ) vs vampire Dave ( @SimGuruNinja ) - Dave loses.

https://clips.twitch.tv/simgurus/AggressiveNarwhalSoonerLater

Dave also said elsewhere that vampire hunting is equal opportunity. Both vamps and non-vamps can be hunters and slay vampires. As long as they can beat them in a fight and make the cure, that is.

Thank you for remembering that I asked this question. I had asked if they were going to crawl on top of the desks and jump at each other to show us what it looked like. He replied that she would win. I guess he was right.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Will these new skills be club perks? Because the singing skill wasn't a new club perk in Get Together (unless I'm blind). Not sure if this was intentional or not. Hopefully not.

Perks or activities? Singing is a club activity afaik, but not karaoke. And the singing's horribly implemented because they all just keep singing, but never together, so it's kinda messy to listen to :D

Every time I see you writing this, I'm like, "What English word is that? I've never seen it before." Just learned it's an abbreviation. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    @SimGuruNinja how many levels does the organ skill have?

Probably ten like the other musical instrument skills. I'm actually surprised they've decided to split it to a separate skill. I thought they would just merge it with the piano skill. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    edited January 2017
    Organ = 10 levels. (We could have gone the easy route and just tied it to piano skill, but where's the fun in that!? There's so many new songs for the Pipe Organ it naturally made sense to give the object its own skill.)

Vamp Lore = 15 levels. (But each level ranks up faster than the normal 10 lvl skill. LOTS of unlocks to be found under this skill. VERY useful for Vamps & Humans alike)