Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cancelling Pregnancy Without Mods

Comments

• Options
    Simsfan9911Simsfan9911 Posts: 155 Member
    I didn't know you could remove the pregnancy buff, that's cool.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Soulcloud6 wrote: »
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Would be a nice addition to have the option to terminate a pregnancy in early stages or to use a pill after trying for baby

I think that's one of the few things EA won't do when it comes to the franchise. The Gurus think that something like terminating a pregnancy is too dark.

I agree, I don't see that ever being added since the TS4 seems to be aiming at a even younger audience than TS3.
    The pill option for an hour after trying for baby should be an easy fix and it's not dark.
    Still i doubt this will ever be addressed.
    That and terminating a pregnancy is an extreme sensitive and heated subject in the United States. That's one subject you don't bring up unless you want people after you with pitchforks.
    So was gay marriage back in 2001, and look at TS1.

The thing is, the Sims 1 didn't say propose or get married with same-gender sims, instead it would say MOVE IN as a friendly option even if the two sims aren't in love. Though two sims could still use all the romantic options. I'm pretty sure in The Sims 1 same-gender sims that live together and love each other get the adoption service calls.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    Would be a nice addition to have the option to terminate a pregnancy in early stages or to use a pill after trying for baby

I think that's one of the few things EA won't do when it comes to the franchise. The Gurus think that something like terminating a pregnancy is too dark.

I agree, I don't see that ever being added since the TS4 seems to be aiming at a even younger audience than TS3.
    The pill option for an hour after trying for baby should be an easy fix and it's not dark.
    That and terminating a pregnancy is an extreme sensitive and heated subject in the United States. That's one subject you don't bring up unless you want people after you with pitchforks.

The thing is, the Sims 1 didn't say propose or get married with same-gender sims, instead it would say MOVE IN as a friendly option even if the two sims aren't in love. Though two sims could still use all the romantic options. I'm pretty sure in The Sims 1 same-gender sims that live together and love each other get the adoption service calls.
    Exactly. Sims 1 didn't allow same-gender marriage. Relationships and romantic interactions, yes, but not marriage. Even in Sims 2, same-gender marriage was called "joined union". It wasn't until Sims 3 same-gender and opposite-gender marriages were treated fully equally.

Also, those are two completely different subjects, and one of the two has a much darker history than the other.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Sorak4 wrote: »

Exactly. Sims 1 didn't allow same-gender marriage. Relationships and romantic interactions, yes, but not marriage. Even in Sims 2, same-gender marriage was called "joined union". It wasn't until Sims 3 same-gender and opposite-gender marriages were treated fully equally.

Also, those are two completely different subjects, and one of the two has a much darker history than the other.

Incredibly dark. But at least it shows the progression throughout the franchise.

1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Why not termitate pregnancy?
    Abortion is something than Maxis won't enter or also no discuss?

In fact I no would expect at hospital at the surgery machine, but could be than when appear moodlet of first trimester (only that stage) you could terminate pregnancy with the cheat than remove all buffs
  • Options
    pinkknight1006pinkknight1006 Posts: 792 Member
    you will have to go through the pregnancy but if she goes into labor and you don't have a basinet there will be no baby I discovered this my accident one day.
    p.gifi.gifn.gifk.gifk.gifn.gifi.gifg.gifh.gift.gif
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »

In fact I no would expect at hospital at the surgery machine, but could be than when appear moodlet of first trimester (only that stage) you could terminate pregnancy with the cheat than remove all buffs
    You'd be surprised at how hot that topic can get. Right now, some people are trying to pass laws that will make miscarriage illegal and a criminal offense (and yes, people have already been arrested and jailed for just that).

So, I don't see abortion being included into the series any time soon.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    xMarissaxxMarissax Posts: 3 New Member
    The Sims.remove_all_buffs still works as an option. Just turn on cheats, use that cheat, then change their outfits. Bam, gone lol.
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »

It's my opinion 'abortion' is a good idea for something to add to sims.
    But I can see why they don't. I figure it's one of those touchy areas. As it is people are constantly debating whether or not it's 'wrong'. Big debate topic lol.
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited May 2017
    [deleted]
    Post edited by dreamprisoner on
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    I'd just get MC command center and terminate the pregnancy. Alternatively you can wait until the baby is born and then go into manage households just delete the baby. Not sure though if that works on a game without MC command center...
  • Options
    GlennCocoGlennCoco Posts: 31 Member
    when i don't have that mod (when its outdated) i normally stop aging and speed till the baby is born when that happends i don't give any attention to the baby and child support takes it and removes it from the game
  • Options
    i_jessi_jess Posts: 5 New Member
    OmG....I can't explain to you just how HAPPY I am finding this thread! :'(
    Malcolm just got married and is expecting. (His parents just have 2 days to be Elders and I hit try for baby by mistake
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    edited April 2017
    you will have to go through the pregnancy but if she goes into labor and you don't have a basinet there will be no baby I discovered this my accident one day.

That makes no sense whatsoever. In my experience, if you don't purchase a bassinet before the baby is born, one is provided from Social Services.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    silkydreamgirl10silkydreamgirl10 Posts: 61 Member
    lmao thats funny because my sim has a toddler and I wanted to have another baby but decided against it. I was in and out of sleep when I noticed my sims in bed. Was too tired to really think about it so I saved and exited and took a nap. 20 mins ago I turned the game back on and after awhile received a notification stated my sim was pregnant. Turns out my 11 year old did this so now I have to deal with a second child! O well
  • Options
    i_jess wrote: »
    Malcolm just got married and is expecting. (His parents just have 2 days to be Elders and I hit try for baby by mistake

Update. It didn't work. Left the Landgraab's but found our through the family tree that Nancy had twins. A girl and a boy. Seems like Malcolm finally has company :(
  • Options
    i_jess wrote: »

Basically, it removed he appearance of the pregnancy and all moodlets associated with it. Including morning sickness but she couldn't exercise, I tried using the _inlabor cheat to test but she wouldnt give birth :s
  • Options
    almaospalmaosp Posts: 1 New Member
    The belly is still there even thought I did it.. and now I can't do try for baby again
  • Options
    Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    Welp. I don't know any way to cancel/abort the pregnancy as the stat modifier is independent of the pregnancy buffs. A workaround would be:
    stats.set_stat commodity_pregnancy 100

This will cause your sim to give birth immediately. Then you can get rid of the baby :)
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    There should at least be a pregnancy termination option when there is an alien abduction - 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in a way really.
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    rudolpha wrote: »
    There should at least be a pregnancy termination option when there is an alien abduction - plum in a way really.

There is an option to "return to home planet" or something along those lines once the alien baby is born.
  • Options
    NephilimNephilim Posts: 64 Member
    should be able to set a baby up for adoption honestly.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited May 2017
    Alternatively you can wait until the baby is born and then go into manage households just delete the baby. Not sure though if that works on a game without MC command center...
    You can't delete the baby through manage households without any mods but you can click on the bassinet after the baby is born to immediately age up the baby into a toddler....and then go into manage households to delete the toddler.
    That makes no sense whatsoever. In my experience, if you don't purchase a bassinet before the baby is born, one is provided from Social Services.

I was gonna say the same thing....in my experience, a bassinet will just appear somewhere in the house/apartment with the baby in it.
    Post edited by JimG72 on
  • Options
    cutiejecutieje Posts: 72 Member
    nopee
    forever wishing i could use motherlode irl.
  • Options
    FredkittenFredkitten Posts: 1 New Member
    Well i removed all the buffs and it cancelled it, but i have 7 sims and it says the lot is full. how do i fix this?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top