Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Time Lord Challenge (Updated November 2021)

Comments

• Options
    nastyjmannastyjman Posts: 1,218 Member
    Rhyanie wrote: »
    Hey! So I just started my Time Lord challenge and I live stream it on twitch. I have so many other challenges that I edit an upload to YT that this one is live stream only. I opt'd to use the name generator and instead of using a profession I used the name they gave me and hyphenated the last name. Right now my time lord is Kelner First-Drexel. I didn't see the updated rules about the lot traits so she has 3. Is there a way you can link to the new rules on the front page? Also I was wondering can companions help with collections? I didn't look at every page so I don't know if that has been answered yet or not. I'm glad I read through tonight because you changed that you had to go through the full aspiration instead of stop at 3 or 4 lol. My twitter is RachieBeeSims22 and my Twitch is rachiebee22. I post up when I'm streaming on those sites. Thanks for the wonderful challenge!

Hi Rhyanie, the new rules is posted on the front page; I believe I had updated it on November 2016.

Happy you are trying out the challenge! I'll definitely check out your Twitch channel. Happy simming :)
    TLC_banner_2021_downscale.png
  • Options
    MIND. BLOWN.

TODDLERS?!

Time to turn on the TARDIS again. I'll do another playtest with this update and find out how it affects the rules.
  • Options
    And new teeth?

58HXFbG.gif
  • Options
    "It is very possible that the TARDIS' time-quantum-mechanics could alter your genetic make-up, my dear child, yet I believe the time radiation won't affect you severely."

"goo goo ga ga."

"Exactly! A bit of adventure never hurt."

XS2Jbu5.jpg
  • Options
    "Can you say 'Chrono-Synclastic Infundibulum'?"

Qiw93qk.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Hey Whovians/Simmers.

After firing up my current save on my new time lord, I've been thinking about aging on this challenge. Currently, everyone ages (both unplayed and played sims). This, of course, simulates that time is always moving and that the connections that your time lord makes will be severed by time's indifference.

This sounds logical, but it got me thinking. The Doctor have visited old friends (historical or common), and they are sometimes the same age or a bit older the last time he saw them. Even though The Doctor has reach of all time, he can always visit a timeline where his friends are still alive.

As for the current rules of the challenge, everyone ages and dies of old age, except your time lord who is immortal save for the whole regeneration thing. I've noticed, too, that the relationship panel gets cluttered with pictures of ghosts.

Right now, I will be testing an adjustment to the current rules. It will be this:

- Age Played Sims
    - Don't Age Unplayed Sims

With that, all of your connections and historical friends (if you downloaded them from The Gallery) will be safely tucked in their own timeline.

I anticipate that companions will come and go in your time lord's household. Since time moves in your household, they will be susceptible to time's march to entropy. This will become a dilemma for the Simmer: move out my companion to a new household and make them unplayed? Or keep them and enjoy the time they have left?

I will give an update on this whether to implement this change or not.

Stay tuned, Time Lords and Ladies! :)
  • Options
    Spacey72659Spacey72659 Posts: 1,479 Member
    I usually have my games on aging for everyone, or no one - never really set only my house to age and everyone else to never age so.... if you moved a sim out - do they become 'unplayed' ?
    Like I said, never really paid attention to that because I've never had my settings set up this way...

But I like the idea of not having the outside house holds age - because it does add a level of realism for the story line...

Also,.... even with 7 games going - I was creating a timeline of my games (because I have so many sims crossing time lines and games I wanted to organize and see what links I've created (note, The Librarian has his toes in so many time lines in my Universe LOL!) and it's gotten me reminiscing about my game and missing this challenge. I'm starting to get the itch to work on my spin-off series... amongst other things. Man, I've gotten the crazy bug again to add more series to my stuffed channel, even though I don't have time to play the other games I have. Hahahaaaa)...
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    What if you accidentally regenerate to a toddler?
  • Options
    I usually have my games on aging for everyone, or no one - never really set only my house to age and everyone else to never age so.... if you moved a sim out - do they become 'unplayed' ?
    Like I said, never really paid attention to that because I've never had my settings set up this way...

But I like the idea of not having the outside house holds age - because it does add a level of realism for the story line...

Also,.... even with 7 games going - I was creating a timeline of my games (because I have so many sims crossing time lines and games I wanted to organize and see what links I've created (note, The Librarian has his toes in so many time lines in my Universe LOL!) and it's gotten me reminiscing about my game and missing this challenge. I'm starting to get the itch to work on my spin-off series... amongst other things. Man, I've gotten the crazy bug again to add more series to my stuffed channel, even though I don't have time to play the other games I have. Hahahaaaa)...

