Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Lore Skill

This sounds really cool! It is neat that it is a 15 level skill too. I love that they gave us an alternate way to play with vampires! Who else is excited to learn more about this??

Comments

• leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Be warned than gaining vampire experience / power points only by lore, instead to using powers / fighting, you will be limited by no able to change your powers once you choose them
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    edited January 2017
    @SimGuruNinja are there any plans to introduce other skills with more than 10 levels in the future? I've always secretly been a bit upset that after level 10 you just stop learning whatever it is.

Also, is the ability to turn sims into vamps a power?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Gah, this just keeps getting more in-depth. How cool! Now we can reset Vampy Powers!!
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
    BabySquare wrote: »
    @SimGuruNinja are there any plans to introduce other skills with more than 10 levels in the future? I've always secretly been a bit upset that after level 10 you just stop learning whatever it is.

Also, is the ability to turn sims into vamps a power?

1) Beats me. If it makes sense to a future design I don't see why we couldn't. We made Vamp Lore a 15 lvl skill (that actually levels faster than the traditional 10 lvl skill), because it unlocks a ton of stuff (hint hint) and we wanted the unlock moments to occur faster and more plentiful.

2) The ability to bite and turn another sim into a vampire is a Tier 2 power. (Drinking's for free, but turning? That's gonna cost ya!) :wink:

Thanks, that helps me plan certain details of my game.....
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    2) The ability to bite and turn another sim into a vampire is a Tier 2 power. (Drinking's for free, but turning? That's gonna cost ya!) :wink:

Ohhh now I understand why NPC vampires won't be able to turn others... I did not get why it wouldn't be possible. But this gives me the answer. Because it is a level 2 tier power, which means in order to mod vampires so they would do it automatically one would need to add this power to them somehow before it could even be considered to mod autonomous turning. But just one question, before I break my head when it comes out. Is it possible with modding to make turning autonomous? Just give me this little answer @SimGuruNinja

Tanja1986 wrote: »

Ohhh now I understand why NPC vampires won't be able to turn others... I did not get why it wouldn't be possible. But this gives me the answer. Because it is a level 2 tier power, which means in order to mod vampires so they would do it automatically one would need to add this power to them somehow before it could even be considered to mod autonomous turning. But just one question, before I break my head when it comes out. Is it possible with modding to make turning autonomous? Just give me this little answer @SimGuruNinja

Deaderpool might be able to answer that - such a thing wouldn't look out of place in MC command center.
  • SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    ^^ This.

One last question @SimGuruNinja
    If the livestream is anything to go by, am I correct in saying there is at least one premade vamp that has that turning power?
  • SaccadonSaccadon Posts: 112 Member
    @SimGuruNinja I have a question which I also asked on Twitter but don't know how often you check that, if you turn an NPC into a Vampire will they increase their powers on their own volition?
    "It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is." - Big Boss, MGS4
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The vampire lore skill will come in handy for my Talamasca Caste who study vampires. If I level them up to different high levels, it should make for a great story.

Are vampires the only ones that can duel? What happens if a human and a vampire fight? Is it regular fight or a one sided fight because one is a vampire?
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    The vampire lore skill will come in handy for my Talamasca Caste who study vampires. If I level them up to different high levels, it should make for a great story.

Are vampires the only ones that can duel? What happens if a human and a vampire fight? Is it regular fight or a one sided fight because one is a vampire?

Seems kinda one-sided to me. Wouldn't wanna be the human in that scenario!

That's why I wonder if hunters can duel or just fight.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member

That's why I wonder if hunters can duel or just fight.

Yeah, I thought there are going to be hunters too which I assume are human sim hunters. After the livestream, I'm wondering if all this time, they were just referring to vampires slaying each other. LOL.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    I can't see why there won't be human hunters. They cannot duel like vampires, but they can just use common fight animation. Not so spectacular, but it still works. In lifestream a vampire splashed a cure potion on other vampire after he beat her. The same may work with usual fight animation, and the success may depend on fitness or vampire lore skill.
  • Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    This just keeps getting better and better. Sims 4 is finally getting real depth.

What I would like to know is there going to be enough time for vampires to build their powers and hold a regular job, or is their some other "vampire" way to earn a living? Can an undead earn a living? How about earning simolians?
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Will these new skills be club perks? Because the singing skill wasn't a new club perk in Get Together (unless I'm blind). Not sure if this was intentional or not. Hopefully not.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
    Bronwin2 wrote: »
    This just keeps getting better and better. Sims 4 is finally getting real depth.

What I would like to know is there going to be enough time for vampires to build their powers and hold a regular job, or is their some other "vampire" way to earn a living? Can an undead earn a living? How about earning simolians?

You could always paint or write and sell your creations. A modern vampire could be a social media vamp.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Will these new skills be club perks? Because the singing skill wasn't a new club perk in Get Together (unless I'm blind). Not sure if this was intentional or not. Hopefully not.

Perks or activities? Singing is a club activity afaik, but not karaoke. And the singing's horribly implemented because they all just keep singing, but never together, so it's kinda messy to listen to :D
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    @SimGuruNinja I saw at livestram by icons at objects, computer used for it had installed Vampires, Get Together and Vintage Glamour

It was a coincidence, or was planned show us a vampire club, as well as a vampire butler?
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Be warned than gaining vampire experience / power points only by lore, instead to using powers / fighting, you will be limited by no able to change your powers once you choose them

As long as you know how to make the Draught of Reconfiguration (learned from Vamp Lore skill) you can reset your Powers and choose them again.

There's some short of Reset button down right in the powers panel. What's that about?
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Wait Vampire Lore is for Vampires right? I think I'm confusing it, For some reason I'm thinking, vampire lore is the Study of Vampires, which is need to Hunt, cure, and slay vampire
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    @SimGuruNinja how many levels does the organ skill have?