Thank you so much for your input Spacey!

The reason why I'm also thinking of freezing time outside your Time Lord is rotational gameplay. With my toddler now, I want him to move out eventually to have a "normal" life. Once he's out, I can switch to his household and play it like a normal game, but still have my Time Lord not age up or anything.

And I love the idea that The Librarian exists in all of your universe. :D He is truly your Time Lord.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    What if you accidentally regenerate to a toddler?

I was thinking of doing a household with my First Time Lord as a Toddler being raised by his Time Lord parents. If I'm comfortable with freezing time in my current test on this change of rules, then this would open up a fun narrative to the whole challenge.

A word of caution though: if you age down your current Time Lord, the Rewards Aspirations that you had bought or earned in your playthrough will get deleted.
  • Options
    So this could work. I found out that Age Played Sims could be limited to the Active Household you are playing. That means you can have multiple Played Sim households and not have them age. This will be good since you can play other sim families and even do some challenges along with your Time Lord.

I'll do further testings and update the rules once I've locked it down.
  • Options
    nastyjman wrote: »

Thank you so much for your input Spacey!

The reason why I'm also thinking of freezing time outside your Time Lord is rotational gameplay. With my toddler now, I want him to move out eventually to have a "normal" life. Once he's out, I can switch to his household and play it like a normal game, but still have my Time Lord not age up or anything.

And I love the idea that The Librarian exists in all of your universe. :D He is truly your Time Lord.

Oh yeah.. and First... that jerk really messed up stuff for everyone (although, I guess it worked out, even if it was his blundering... LOL!)
    I just love that all my games are starting to connect, feels really immersive - but I also love that it's so easy to fit the Librarian into everything. He started my channel, it's only fitting he has his hands in everything... and toes... and... etc. LOL!!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    t7vCAb1.png
    "And your theory will be widely known by all sim-kind."

"Theory? What theory?"

"Oh. Which timeline am I in?"

"Timeline? Who are you again?"

"Forget what I said. Anyway, just remember that everything is 'relative'."

[Albert Einstein by @simnopsis]
    Post edited by nastyjman on
  • Options
    Well, it's semi-official...
    I asked my Space Muffins about the idea of rating games on the channel by generations... so that would mean I could add new things in sooner, rather then waiting until a series ends...

As long as there's no serious objections... it means Lady Heart, First Negotiator will be coming soon! WHOOO.
    Gonna refresh myself on my notes and get ready, make a thumbnail and get Lady ready.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Well, it's semi-official...
    I asked my Space Muffins about the idea of rating games on the channel by generations... so that would mean I could add new things in sooner, rather then waiting until a series ends...

As long as there's no serious objections... it means Lady Heart, First Negotiator will be coming soon! WHOOO.
    Gonna refresh myself on my notes and get ready, make a thumbnail and get Lady ready.

Yey! A Time Lady! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I added a prehistoric family in my Time Lord's universe. I love that we can put skirts on the men, so they look like real cave people. :D

twRaYgA.jpg

And here's Redux showing the cave people how to start a fire the easier way.

bikOkyy.jpg

EDIT:

And wouldn't you know it, fire discovered them too.

oyRCZhS.jpg
  • Options
    Built my new Tardis! It's a lot different then my old one, but I like it... it's masquerading as a house ;)

https://twitter.com/SpaceySims/status/821119644773838849
  • Options
    Built my new Tardis! It's a lot different then my old one, but I like it... it's masquerading as a house ;)

Now that looks awesome!
  • Options

Now that looks awesome!

Thanks!!
  • Options
    Since I'm playtesting multiple households and rotational gameplay, I found some funny moments with regards to timelines.

I have a prehistoric family and a Victorian family. A child in the prehistoric era showed up in the public library, and the Victorian family popped in as well. The clashing costumes was funny.

In my head, I'm imagining that my Time Lord has traveled so much through time that she's accidentally opening wormholes on different eras. And since these wormholes are open, some of them jump inside them and appear in a different era.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I will be updating the rules this week (or weekend. Busy busy schedule :s ). I am happy with the aging change that I tested this weekend. Households did not age, both played and unplayed, except for the Active Household.

Also, I've observed that I'm getting attached to the neighborhood that I'm setting up with different eras and timelines. The prehistoric family I've setup is a good aside if I want to get a break from my Time Lord. Also, the Victorian family who's in the Titanic is bittersweet. I believe this is because the neighborhood won't die of old age and clutter your relationship panels with ghosts.

Since then, I'm thinking of reviving Scenarios, which was a failed project for this challenge. Scenarios will be like @Vihisha The Drifter Challenge, but with a sci-fi and time travel twist. It will be a challenge-lite, but not too cumbersome that it detracts from the main Time Lord Challenge.
  • Options
    iamthekiamthek Posts: 56 Member
    @Spacey72659 I love your TARDIS and I can't watit for your Time Lady :)

@nastyjman I love the idea with different eras and timelines. Looking forward to the update of the rules, but please don't rush yourself and take your time :) I also like the idea of scenarios. Where do you get all this inspiration from?
    Glad you did some testing with the aging of the neighborhood - I haven't had the time to check the game and the patch. I haven't even tested the new teeth or the toddlers.
    "Have a good look, kids! That's how you catch tasty Sims!", said the mothercowplant to her babies. <3
  • Options
    iamthek wrote: »
    @Spacey72659 I love your TARDIS and I can't watit for your Time Lady :)

@nastyjman I love the idea with different eras and timelines. Looking forward to the update of the rules, but please don't rush yourself and take your time :) I also like the idea of scenarios. Where do you get all this inspiration from?
    Glad you did some testing with the aging of the neighborhood - I haven't had the time to check the game and the patch. I haven't even tested the new teeth or the toddlers.

Thanks iamthek!

I think I get these inspiration from being obsessed with Doctor Who and Time Lords and Time Travel. :D I've been always in love with the concept of Time Travel. One of my favorite movie as a kid was Back to the Future, and I always watch any show or movie related to time travel.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    hrVi0Ry.jpg

SIRENS OF TITAN

SETUP
    • Download the “Titan Plaza” lot in The Gallery. Use the hashtag #scenario #timelordchallenge
    • Download the “Sirens of Titan” household in The Gallery. Use the hashtag #scenario #timelordchallenge
    • Use “freerealestate on” cheat to move-in household to “Titan Plaza”

SCENE 1
    • GOAL:
    • Have a “Friend” relationship level with Xyla Honep

You open the door to your TARDIS, expecting the sunny surface of Axola Prime, only to find that you’re in Titan Zeta. You make a mental note that you should have taken a ninety-degree turn at La Jola.

No matter. You wanted a vacation anyway, so you make the most of it. At Pecos Zedd, instead of fantastic beaches they have fantastic music. The inhabitants call themselves ‘Sirens.’ And just like the story of ‘JaSim and the Argh-o-nauts’, their voices are captivating, to the point that you bump into one of them in the middle of her song.

“Watch it, pal!” she said.

Breaking her song also broke the crowd that had gathered. She tries to get them back by apologizing and promising a better rendition of SHTRAKMGRLKA, which is a traditional song of the locality.

“Great! Just great! You owe me, pal!” she said, scowling at you.

You apologize profusely to the Siren until she accepts it begrudgingly.

“Fine. Just shut up already,” she said, sighing. “I don’t know what I’m going to do. Rent is due tonight, and I’m still short.”

(Click Spoiler once you have completed the Scene Goals)
    SCENE 2
    • GOAL:
    • Play a Musical Instrument around Xyla without getting the Embarrassed moodlet
    • Earn 50 in tips (can be done outside the lot)

You formally introduce yourself to her.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Xyla.”

Now that’s out of the way, you offer your talents to Xyla, to which she raises an eyebrow.

“You? No offense, but you don’t look resonant.”

Resonant? What does she mean? Then you remember that Sirens have a sixth sense with regards to the universal rhythm. You agree that you are not resonant, but you do have rhythm.

“Really? Okay. Prove it.”

You take out your musical instrument and play. Xyla makes a face, and you get a little embarrassed. But you keep on. You then look at the way she bobs her head and how the other Sirens bob their heads. The universal rhythm. So you play your instrument, attuned to the universal rhythm without actually hearing it.

“Hey, not bad, Time Lord,” said Xyla, smiling.

More Sirens gather around, and they seem impressed that a non-Siren could play great music. Xyla joins in, and the tips come showering in. By the end of your jam session, Xyla is ecstatic.

“Now I can pay rent!”

She looks at her watch and gasps.

“Snap! I need to get to the apartment before midnight!”

Luckily, you are a Time Lord with a TARDIS. You invite her in, and she’s floored at what she sees.

“It’s- it’s- it’s bigger in the inside?”

With no time to waste, you flip the switch, pull the lever and hope your TARDIS follows your coordinates.

SCENE 3
    • GOAL:
    • Have a “Friend” relationship level with Groog Diddi

The TARDIS whines and grinds. The floor shakes and the walls tremble. Xyla yelps as the TARDIS jumps from Point A to Point Z in a matter of seconds. You open the door, relieved that the TARDIS finally followed you.

Xyla runs out of the TARDIS and makes it to the landlord’s office on time.

“I have the cash! You don’t have to kick me out just yet,” Xyla said, panting.

The landlord clicks his tongue and gestures to Xyla to hand over the money. He counts it, nodding to the universal rhythm.

“It’s all here, all right,” the landlord said. “But you missed the deadline, so you owe me an additional fifty.”

Xyla scowls at the landlord. “That’s all I have. I can pay you the difference tomorrow.”

“No deal, kiddo. Either you have the cash or you don’t. We all follow rules. Otherwise, it's chaos.”

Xyla’s lips trembled, and she hid her face from you, embarrassed. You are incredulous that Xyla was taking this abuse from her landlord. You tell the landlord that Xyla is good for it and that he should give her an exception.

“It’s alright, Time Lord. We all have to follow rules,” Xyla said. “Just like how the universal rhythm follows a certain rule.”

Nonsense.

You confront the landlord, your voice rising in passion, making him feel the anger and injustice in your tone. You tell him that rules can be broken, and without breaking rules, there will be no room for innovation.

“Break the rules? Unheard of!”

You correct him by saying that there is a planet where rules are constantly broken. You even tell him that there is a type of music called ‘jazz’ that does exactly this. Despite it being chaotic, there is beauty underneath the discord.

"Sorry, bud. Rules are rules," the landlord said, returning his focus to his computer.

FINALE

• GOAL:
    • Take Xyla to a Lounge
    • Dance with Xyla

You then reveal that you were the cause for Xyla being late with her rent. You offer him a crystal that hums in the palm of your hand. He eyes the crystal, a quick smile coming in and out of his face. He then changes his demeanor, trying to play it off.

“Fine. But I’ll only do this once. If she misses another deadline, she’s out of here. Alright?”

Xyla beams at the news.

“Don’t worry, Groog. It won’t happen again,” said Xyla.

Groog hands her a new keycard for her apartment. Xyla invites you inside. As you step in, you realize that apartment sizes are a universal constant: small.

“It’s nothing like your spaceship.”

You correct her by saying it’s a TARDIS, not a spaceship.

“Fine. TARDIS. So what about this ‘jazz’ thing you were talking about to Groog? Music that doesn’t follow rules?”

You grin.

You take Xyla to Sim-Earth. There, you head to the local music lounge where they have jazz performers on occasion. At first, Xyla is confused and horrified at the broken rhythm and slapdash nature of the genre. But eventually, she picks up a rhythm--a universal rhythm--to it. She bobs her head to the discordant sound, enjoying the chaos.

(Thank you for playing this scenario. You can now choose to have Xyla as your companion by Asking To Move In)
    Post edited by nastyjman on
  • Options
    RhyanieRhyanie Posts: 87 Member
    Rhyanie wrote: »
    Hey! So I just started my Time Lord challenge and I live stream it on twitch. I have so many other challenges that I edit an upload to YT that this one is live stream only. I opt'd to use the name generator and instead of using a profession I used the name they gave me and hyphenated the last name. Right now my time lord is Kelner First-Drexel. I didn't see the updated rules about the lot traits so she has 3. Is there a way you can link to the new rules on the front page? Also I was wondering can companions help with collections? I didn't look at every page so I don't know if that has been answered yet or not. I'm glad I read through tonight because you changed that you had to go through the full aspiration instead of stop at 3 or 4 lol. My twitter is RachieBeeSims22 and my Twitch is rachiebee22. I post up when I'm streaming on those sites. Thanks for the wonderful challenge!

Hi Rhyanie, the new rules is posted on the front page; I believe I had updated it on November 2016.

Happy you are trying out the challenge! I'll definitely check out your Twitch channel. Happy simming :)

Yes, I am trying out the challenge. I don't record Time Lord for YT so it's just on twitch at the moment.
    OriginID RachieBee22
    View my baby challenge blog here. 100babychallengets4.blogspot.com/
    View my YouTube channel here.
    Rachie Bee's YouTube/
    View my baby challenge spread sheet here.
    Baby Challenge Data

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top